You

Linked Games

• Nags Williams, 1951

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Nags Game.jpg
Nags.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Have a line on a restorable NAGS; caps are pretty crispy; did not see them on the PBR site; anyone know if they have been repro'd/available?

thanks!

Don O

#2 9 years ago

I don't believe they've been repro'd.

Might be able to get white blank ones and use waterslide decals to make one-offs though. Each cap is a different color ink (along with the number 1-6).

#3 9 years ago

Also, be aware that the repro Nags playfield plastics probably aren't available to purchase any more from the fine folks in Australia, and it was my understanding that Shay is out of the backglass.

#4 9 years ago

Wow, that sucks, that sucks, and that sucks!

Thanks for the replies though... much appreciated.

Don

#5 9 years ago

Boy that would be awesome if the caps were repro'd. I had 4 broken caps when I purchased the pin, found 3 of them for replacement - embarrassed to say how much I paid for them.

I've thought about trying to find something to apply on the bottom of the cap to strengthen it to withstand more punishment, but not change the offwhite color of the cap. haven't done any poking around on this as of yet.

#6 9 years ago

Yeah, I can tell this would be a brutal job to get done right... sucks that there are still very collectible pins out there that don't have repro caps available... however I do understand the reasons why. Michael, I do hope you find that elusive 4th cap.

Don O

#7 9 years ago

Probably worth confirming with Shay on the b/g, and there's always bgresto as an option there. When I got my Nags glass from Shay last year, he had said it was the last one he had.

There are only four playfield plastics, and not complex shapes, so one-off repros would be possible, just wouldn't be silk-screened. The reason they're not available for purchase is because of the licensing fall-out, not stock.

It's a title still worth the effort if the base game is decent and can be had for under $2K or so (to leave some room for the above parts costs). Restored, they've sold for a lot more.

#8 9 years ago

did you try mailing them? Jimmy and Steve have some stuff not on the PBR site

#9 9 years ago

Thanks guys...good info for sure. I did get a negative response from Steve about the caps...so given the game is an overall 7 or so, 8.5 playfield- spinning area probably about a 6.5, cabinet needs repaint... plastics ok but not great, caps crispy... seller is looking at 500$... would you bight?

Don

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Thanks guys...good info for sure. I did get a negative response from Steve about the caps...so given the game is an overall 7 or so, 8.5 playfield- spinning area probably about a 6.5, cabinet needs repaint... plastics ok but not great, caps crispy... seller is looking at 500$... would you bight?
Don

$500 for a complete, restorable Nags is a bargain.

#11 9 years ago

Umm.....no thats way over priced, btw where is it ??

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

1 week later
#12 9 years ago

That seems like a good price.

I've always been a little envious reading of the great bargain finds others have had. Nags was my one lucky encounter:

I had never seen a Nags in person, but looking at books and online, my daughter always commented that she liked it a lot.

One day on Craigslist, saw an ad for "2 Pinball Machines - $500" and a fuzzy picture of a Nags and Williams Clubhouse. I almost feinted! There was no phone number so I sent a quick e-mail and prayed.... A nice lady called back in about 15 minutes and said I was the first one to call but that it must be a popular game because a lot of other people left messages after mine. 20 minutes later I was at their house and bought both machines.

I sold the Clubhouse for $200 (it had some major hacks on it). The Nags needed new plastics (Pinball Rescue), a nicer back glass (Shay) and the platter motor/gearbox rebuilt (PBR). I typically rebuild all the pop bumpers but since the caps have not been repro'd and I didn't want white bases with cream caps, I still have the original caps. They are actually OK and at least they were not broken/missing.

A fun game to play - a lot of luck and nudging involved - it's a favorite at parties! If someone ever does redo the caps, I'm in!

Nags Game.jpgNags Game.jpg
Nags.jpgNags.jpg

#13 9 years ago

Hi Heatwave... nice game!

I like your treatment of the lighting under those caps... are those "warm" LEDs, or colored condoms?

don o

#14 9 years ago

Ha! - Warm LED's. I'm not usually an LED guy on my games but I thought it worked well with the colored horse selection. When the game is in play, only 1 bumper is ever lit at a time so this ends up being more of an "attract mode" feature.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

If someone ever does redo the caps, I'm in!

X2, I'll take a set.

1 week later
#16 9 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

Ha! - Warm LED's. I'm not usually an LED guy on my games but I thought it worked well with the colored horse selection. When the game is in play, only 1 bumper is ever lit at a time so this ends up being more of an "attract mode" feature.

LEDs can look cool depending on where you use them... I think your use of LEDs in this case looks fantastic!!!

#17 9 years ago

That thing is beautiful.Now I will have to add it to my "Keep A Watch Out For" games list...Not that I need any more pinball machines.See what you have done???

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repro-experts-are-wms-nags-caps-available-anywhere and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.