• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Freeplay40
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988
#1 6 years ago

the reproduction TAXI ramps that twisted pins produced a few years ago, were they worth buying?

Pete

#3 6 years ago

I just bought a departure ramp from Marco - 117.00 w/tax delivered.

Looks like a perfect match- decals and all.hopefully the plastic holds up better than the originals. My understanding is the newer plastic is a bit thicker and more durable

1 week later
#4 6 years ago

Just installed my New REpro Taxi Departure ramp today... let me tell you something... it is about 4x as heavy at the original! SUper strong , now that its in I doubt I'll every have to worry about cracking it again.

Only one issue.. the bottom edge is a bit thick and a bit too long to properly "seat" in the divot... we had to file down the edge of the plastic a bit and take a piece of sandpaper and carefully widen the divot to allow the ramp to sit flush with the Playfield, then bend the metal attachment down a bit... but after 20 min. of messing with it, the thing looks beautiful.

Worth every penny... just wish they would have tapered the ramp intake to sit perfectly down on the PF, but im not complaining... these repro ramps are made MUCH MUCH stronger.

Thanks Colin!

1 week later
#5 6 years ago

Anyone sell the complete set instead of individually?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

the reproduction TAXI ramps that twisted pins produced a few years ago, were they worth buying?
Pete

I know this is old ish, but WARNING!!!! Do not deal with twisted pins what’s so ever. Unless you love losing money and never hearing back

There should be some repros from others. Be good to have someone post them

#7 6 years ago

Twisted Pins reproduced the spin out ramp. I am sure glad they did because most of the spin out ramps including mine were blown out. The repro they did is awesome!

#8 6 years ago

The spinout I got is a very good repro. I think twisted pins sunk their ship in the attempt to do the whitewater topper.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Do not deal with twisted pins what’s so ever

Their website has been offline for a good while now.

#10 6 years ago

I think PPS carries them now.

#11 6 years ago

Maybe twisted had stock and had them listed on another site? But dealing with him directly is bad news. Guy has stolen thousands of dollars and screwed people out of parts games and money

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Maybe twisted had stock and had them listed on another site? But dealing with him directly is bad news. Guy has stolen thousands of dollars and screwed people out of parts games and money

I was assuming the OP found someone who had the ramp(s) in their stash of parts.

I haven't seen any of the twisted pins products resurface independently anywhere, or Travis Brawley pop up in any of the facebook groups that I'm in. However, it's possible that he went back into cars or car repair.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I was assuming the OP found someone who had the ramp(s) in their stash of parts.
I haven't seen any of the twisted pins products resurface independently anywhere, or Travis Brawley pop up in any of the facebook groups that I'm in. However, it's possible that he went back into cars or car repair.

I have too much info on the matter.....which can be said “offline”, but no one should deal with him, he is still around....twisted pins isn’t.

If there still is stock it’s from the gentleman on here making them or old repros

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from fish1975tx:

Twisted Pins reproduced the spin out ramp. I am sure glad they did because most of the spin out ramps including mine were blown out. The repro they did is awesome!

thank you

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from fish1975tx:

Twisted Pins sold the ramps, but they were actually made by pin-pimp here on Pinside for Twisted Pins. He just recently reproduced the Transporter ramp which is also an injection molded piece.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repro-taxi-ramps?hl=chriswhitey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.