(Topic ID: 267091)

Repro El Dorado top arch track. They’re sold out!

By jasonspoint28

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 157 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by relight
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

99B565E9-7870-4E23-9845-097A6B3A31EF (resized).jpeg
8CDB7CCD-558E-43E9-9E13-3394FCDF2B2C (resized).jpeg
8FF13DC9-DACD-42F2-BD6F-728C71FCC0F6 (resized).jpeg
1EA23847-9964-4D72-A43D-A1055036CCA9 (resized).jpeg
20200528_162823 (resized).jpg
IMG_2192 (resized).JPG
IMG_2199 (resized).JPG
IMG_2198 (resized).JPG
IMG_2200 (resized).JPG
IMG_2197 (resized).JPG
post sander (resized).jpg
sanding drum set (resized).jpg
IMG_2192 (resized).JPG
IMG_2191 (resized).JPG
20200130_105643 (resized).jpg
EFF782C2-DE38-4F4D-B9F8-B90FCAFBA77C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gsones.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago

Mine is a little bit beat up so for a decent price I'd be in for one.

#12 4 years ago

I took you hand sketch and recreated it using AutoCAD. A few of your dimensions didn't quite add up so I tried to interpret (re-interpret) them the best I could. This pdf version, if printed on a 8 1/2 x 11 page should be full size but that's why I have the 1" witness lines to check against. If this looks good, I can provide you with a file format (iges, dxf, AutoCAD) that the fabricators can use to program their CNC cutting equipment with.

El_Dorado_Ball_arch.pdfEl_Dorado_Ball_arch.pdf
#14 4 years ago

Shoot me a PM and I'll send you the dxf version. I'm stuck working from home right now so it was a fun diversion to create it.

#18 4 years ago

The 304 stainless should be adequate for a home use application. It is not quite as strong as some standard carbon steels but those would be susceptible to rusting if not plated. Ideally, you should use polished 304 material (even if it is slightly more expensive) to avoid having to polish each part by hand or live with the dull, natural finish.

#31 4 years ago

I'll buff it if I have to. No big deal. If it is only a few bucks difference, I'd opt for the pre-polished.

BTW, up my order to 2 units instead of one.

#49 3 years ago

I'd be up for the #2 finish. I can deburr and polish as needed.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonspoint28:

You’re welcome. The total is up to 24 arches requested. I’m looking at ordering 30 for now, unless a bunch more roll in.
I’ve always been on the buying end of parts orders so far. What is the best way for me to get the parts out to you guys and collect the money for it? I usually pay with PayPal.

I'd imagine that PayPal would be the easiest method.

1 week later
#73 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonspoint28:

Oh boy, I got the sample today! It is cut from 20 gauge steel, but the real deals will be 18 gauge 304 with #2 finish of course.
It looks really good to me, GSones did a wonderful job with the CAD drawing. I took some comparative measurements, and the sample is about 0.003” to 0.006” smaller than the original. I can’t tell the difference with the naked eye, but the micrometer says it’s a hair smaller. I can run this by the fab shop if you guys think it’s worth the trouble.
[quoted image][quoted image]

If needed I can easily adjust my CAD model to enlarge or modify it. Is the first picture the new one overlaid over the original? If that's the case, it looks like the right edge is the only side that needs to grow. Not sure if it's an optical illusion though. May be splitting hairs on this as this is the side that goes into the side rail anyway.

1 week later
#96 3 years ago

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Thanks jasonspoint28 for running this to ground!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, CO
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Venice, FL
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gsones.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repro-el-dorado-top-arch-track-who-wants-one?tu=gsones and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.