(Topic ID: 267091)

Repro El Dorado top arch track. They’re sold out!

By jasonspoint28

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 157 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by relight
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

99B565E9-7870-4E23-9845-097A6B3A31EF (resized).jpeg
8CDB7CCD-558E-43E9-9E13-3394FCDF2B2C (resized).jpeg
8FF13DC9-DACD-42F2-BD6F-728C71FCC0F6 (resized).jpeg
1EA23847-9964-4D72-A43D-A1055036CCA9 (resized).jpeg
20200528_162823 (resized).jpg
IMG_2192 (resized).JPG
IMG_2199 (resized).JPG
IMG_2198 (resized).JPG
IMG_2200 (resized).JPG
IMG_2197 (resized).JPG
post sander (resized).jpg
sanding drum set (resized).jpg
IMG_2192 (resized).JPG
IMG_2191 (resized).JPG
20200130_105643 (resized).jpg
EFF782C2-DE38-4F4D-B9F8-B90FCAFBA77C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 4 years ago

I'd be in for 2.

304SS is OK for me. Please confirm the final gauge matches the gauge of the original.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from jasonspoint28:

My piece has a thickness is 0.050”, which corresponds with 18 gauge. Thanks for all the responses, such great info. I’ll take the original to the water jetting place and see if he can match it.

Working with fabricators regularly, I have two comments.
1. If they are going to copy the original, be sure they don't copy the dents.
2. I suggest you have them do a sample of the design they plan to produce and test fit it in your game and compare to the original for accuracy before releasing the full run.

#28 4 years ago

What is the price differential for the #8 finish. If not that much more that would be the easiest and closest to original.

If notably expensive I would be OK to live with the 2B which is the most common you will find with stainless plate/gauge material.

#52 3 years ago

2B finish is fine with me.

1 week later
#69 3 years ago

6 thousandths is hardly measurable. And depending on where that slight shortage exists, it could be inconsequential.

The clean cut is what is most impressive to me. There looks to be no need for any finishing before you ship them out to us.

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

If needed I can easily adjust my CAD model to enlarge or modify it. Is the first picture the new one overlaid over the original? If that's the case, it looks like the right edge is the only side that needs to grow. Not sure if it's an optical illusion though. May be splitting hairs on this as this is the side that goes into the side rail anyway.

If the cut edge is rough and will need sanding to smooth it we should consider having the radius on the curve reduced so it ends up on the same radius. Maybe reduce the radius 10 mils.

1 week later
#95 3 years ago

looking forward to two of them.

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

any defects should be dealt with by the buyer. this way no one will blame you. they know what they are buying.

I'm with Dave on this one. Spread the load and let us sand ourselves.

In my experience hand sanding a single unit is effective in cleaning up a rough edge. This would be a low stress approach that leaves little opportunity to over treat it.

2 years later
#154 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipS:

Thanks for posting. Since they're not much better than the one I have, I'll leave these for someone else who has a greater need.

You do realize he made these out of stainless steel. With some sanding and polishing they will never dull.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Venice, FL
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repro-el-dorado-top-arch-track-who-wants-one?tu=MikeO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.