Stern Trace (resized).JPG
Image (resized).jpeg
2023-04-19_214251 (resized).jpg
Document_2023-04-19_214452 (resized).jpg
apron (resized).JPG
IMG_3119 (resized).jpg
IMG_20221205_122016318 (resized).jpg
1 - Apron (Powder Coated) (resized).jpg
There are 931 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 19.
#701 5 years ago

TAF is the focus for next production. We're evaluating a printer to work with for this multi-color job. First samples look promising.

I will provide updates as they happen.

#702 5 years ago

I am in for TAF as well. Thanks for keeping this moving!

7 months later
#703 4 years ago

Thought I would repost this update here so people hoping for early bally aprons where not informed:

I wanted to provide an update, because I’ve left this thread in the dark for too long.
As you may have noticed, I have moved from MN to WI. So, my capacity to assist Matt merfeldma in apron production will be limited to demand forecasting and customer relations. In past production runs, I have handled packaging, shipping and logistics. I may still be able to support these in a limited capacity; we’ll see.
That said, Matt will be handling production in MN going forward. The next planned production is for Addams Family, however we have run into delays. Mainly due to finding a direct printer that’s willing and able to take on small quantities. Me moving and Matt having kid #2 didn’t help progress either.
Apologies for the not great update; but life happens.

#704 4 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Thought I would repost this update here so people hoping for early bally aprons where not informed:
I wanted to provide an update, because I’ve left this thread in the dark for too long.
As you may have noticed, I have moved from MN to WI. So, my capacity to assist Matt merfeldma in apron production will be limited to demand forecasting and customer relations. In past production runs, I have handled packaging, shipping and logistics. I may still be able to support these in a limited capacity; we’ll see.
That said, Matt will be handling production in MN going forward. The next planned production is for Addams Family, however we have run into delays. Mainly due to finding a direct printer that’s willing and able to take on small quantities. Me moving and Matt having kid #2 didn’t help progress either.

Thanks for the update, looking forward to ordering an Addams Gold apron.

#705 4 years ago

Thanks for the update. Still hoping for a Bally Viking someday.

#706 4 years ago

Still hoping for Paragon. Will be scanning my current apron and cleaning up the artwork scratches and stains to make my own cover or magnet.

#707 4 years ago

OK, so I scanned the old apron. Next I cleaned it up in Gimp and Paint. As part of the process I down converted it to four colors to get rid of any gradients. This made it really easy to finish the touch-up and replace colors with a bucket fill. I made the blue closer to my repainted cabinet color and added some cool price and instruction cards right into the artwork. The format is a standard size 20x30 inches which cost $9.50 to print in one hour at Sam's Club. The print scaling is a perfect match. Now I just need to carefully cut and attach it with some spray glue. I plan to wrap it around and down the sides and use mylar where the ball will hit. This should last until someone comes out with a screened version!

20190727_195526 (resized).jpg20190727_195526 (resized).jpg
#708 4 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

It's a shame you and Matt are located where you are. I know an old retired guy in the Twin Cities that could help with things.

#709 4 years ago

All done. It looks great. If I had to do it again, I would go with a different glue than the 3M 77. I'd either use mounting tape or just do the sheet magnet trick. The spray glue is removable, so will make it easy to remove and strip for screening, if that ever becomes a possibility. It just had a little adhesion trouble where it wraps around the corners. Not a big problem though, I'm just a little anal. Once the glass goes on, no one will know but me, so not a problem.

20190728_105413 (resized).jpg20190728_105413 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#710 4 years ago

Anyone else looking for the KISS (Bally) aprons to be reproduced now that CPR came out with the playfields?

#711 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Anyone else looking for the KISS (Bally) aprons to be reproduced now that CPR came out with the playfields?

+1

#712 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

All done. It looks great. If I had to do it again, I would go with a different glue than the 3M 77. I'd either use mounting tape or just do the sheet magnet trick. The spray glue is removable, so will make it easy to remove and strip for screening, if that ever becomes a possibility. It just had a little adhesion trouble where it wraps around the corners. Not a big problem though, I'm just a little anal. Once the glass goes on, no one will know but me, so not a problem.[quoted image]

It does look great. Nice work. I should do that for my Future Spa. Apron is trashed.

#713 4 years ago

Still interested in blanks!!!

#714 4 years ago
Quoted from CanadianPinball:

Still interested in blanks!!!

Blanks would be really good as well...

#715 4 years ago

Does anybody make or sell aprons for WPC era games? I am having the hardest time finding one for STTNG

#716 4 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

It does look great. Nice work. I should do that for my Future Spa. Apron is trashed.

Apparently the people who print the "wraps" for cars and trucks can print smaller custom sizes. That stuff is meant to wrap around metal. Would be interesting to try that here.

#717 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yep.

#718 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

All done. It looks great. If I had to do it again, I would go with a different glue than the 3M 77. I'd either use mounting tape or just do the sheet magnet trick. The spray glue is removable, so will make it easy to remove and strip for screening, if that ever becomes a possibility. It just had a little adhesion trouble where it wraps around the corners. Not a big problem though, I'm just a little anal. Once the glass goes on, no one will know but me, so not a problem.[quoted image]

Is your Paragon cabinet done with blue as the base color?

#719 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Is your Paragon cabinet done with blue as the base color?

Yep, gold spatter and all. Figured I'd do something a little different.

20190427_190828 (resized).jpg20190427_190828 (resized).jpg20190427_191159 (resized).jpg20190427_191159 (resized).jpg
#720 4 years ago

I’m late to this party.

Is this still an active business?

I’d love a Paragon and a Xenon. Who do I send $ to? How do I get on the contact list?

#721 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yep, gold spatter and all. Figured I'd do something a little different.

You sick mo'fo.....

1 week later
#722 4 years ago

Surprised no one ever requested Eight Ball.

Any chance to see a run for Eight Ball?

#723 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I'd buy one for sure...

#724 4 years ago

Looking for Fireball 2 apron. Maybe if enough interest they might make it.

#725 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Quoted from Joey_N:

I'd buy one for sure...

Well keep them coming as brenna98 needs to know there's a demand for them as he said there wasn't many people asking for them originally.

#726 4 years ago

Chances are the whole operation is likely dead

#727 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Chances are the whole operation is likely dead

What have you heard? I know brenna98, I forget his partner, is pretty much solo on this as one of the two moved away. Also, they do this on the side so yeah the titles do come out slow but as of 3 weeks ago, when I PM'd brenna98, he advised me on the possibilities of doing KISS and made no mention of this being dead!

#728 4 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

You sick mo'fo.

Yeah Babee!!!! Looks awesome

3 months later
#729 4 years ago

I know I’m just going to be another voice in the crowd, but very interested in a Playboy apron!

#730 4 years ago

Hopefully this operation will pick back up this year. It seemed to have good demand, but sometimes life gets in the way.

#731 4 years ago

merfeldma
With the kids, job and life in general....is this on permanent hold?

Would love to at least see blanks being offered

#732 4 years ago

As far as I know, @merfeldma is still working to make Addams Family.

As I stated earlier in the thread, I’ve moved to Wisconsin and can’t help Matt in the same capacity I did.

#733 4 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

As I stated earlier in the thread, I’ve moved to Wisconsin and can’t help Matt in the same capacity I did.

I can help if need be

4 months later
#734 3 years ago

merfeldma
I too am interested in seeing an update to this thread. I would be very interested in a skate ball apron if there are still any available. Or perhaps someone else who picked one up from the original run but never used it could contact me

#735 3 years ago
Quoted from thatdangguy:

merfeldma
I too am interested in seeing an update to this thread. I would be very interested in a skate ball apron if there are still any available.

Planetary pinball has the skateball aprons.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-P-5871-44

#736 3 years ago
IMG_0455.JPGIMG_0455.JPG
#737 3 years ago

You are Brilliant! Thank you and already ordered
Fine looking game BTW.

#738 3 years ago
Quoted from thatdangguy:

You are Brilliant! Thank you and already ordered
Fine looking game BTW.

You’re lucky. I need at least a decal for my globetrotters, but can’t seem to get one. Would get an apron if they were available.

#739 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

You’re lucky. I need at least a decal for my globetrotters, but can’t seem to get one. Would get an apron if they were available.

Best of Pinball makes several Bally apron decals. If this isn’t the one that you are looking for, look at the other options.
https://www.bestofpinball.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=2488

#740 3 years ago

Looking for a Viking apron- anyone know where I can snag one?

#741 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Best of Pinball makes several Bally apron decals. If this isn’t the one that you are looking for, look at the other options.
https://www.bestofpinball.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=2488

Thanks!

#742 3 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Looking for a Viking apron- anyone know where I can snag one?

not available, but skateball is a good surrogate

#743 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

not available, but skateball is a good surrogate

It looks like the exact same pattern as paragon but just standard size. Sad day

1 week later
#745 3 years ago

Just found this thread the other day. Seems like I’ve missed a few chances already. Just bought fathom and centaur from PPS. I’d like to buy a few aprons when available.

Catacomb
Quicksilver (the green apron)
Seawitch
TAF

2 weeks later
#747 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

Hopefully this operation will pick back up this year. It seemed to have good demand, but sometimes life gets in the way.

Quoted from Bud:

Just found this thread the other day. Seems like I’ve missed a few chances already. Just bought fathom and centaur from PPS. I’d like to buy a few aprons when available.
Catacomb
Quicksilver (the green apron)
Seawitch
TAF

I too have missed the boat here.... I am peachy keen for Seawitch and Quicksilver aprons!

1 week later
#748 3 years ago

Anyone holding a Bally Evel Knievel apron decal and shooter please let me know!

#749 3 years ago

Looking for a chrome apron guard bar for a Twilight Zone - please PM if you have one or know where I might be able to find one.

Thanks!

#750 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I'd really love to get a TAF apron. I think he was going to make 2 versions. I'd like to get one of each, if this ever happens.

There are 931 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reproduction-bally-aprons/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.