Reproduction Addams Family Playfields

By ozzyazza

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Does anyone know when IPB will be doing a re-run of the Addams Family playfields ?

#2 10 years ago

likely never.

Sorry but they seem to pretty much be done with making pfs, especially anything you would even consider putting in a game.

#3 10 years ago

I have heard that anything TAF related is a problem due to Raul Julia's estate not allowing anything more bearing his image?
Is this why the farside haven't emulated it on the pinball app?

I mean with over 20'000 cabs made you would think there would be a market for it!

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

I have heard that anything TAF related is a problem due to Raul Julia's estate not allowing anything more bearing his image?

I've heard that too, but if I'm not mistaken, his image isn't on the playfield. That may not matter though, probably depends on how the licensing stuff is written and enforced. But I have no idea, I'm just handwaving.

#5 10 years ago

My understanding is that Gene can still make TAF pfs and unfortunately owns the rights to do so with no interest in actually making it happen. I would have to dig through emails but it is probably 18-20 months now of IPB telling me they are next in line. I contact them every few months with the same broken record response.

Keep in mind that in this time they made a VERY crappy set of CV pfs which they have since sanded down and supposedly re-screened them the 'correct' way. I have not heard if the recent redo of CV turned out any better.

I recently got tired of waiting, found an old TAF pf in decent shape and had it fixed and clear coated to better than new condition. I suggest doing the same if you have any real interest in doing a TAF pf swap in the next year or 2.

With any luck someone else will get the rights and get them to mirco.

#6 10 years ago

Ditto really,

But I'd love to know someone out there would do a playfield for the pin community, Its such a popular game you would think the $$ is there,

and same with farsights emulation, Were on season 3's table packs now and no mention of emulation for the most popular selling pinball of all time?

#7 10 years ago

Why snows correct I contacted IPC 3 months at and got the same response. Ive given up on a new PF. I will just get mine touched up.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My understanding is that Gene can still make TAF pfs and unfortunately owns the rights to do so with no interest in actually making it happen. I would have to dig through emails but it is probably 18-20 months now of IPB telling me they are next in line. I contact them every few months with the same broken record response.
Keep in mind that in this time they made a VERY crappy set of CV pfs which they have since sanded down and supposedly re-screened them the 'correct' way. I have not heard if the recent redo of CV turned out any better.
I recently got tired of waiting, found an old TAF pf in decent shape and had it fixed and clear coated to better than new condition. I suggest doing the same if you have any real interest in doing a TAF pf swap in the next year or 2.
With any luck someone else will get the rights and get them to mirco.

Your partially right on this. Gene does have the rights to make them, at least at this moment. But saying he has no interest in doing it is not right. He would love to run them, the right way, but he dug himself in a financial hole that he just can not do it. Its a proven seller for him that he can recoup his investment on quickly, but since he is in the court bankruptcy system right now, there is no one that would loan him the money to get started. And if i remeber correctly, he can not sell the rights to someone else either, those rights are part of the arbitration of money that he owes to other pinball relate litigations.

#9 10 years ago

I'm willing to bet with 20,000 pins sold, and so many people shopping them, there's likely at least a few with really good scans of it.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Your partially right on this. Gene does have the rights to make them, at least at this moment. But saying he has no interest in doing it is not right. He would love to run them, the right way, but he dug himself in a financial hole that he just can not do it. Its a proven seller for him that he can recoup his investment on quickly, but since he is in the court bankruptcy system right now, there is no one that would loan him the money to get started. And if i remeber correctly, he can not sell the rights to someone else either, those rights are part of the arbitration of money that he owes to other pinball relate litigations.

I am not sure what type of financial issue he has but he could presale 250 without a problem and run 275 (just for errors or shipping blunders)

I am sure there is a pinhead out there who would bankroll the project for half the profit.

#11 10 years ago

Why doesnt he just sell the rights to someone so they can remake them. Seems like a waste to sit on unsused IP.

#12 10 years ago

Gene told me that he will have them next month. May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December... when the hell does Next come? Is it a leap year thing?

#13 10 years ago

If it isn't too bad, I'd just get it touched up and cleared. That's what I did and I would do it again.

#14 10 years ago

After I do my swap I will be selling my pretty nice pf.

I wanted perfect so I am dropping in a better than new original.

2 months later
#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

After I do my swap I will be selling my pretty nice pf.
I wanted perfect so I am dropping in a better than new original.

If that's the case PM me. I need a playfield badly. The one i got is pretty far gone. Let me know what your looking $$$ wise.

1 month later
#16 9 years ago

I am definitely after a new playing field however I worry if I get one I won't be able to actually fit it so have a complete quandary

I am unsure what the best thing to do is. Mine plays ok. But I know its bad if I had a replacement at least I would feel better.

Sides are great. Need a new black glass as that damaged too but. After waiting at least 10 years because I really wanted one I have one that plays great. Just isn't perfect. But I have time.

3 weeks later
#17 9 years ago

I am also really interested in a getting a repro or a NOS playfield for my TAF. Any news about this?

5 months later
#18 9 years ago

I think you have long wait. I'm assuming it may take a bit for that IPD license to get sorted (if ever...).
I would seriously look at having your existing playfield restored. Even if repos would be released, you can most likely get your PF restored cheaper. The restoration work I have seen on Addams PF's is amazing, and is far better PF that a later produced IPD PF (Color accuracy, and clear coating).

For what it's worth...........

#19 9 years ago

That's a shame. Whenever I go and buy a game, I always consider spare part availability into the mix. Hopefully, I can add Addams Family back onto my list of the things I want sometime in the future.

3 weeks later
#20 9 years ago
Quoted from BrianZ:

I think you have long wait. I'm assuming it may take a bit for that IPD license to get sorted (if ever...).
I would seriously look at having your existing playfield restored. Even if repos would be released, you can most likely get your PF restored cheaper. The restoration work I have seen on Addams PF's is amazing, and is far better PF that a later produced IPD PF (Color accuracy, and clear coating).
For what it's worth...........

I have a pretty beaten up TAF pf that I wanted to replace or restore... Since replacing seems unlikely atm, what would be the best places to look at for full restoration? I found "hsapinball" online which show pretty decent work on several other TAF.

#21 9 years ago

Brian (HSA) does outstanding work. Highly recommended.

#22 9 years ago

For what it's worth I have a used TAF playfield listed in the Market place here. It's salvageable and listed on Craigslist for $300.00, and make offer here.

#23 9 years ago

Did anyone else think it was strange that pinball arcade couldn't get Christopher Lloyd's likeness on their digital remake? Of all the actors I didn't think he'd be against that. What does that mean for repo playfields? We need uncle fester near the flippers!

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from BradKreisler:

Did anyone else think it was strange that pinball arcade couldn't get Christopher Lloyd's likeness on their digital remake? Of all the actors I didn't think he'd be against that. What does that mean for repo playfields? We need uncle fester near the flippers!

From the sounds of it, Lloyd (or his agent) wanted an obscene amount of money for the likenesses that appear on the back glass and playfield.

However, since all the licensing was obtained (or in Lloyd's case, obtainable with enough money), a playfield remake *could* potentially happen since licensing issues wouldn't be impossible to overcome.

#25 9 years ago

IPB is just about to ship these but they requested all money transfers go through me so pm me for my paypal addy……$800 gifted. Thanks.

#26 9 years ago

Money sent

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

IPB is just about to ship these but they requested all money transfers go through me so pm me for my paypal addy……$800 gifted. Thanks.

So you have some repro TAF playfields?

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

So you have some repro TAF playfields?

He's being sarcastic, parroting what a paypal scam would/could look like, and mirroring what Gene/IPB would've said if someone asked about when stuff would ship.

#29 9 years ago

IPB (west) has some, I need to dig thru them and figure out what they are - check PPS site and/or PPS forum and/or the "IPB Stuff" thread as we will try to post when we put them up ... there are a few there and a mix I think between original wms samples and IPB re-runs.

rick

#30 9 years ago

Would love to get one for when I restore my Addams family

#32 9 years ago

Gotta ask...on the CPR playfields, are the screw holes etc ready to go? I was seeing a thread on F-14 second sortie and where he was drilling his own holes....honestly, I'd rather not have my drill next to a new playfield.

#33 9 years ago

5 years from now ?

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

5 years from now ?

Within 18 months, according to CPR's new production timetables for playfields.

#36 9 years ago
#37 9 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Within 18 months

We shall see. new TAF by 2016.5.

#38 9 years ago

In here as well.....

1 year later
#39 7 years ago

Im not in but potentially a buyer if someone sells theirs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 1,059.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 1,159.00
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reproduction-addams-family-playfields and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.