8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by wizzardz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2536_(Large).JPG
    IMG_2534_(Large).JPG
    IMG_2533_(Large).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizzardz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I bought a new set of plastics for the bad wizard!, and was a bit disappointed with the results. So I'm just wondering what experience others have had with repro plastics.

My first problem is with the coloring. Note the original has an orange color throughout the design that seems to have simply been substituted with red in the repro.

The other issue is with the stand-offs. It seems none of the new plastics come with the metal stand-offs. While substituting with posts might seem the easy approach, the Wizard actually has a stacked set of narrow plastics along the left lane. Substituting posts for the stand-offs would interfere with the lane as the posts are wider than the stand-offs.

Replacing the stand-offs from the old plastics to the new are a bit difficult as the stand-offs appear melted into the original plastics.

Have others seen plastics that differ so much in coloring? What have others done with the stand-offs? Any tips and/or tricks would be appreciated.

IMG_2533_(Large).JPG IMG_2534_(Large).JPG IMG_2536_(Large).JPG

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I wish sellers would at least state they were reproductions.

These were labeled as repro, and even have the Bally official licensed product hologram on the bag (a repro as well?). I'm sure only a limited number of shops make these things...it just disappointing to see such liberties taken with design and color.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Where did you buy your set? I'm restoring a Wizard! and while all my plastics are in tact, they are yellowed and I was contemplating getting a repop. But if that's the result in color match I'll stay with what I got

I got them from Marco, but I beleive they are simply resellers for CPR. Those I've seen at all the usual places use the same pictures that show the lack of orange, and have all the extra bits. I suspect if you find a set minus the the extra bits and shows orange, it may be used/NOS or a different repro - but I haven't seen another.

I emailed CPR about it and they offered this reply. Ultimately I'm not sure I've ever seen an original set minus the orange.

----------------------------------------

"There were a few post-debates (after the run was done) about the orange being present or not. No, we did not have an orange layer. The artist did the artwork as he saw the pieces donated by one of the higher-profile pinball guys in the hobby. They was no orange on them, and looked exactly like we present on the reproductions. No going back now, but we see the orange on other original sets as pointed out in pictures and such. We all went back and analyzed the original scans, and there was no orange. So looks like there were different sets out there. Would have done orange if it was presented to us that way, but we print what the artists give us, after they spend 100-200 hours redrawing these sets. They never tend to miss anything, and in this case the artist didn't (based on what he was given to match).

If you must have orange, then nothing much we can do to help you, unfortunately. But over half (100+ of 200 sets) have sold since release, so far."

----------------------------------------------

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 115.00
    Boards
    AMCO
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 10,999.00
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 99.00
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 259.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 445.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    ScottyMods
    $ 29.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizzardz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside