(Topic ID: 34433)

The Shadow: Repro playfield plastics (Now Available at CPR!)

By MnHotRod

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 239 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by gismo31
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20130603_061940.jpg
image.jpg
20130521_151248.jpg
20130521_150118.jpg
upper2.jpg
ShadowAltTranslite.jpg
ts-plstc-prots.jpg
ts-plstc-hotdog.jpg
ts-plstc-plyfld.jpg
Shadow_Key_FOB.jpg
ts-plstc-spkr.jpg
ts-plstc-promo.jpg
ts-plstc-complete.png
There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#199 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

You will probably order the right one when you see how nice the left one looks, it won't come close to matching the quality so I ordered the set.

I agree, get both ramps, the original design with the weldments was bad, they will crack eventually, and when hey do, you run the risk of these being out again indefinitely like before.

#200 10 years ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

And your right them ramps look mint I'd be tempted but mine don't look bad and it's verging on being a money pit already lol

They are all like that, looks like I will have to make do with the old plastics since I don't do paypal and it doesn't look like any of the suppliers are carrying these.

#201 10 years ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

you need 24k gold plating really think brass wears to fast. My wireforms are getting done atm

24K gold is so soft. Brass is way stronger than gold. Gold would be horrible option.

#202 10 years ago

Someone on pinball info has his Tom wireforms done in 24 with no ill effects

#203 10 years ago

I had the hole problem also but I drilled it out no worries. Just make sure you use a punch and let the bit do the work.

I've got my Shadow almost put back together and it looks like new! I was waiting for what seems like forever for these plastics to shop out my Shadow and it was well worth the wait! Thanks Stu and CPR!

#204 10 years ago

Yeah I sorted the hole days ago

#205 10 years ago

Kevin has just replied to my email I resent earlier and he's on the case. Seems I'm the only person to ever have the prob. Funny I allways say if something's going to go wrong it will to me lol

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

You will probably order the right one when you see how nice the left one looks

yeah I was thinking the same thing, so an hour later I added the other one. I thought it would look better if they matched. I figure I can sell the originals to help pay for it. Can't wait, I love that machine

#207 10 years ago

I had the wire form ramps gold plated then I cleared them with clear powder coat. I will do the same with the repros. Holds up very well. I have gold mirror blades as well so once I do the ramps it should look pretty sweet.

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

Someone on pinball info has his Tom wireforms done in 24 with no ill effects

Then they don't play their games, because unless it's buried on clear, there will be ill effects. That gold will be gone in no time. Gold is one of the softest metals around. I would never plate any pinball item in gold that was going to get touched by the ball. It won't last long.

#209 10 years ago

Have any of you that bought a set of these plastics installed them yet? If so how do the match up? How do they look? My Shadow is torn down right now but I started to see if they matched up the same and if there was any problems and I found a couple pieces that were not exact but I'm not sure if they will mount ok. First are the sling plastics, these are smaller, the holes match up but they are smaller. Next is the piece I picture below it is off by at least a quarter of an inch. The holes line up but the plastic itself is different sized. I would like to see the set on someones game to see if there is a problem. Its almost as if the cnc machine that cuts them was a bit off then they fixed it after. There are other pieces that are smaller but I think they may work. Anyway if there's anyone thats installed them let me know. Thanks

20130603_061940.jpg20130603_061940.jpg

#210 10 years ago

Your plastics are different from the NOS ones I scanned. The ones I used I had to peel the protective coatings on most of them. I drew them exactly to what I scanned and we Laser-cut the set from the Cut-Line I create from the original scans. As with most of the manufacturers they used several different vendors for their Plastics, Playfields, and Backglass production runs, so I'm not surprised to see this.....Best bet is to forget about 'comparing' the new set to the 'old' set, just install them & enjoy your game....

#211 10 years ago

ummmm wow, that's pretty off. Can you maybe do this for all of them since you are the only one that seems to be making the switch now.

#212 10 years ago

I've not noticed anything like that tbh

#213 10 years ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

I've not noticed anything like that tbh

Given what Stu noted, maybe you have a set similar to the NOS manufacturer he used. I didn't know this was the case, but I do have two NOS slings for my Road Show that while I'm shopping now noticed both are different, and clearly no repros. Interesting.

#214 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Have any of you that bought a set of these plastics installed them yet? If so how do the match up? How do they look? My Shadow is torn down right now but I started to see if they matched up the same and if there was any problems and I found a couple pieces that were not exact but I'm not sure if they will mount ok. First are the sling plastics, these are smaller, the holes match up but they are smaller. Next is the piece I picture below it is off by at least a quarter of an inch. The holes line up but the plastic itself is different sized. I would like to see the set on someones game to see if there is a problem. Its almost as if the cnc machine that cuts them was a bit off then they fixed it after. There are other pieces that are smaller but I think they may work. Anyway if there's anyone thats installed them let me know. Thanks

I checked mine over and they all seem to match up quite well with whats on my machine. The current ones on my Shadow are from a NOS set I bought last year. I still have the originals I took off and I now realized they to were off a bit from the NOS set from last year. I never bothered checking at the time, I just R and R'd them. The CPR plastics I just got match the originals I took off last year but dont quite match the NOS set I installed last year. I have come to the conclusion this is a non-issue as I couldnt tell the difference either way. Both plastics covered well.

#215 10 years ago

Only thing I noticed was the missing hole I the right side piece but that's easily fixed. Think it's just like stu said they Bally /Williams prob sourced from a diff supplier at some point. Or all fro the same supplier and on a few batches had the calibration wrong on either the cutting patern or cutter. Which would make a size difference like that. Done it myself on plotters I use

#216 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

The clear plastic shown in the photo is not an original WMS part. Isn't it an aftermarket protector?

#217 10 years ago
Quoted from woz:

The clear plastic shown in the photo is not an original WMS part. Isn't it an aftermarket protector?

is it a clear one I just thought hed put the new one ontop the old

#218 10 years ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

is it a clear one I just thought hed put the new one ontop the old

The one on top is not a clear one. Line up the lines.

#219 10 years ago

oops - my mistake, sorry for the confusion

#220 10 years ago
Quoted from woz:

oops - my mistake, sorry for the confusion

#221 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Your plastics are different from the NOS ones I scanned. The ones I used I had to peel the protective coatings on most of them. I drew them exactly to what I scanned and we Laser-cut the set from the Cut-Line I create from the original scans. As with most of the manufacturers they used several different vendors for their Plastics, Playfields, and Backglass production runs, so I'm not surprised to see this.....Best bet is to forget about 'comparing' the new set to the 'old' set, just install them & enjoy your game....

Yeah I wasn't comparing them to complain I was comparing them to make sure they will in fact install ok. If they are off I wasn't sure if they would fall into place and look right. So I'm guessing they should be ok. I have no idea if the set on the machine is a NOS set or previously repro'd ones. Anyway when I get to putting it back together I'll give it a whirl thanks Stu.

#222 10 years ago

Only prob I had wasn't CPR it was like it on the original. The right ramp has metal guards on the optos the left guard fowls the plastic on the old one this caused the plastic to buckle. On refitting I just left the guard off

#223 10 years ago

Only problem I had was the missing hole. Everything else is on there and looking perfect. Stu RULEZ!

#224 10 years ago

They are very good but they smell horrible when they come, pine fresh next time stu? Lol

#225 10 years ago

I'll look into that......LOL

or better yet > Scratch-N-Sniff ?...wait, NO Scratching of New Plastics....I think I have some old socks I can throw into the box next time we ship to you....

Quoted from RudeDogg1:

pine fresh next time stu? Lol

#226 10 years ago

Can't say I noticed any unusual smell with mine but I did find a sock?

#227 10 years ago

so it made there intact....

#228 10 years ago

I'm known for my bloodhound like sense of smell lol

#229 10 years ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

They are very good but they smell horrible when they come, pine fresh next time stu? Lol

I love the smell of laser cut PETG in the morning, smells like victory.

#231 10 years ago

to me, the new Shadow plastics smelled like.... victory.

5 months later
#232 10 years ago

any available left?

3 months later
#234 10 years ago

bought thanks!

2 years later
#237 7 years ago

I thought so!

4 months later
#238 7 years ago

hello, desperalty searching for a new set or at least the 2 big ones on the left below the mini field and the upper right big one. thanks for helping !

2 weeks later
#239 7 years ago

up ! nobody can help me ? please ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repro-playfield-plastics-for-the-shadow-were-close/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.