(Topic ID: 34433)

The Shadow: Repro playfield plastics (Now Available at CPR!)

By MnHotRod

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 239 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by gismo31
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20130603_061940.jpg
image.jpg
20130521_151248.jpg
20130521_150118.jpg
upper2.jpg
ShadowAltTranslite.jpg
ts-plstc-prots.jpg
ts-plstc-hotdog.jpg
ts-plstc-plyfld.jpg
Shadow_Key_FOB.jpg
ts-plstc-spkr.jpg
ts-plstc-promo.jpg
ts-plstc-complete.png
There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 11 years ago

I've spent the last 24 hours doing research on what needs to happen in order for The Shadow playfield plastics to be produced. Once I figured out who might be involved, things started happening with a response from Rick at Planetary, then some emails with Stuart and Mike at CPR. Per Mike and Stu a few hours ago, license issues are wrapped up and they are ready to go. All we need now is artwork. That means NOS plastics need to be sent to Stu so he can create the artwork. Whoever sends the plastics will get their set back when the run completes. In effort to make this happen, I will buy a plastic set for whoever volunteers there NOS plastics to CPR. Before we go there, we need to talk about everything that is needed. I will copy Stu's email below than breakout the details.

--------------------

Steve,

If you have an NOS Set of Shadow Plastics I will do the artwork and have them produced under CPR. The set you would have to provide me with MUST include ALL Plastics, All Clears, any Backboard Plastics, promo Pieces, etc. EVERYTHING must be included, including the Speaker Panel. You would have to send the plastics to me and I would scan them here & do the artwork & when I'm finished I would return ship them back to you.

Stu
CPR Art Director

--------------------

Last time a thread started like this, a lot of people were asking about having other things produced. This thread will focus specifically on a complete plastic set. If you want other parts, please keep them out of this thread.

Now let's talk about what plastics there are. I don't even have a The Shadow right now to break this down, nor do I have good understanding of what "promo plastics" might have been produced. Let's talk about them here and find everything we need to get this done. I'm thinking we will be extremely lucky if one single person has everything CPR needs to move forward. But let's see where this goes. I will edit this thread as we go so it stays current.

Am I missing anything below? Are the quantities correct? Any more promo plastics? Any aftermarket plastics you would like to see in this set? I've heard about a background plastic, anybody have details?

COMPLETE PLASTIC SET:
01) Playfield Plastics (14?)
02) Clears (13?)
03) Background Plastics (?)
04) Promo Pieces (3?)
05) Speaker Panel (1)
06) Protectors (?)

--------------------

PHOTOS:

** Looks like there is an extra part in the playfield plastics photo below. Can someone confirm what the part is in the lower right corner? That is not a plastic correct?

Playfield Plastics with Clears:
ts-plstc-complete.pngts-plstc-complete.png

Promo Plastics (Key Fob):
// Error: Image 61822 not found //

#2 11 years ago

NOT INCLUDED IN CPR PLASTIC SET:

Promo Plastics (Round):
// Error: Image 61785 not found //

Speaker Plastic:
// Error: Image 61786 not found //

#3 11 years ago

That part is the drop target which blocks the sanctum.

I just installed all those plastics yesterday.

#4 11 years ago

Not sure if the key fob(s) were part of the original plastic set.

#5 11 years ago

Looks good!

#6 11 years ago

That drop target isn't really a "plastic" its significantly thicker. I can't say ive seen any that have broken but having them remade i guess couldn't hurt?

#7 11 years ago

I have a wms original sealed set but it is pretty scary sending them off...LOL

#8 11 years ago

SealClubber - Do you have one of those key fobs? Can you take a photo so we can add it to this thread? I don't think it matters if it was part of the original plastic set. If we want it to be part of the set, let's see where it goes.

sepins - You will be sending your plastic set directly to Stu at CPR. Put insurance on your package when it ships and you should be good to go.

#9 11 years ago

Here is the FOB I have. Would be easy to be made with the plastics set.

Shadow_Key_FOB.jpgShadow_Key_FOB.jpg

#10 11 years ago

I hope this works out, and is affordable as well!

#11 11 years ago

if you have space on the plastics sheet. You could always include doubles of the plastic that is right below the mini battlefield that is always broken. Would be nice to have an extra with the set, since most likely the new one will break.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if you have space on the plastics sheet. You could always include doubles of the plastic that is right below the mini battlefield that is always broken. Would be nice to have an extra with the set, since most likely the new one will break.

+1

Great idea.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Yeah, I'd always want an extra slingshot or something over the speaker cutout or keyfob.

#14 11 years ago

Would the plastic below the mini playfield benefit from a clear protector? And should clear protectors be a part of this set? They appear to be readily available, but no idea if they include the plastic Neo references.

#15 11 years ago

no, those clear ones are for keeping the ball from getting stuck in various areas of the playfield. They should just stamp out a protector for the top of it. THat would work just the same, if they didn't want to print it.

#16 11 years ago

Somebody is selling clear protectors. Saw it yesterday during my research. If CPR can include protectors in the set without much additional cost, that would be nice.

#17 11 years ago

PinballDecals sells the plastics protectors I was talking about. Do you see a protector in there for below the mini playfield? I don't have a machine in front of me at the moment.

http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/Shadow_Page.html

#18 11 years ago

This is great news, if priced reasonably I'm in for a set!

#19 11 years ago

If CPR does the plastics, don't expect them ready anytime soon. It seems reproduction parts there takes some time. I bought a full set last year from a fellow pinsider for 350. Worth every penny!

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

I have a wms original sealed set but it is pretty scary sending them off...LOL

Get them sent off man you can help us all and save the world!!!!!

#21 11 years ago

I am sending my Shadow plastics to CPR to have them remade. Will still be several months for them to recreate the artwork.
The Pinballdecals plastic protectors do not include a protector for that big plastic under the battlefield or the little banana shaped one between the inner orbit and the VUK which was destroyed on mine.

#22 11 years ago

Thanks for the update Seal. I'll work with Stu to see if he can create protectors for the plastics you identify above.

#23 11 years ago

Does anyone care about the round promo plastics pictured above? Personally, I could care less if they were offered in this set. If others want them included, let me know as Seal does not have them in the set he is sending to CPR.

#24 11 years ago

Playfield plastics are enough for me! Any extras such as protectors and promo pieces would be cool, but really just psyched on the plastic set!

#25 11 years ago

I am definitely in for a set (or two) of these plastics.

I would be surprised if anyone cared about the round promo plastics. Even if someone wants these promo plastics, they are usually not too difficult to find.

Thanks for getting this much needed project moving.

#26 11 years ago

From Seals description above, it looks like we do not have protectors readily available for the following two plastics. I have included a photo of the protectors available from PinballDecals for reference as I do not see these pieces included there.

Below Mini Playfield (Protector Requested):
ts-plstc-plyfld.jpgts-plstc-plyfld.jpg

Between Inner Orbit & VUK (Protector Requested)
ts-plstc-hotdog.jpgts-plstc-hotdog.jpg

PinballDecals Protector Set:
ts-plstc-prots.jpgts-plstc-prots.jpg

#27 11 years ago

I'd be in for a set as long as they are reasonably priced.

#28 11 years ago

All of CPR's Repro Plastics sets are reasonably priced

#29 11 years ago

Glad You got this done!

Couldn't send off my originals as I didn't want to open the sealed bag Wms. shipped them in.

#30 11 years ago

I will pick up two sets.

Also - don't care about the promo piece.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Glad You got this done!
Couldn't send off my originals as I didn't want to open the sealed bag Wms. shipped them in.

what's the point of owning parts you'll never use?

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

what's the point of owning parts you'll never use?

I own a cc'd Shadow that is loaned to a good friend and want to keep NOS plastics intact in case I ever need them.

What if they got damaged in transit to CPR??? Will I ever be able to replace them with a NOS set?

I have NOS sets for most of my games.

#33 11 years ago

The thing to consider is CPR will have to remove the protective coating to do the scan. So if you aren't going to use them right away... I don't blame Sepins for not wanting to send his in. Luckily I will be putting mine right back in the machine.

#34 11 years ago

Just got my Shadow home and setup. I can't find where the hotdog shaped plastic goes. This machine is going to be a nice example with new plastics. Can't wait to see them finished.

I'm in for two repro sets from CPR. I'm also in for a complete set of protectors from Pinbits if Stu decides to skip the protectors with the CPR set.

Thanks out to Stuart Wright, Mike Purcell, Rick Bartlett and SealClubber for making this happen.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

That area with the ball dropping there is one of the dumbest designs I can think of. That area is going to get beat.

#36 11 years ago

I'm in for a set as well.

#37 11 years ago

I have a pretty decent Shadow speaker panel plastic that can be used by CPR if necessary. It's not NOS but good enough to scan and redraw.

BTW are the plastics that are going to be used by CPR to repro Bally/WMS originals or repros from the batch that was done several years ago by Vic Ireland?

Woz

#38 11 years ago

They were sold to me as NOS. I just shipped them to Stu so the ball is now in CPR's hands. Hopefully these won't take as long as some others as the artwork doesn't look too crazy detailed.
Stu said he didn't want to do the speaker panel because the 4 faces would require extra licensing.

#39 11 years ago

Could he make a different speaker panel? Because the one that's there now could be the lamest speaker panel ever made.

#40 11 years ago

No we can't change the artwork on the Speaker Panel, that would be in violation of the Licensing.

Stu

Quoted from bowz:

Could he make a different speaker panel?

#41 11 years ago

I am definately in for a set (maybe 2).
Thank you for getting this done. Can't wait!!!!

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

No we can't change the artwork on the Speaker Panel, that would be in violation of the Licensing.
Stu

How come that licensing doesn't apply to translites?

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

How come that licensing doesn't apply to translites?

It does, the alternates you see for sale are not licensed.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

They were sold to me as NOS. I just shipped them to Stu so the ball is now in CPR's hands. Hopefully these won't take as long as some others as the artwork doesn't look too crazy detailed.
Stu said he didn't want to do the speaker panel because the 4 faces would require extra licensing.

Hey Seal just wanted to thank you for offering up your set to get these done. It should help many out there with their shadows, I know it's definitely helping me.

1 week later
#45 11 years ago

Been hoping someone would do this for awhile now. Please keep us updated and THANK YOU!!

#46 11 years ago

I'm in for a set as well.

#47 11 years ago

I am in for a set.

Big props to Sealclubber!

#48 11 years ago

I'm ready too! Thanks for helping to make this happen Sealclubber! You have helped a TON of people out!

#49 11 years ago

My pleasure. I just don't think people should have to pay $350 for a freakin set of plastics for a 90s game. When I get them back I am going to see if Pinbits will make a FULL set of protectors.

#50 11 years ago

CPR shadow playfield would be pretty bad ass, love to see that happen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 37.50
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repro-playfield-plastics-for-the-shadow-were-close and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.