Topic Stats

• 728 posts
  • 185 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by Kingpin22
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 94 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190427_190828 (resized).jpg
20190427_191159 (resized).jpg
20190728_105413 (resized).jpg
20190727_195526 (resized).jpg
3200DC1D-E647-4972-A245-9D1F0A0A8FDA (resized).jpeg
F64D76B3-ADA0-4145-8C3F-0AC757F68CA8 (resized).jpeg
321A9B0A-2DF9-4ABF-9E17-92DDABC11252 (resized).jpeg
C0A0E5BD-C336-47F5-A78F-39098BA676C4 (resized).jpeg
E287BD6A-F3F9-4A8E-906B-31087180B5DA (resized).jpeg
DSC03939 (resized).JPG
FD0A16F2-788E-40C0-B050-9E4E9DC231D5 (resized).jpeg
7DE8C09D-1E27-4F6B-A060-B37999EEFBE0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3783.JPG
IMG_3782.JPG
IMG_3779.JPG
IMG_3776.JPG

There are 728 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.
#701 10 months ago

TAF is the focus for next production. We're evaluating a printer to work with for this multi-color job. First samples look promising.

I will provide updates as they happen.

#702 10 months ago

I am in for TAF as well. Thanks for keeping this moving!

7 months later
#703 82 days ago

Thought I would repost this update here so people hoping for early bally aprons where not informed:

I wanted to provide an update, because I’ve left this thread in the dark for too long.
As you may have noticed, I have moved from MN to WI. So, my capacity to assist Matt merfeldma in apron production will be limited to demand forecasting and customer relations. In past production runs, I have handled packaging, shipping and logistics. I may still be able to support these in a limited capacity; we’ll see.
That said, Matt will be handling production in MN going forward. The next planned production is for Addams Family, however we have run into delays. Mainly due to finding a direct printer that’s willing and able to take on small quantities. Me moving and Matt having kid #2 didn’t help progress either.
Apologies for the not great update; but life happens.

#704 82 days ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Thought I would repost this update here so people hoping for early bally aprons where not informed:
I wanted to provide an update, because I’ve left this thread in the dark for too long.
As you may have noticed, I have moved from MN to WI. So, my capacity to assist Matt merfeldma in apron production will be limited to demand forecasting and customer relations. In past production runs, I have handled packaging, shipping and logistics. I may still be able to support these in a limited capacity; we’ll see.
That said, Matt will be handling production in MN going forward. The next planned production is for Addams Family, however we have run into delays. Mainly due to finding a direct printer that’s willing and able to take on small quantities. Me moving and Matt having kid #2 didn’t help progress either.

Thanks for the update, looking forward to ordering an Addams Gold apron.

#705 82 days ago

Thanks for the update. Still hoping for a Bally Viking someday.

#706 82 days ago

Still hoping for Paragon. Will be scanning my current apron and cleaning up the artwork scratches and stains to make my own cover or magnet.

#707 81 days ago

OK, so I scanned the old apron. Next I cleaned it up in Gimp and Paint. As part of the process I down converted it to four colors to get rid of any gradients. This made it really easy to finish the touch-up and replace colors with a bucket fill. I made the blue closer to my repainted cabinet color and added some cool price and instruction cards right into the artwork. The format is a standard size 20x30 inches which cost $9.50 to print in one hour at Sam's Club. The print scaling is a perfect match. Now I just need to carefully cut and attach it with some spray glue. I plan to wrap it around and down the sides and use mylar where the ball will hit. This should last until someone comes out with a screened version!

20190727_195526 (resized).jpg
#708 80 days ago
Quoted from brenna98:

It's a shame you and Matt are located where you are. I know an old retired guy in the Twin Cities that could help with things.

#709 80 days ago

All done. It looks great. If I had to do it again, I would go with a different glue than the 3M 77. I'd either use mounting tape or just do the sheet magnet trick. The spray glue is removable, so will make it easy to remove and strip for screening, if that ever becomes a possibility. It just had a little adhesion trouble where it wraps around the corners. Not a big problem though, I'm just a little anal. Once the glass goes on, no one will know but me, so not a problem.

20190728_105413 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#710 41 days ago

Anyone else looking for the KISS (Bally) aprons to be reproduced now that CPR came out with the playfields?

#711 40 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

Anyone else looking for the KISS (Bally) aprons to be reproduced now that CPR came out with the playfields?

+1

#712 40 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

All done. It looks great. If I had to do it again, I would go with a different glue than the 3M 77. I'd either use mounting tape or just do the sheet magnet trick. The spray glue is removable, so will make it easy to remove and strip for screening, if that ever becomes a possibility. It just had a little adhesion trouble where it wraps around the corners. Not a big problem though, I'm just a little anal. Once the glass goes on, no one will know but me, so not a problem.[quoted image]

It does look great. Nice work. I should do that for my Future Spa. Apron is trashed.

#713 40 days ago

Still interested in blanks!!!

#714 40 days ago
Quoted from CanadianPinball:

Still interested in blanks!!!

Blanks would be really good as well...

#715 39 days ago

Does anybody make or sell aprons for WPC era games? I am having the hardest time finding one for STTNG

#716 37 days ago
Quoted from pinster68:

It does look great. Nice work. I should do that for my Future Spa. Apron is trashed.

Apparently the people who print the "wraps" for cars and trucks can print smaller custom sizes. That stuff is meant to wrap around metal. Would be interesting to try that here.

#717 37 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yep.

#718 37 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

All done. It looks great. If I had to do it again, I would go with a different glue than the 3M 77. I'd either use mounting tape or just do the sheet magnet trick. The spray glue is removable, so will make it easy to remove and strip for screening, if that ever becomes a possibility. It just had a little adhesion trouble where it wraps around the corners. Not a big problem though, I'm just a little anal. Once the glass goes on, no one will know but me, so not a problem.[quoted image]

Is your Paragon cabinet done with blue as the base color?

#719 36 days ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Is your Paragon cabinet done with blue as the base color?

Yep, gold spatter and all. Figured I'd do something a little different.

20190427_190828 (resized).jpg20190427_191159 (resized).jpg
#720 36 days ago

I’m late to this party.

Is this still an active business?

I’d love a Paragon and a Xenon. Who do I send $ to? How do I get on the contact list?

#721 36 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yep, gold spatter and all. Figured I'd do something a little different.

You sick mo'fo.....

1 week later
#722 23 days ago

Surprised no one ever requested Eight Ball.

Any chance to see a run for Eight Ball?

#723 22 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

I'd buy one for sure...

#724 22 days ago

Looking for Fireball 2 apron. Maybe if enough interest they might make it.

#725 22 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

Quoted from Joey_N:

I'd buy one for sure...

Well keep them coming as brenna98 needs to know there's a demand for them as he said there wasn't many people asking for them originally.

#726 22 days ago

Chances are the whole operation is likely dead

#727 22 days ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Chances are the whole operation is likely dead

What have you heard? I know brenna98, I forget his partner, is pretty much solo on this as one of the two moved away. Also, they do this on the side so yeah the titles do come out slow but as of 3 weeks ago, when I PM'd brenna98, he advised me on the possibilities of doing KISS and made no mention of this being dead!

#728 22 days ago
Quoted from doghouse:

You sick mo'fo.

Yeah Babee!!!! Looks awesome

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
There are 728 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside