(Topic ID: 267091)

Repro El Dorado top arch track. They’re sold out!

By jasonspoint28

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 157 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by relight
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

99B565E9-7870-4E23-9845-097A6B3A31EF (resized).jpeg
8CDB7CCD-558E-43E9-9E13-3394FCDF2B2C (resized).jpeg
8FF13DC9-DACD-42F2-BD6F-728C71FCC0F6 (resized).jpeg
1EA23847-9964-4D72-A43D-A1055036CCA9 (resized).jpeg
20200528_162823 (resized).jpg
IMG_2192 (resized).JPG
IMG_2199 (resized).JPG
IMG_2198 (resized).JPG
IMG_2200 (resized).JPG
IMG_2197 (resized).JPG
post sander (resized).jpg
sanding drum set (resized).jpg
IMG_2192 (resized).JPG
IMG_2191 (resized).JPG
20200130_105643 (resized).jpg
EFF782C2-DE38-4F4D-B9F8-B90FCAFBA77C (resized).jpeg
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

I'd be up for the #2 finish. I can deburr and polish as needed.

Quoted from Pinballer73:

I agree and assume those that can work on a pinball machine can polish a piece of metal, or know someone who can. Don't make this order a chore for yourself.

Thanks guys. The fab shop is cutting a sample for me (out of whatever metal is handy) and I’ll soon see how good our drawing is.

#52 3 years ago

2B finish is fine with me.

#53 3 years ago

I’ll take one.

Thanks for all the effort on this.

Alex

#54 3 years ago

I’ll take two of 2b finish. Thanks.

#55 3 years ago

You’re welcome. The total is up to 24 arches requested. I’m looking at ordering 30 for now, unless a bunch more roll in.

I’ve always been on the buying end of parts orders so far. What is the best way for me to get the parts out to you guys and collect the money for it? I usually pay with PayPal.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonspoint28:

You’re welcome. The total is up to 24 arches requested. I’m looking at ordering 30 for now, unless a bunch more roll in.
I’ve always been on the buying end of parts orders so far. What is the best way for me to get the parts out to you guys and collect the money for it? I usually pay with PayPal.

I'd imagine that PayPal would be the easiest method.

#57 3 years ago

I would like one as well.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

I would like one as well.

You betcha.

The fabricator is still preparing to cut me a sample piece from scrap metal which I expect to receive Tuesday. If everything looks good, we might get the lot of them cut as early as the end of next week, but probably the following week is more likely.

#59 3 years ago

you should edit the 1st post you made and put all the names and the number they want just so everyone knows they are on the list and you can keep track. just a suggestion

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

you should edit the 1st post you made and put all the names and the number they want just so everyone knows they are on the list and you can keep track. just a suggestion

Can do. Good idea.

#61 3 years ago

I don’t remember if I clarified yet, but I’ll be going with the #2 matte finish instead of the polished. Polished just doesn’t seem feasible for water jetting. If that’s a deal breaker for anyone, let me know.

#62 3 years ago

i would like one too please

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

i would like one too please

Cool.
I’ll add you to the list.

#64 3 years ago

I would like one also. Let me know payment method. THANKS

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from Bee-barf:

I would like one also. Let me know payment method. THANKS

You got it! I’ll send out payment info once I start production and get a solid price.

#66 3 years ago

I just picked up a mint Gold Strike yesterday and it has the original plastic arch . I would like to update this to your metal one and I can polish it myself .
Thanks for doing this project!!!

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from firefighter:

I just picked up a mint Gold Strike yesterday and it has the original plastic arch . I would like to update this to your metal one and I can polish it myself .

A mint Gold Strike? Nice!! You are on the list, sir.

#68 3 years ago

Oh boy, I got the sample today! It is cut from 20 gauge steel, but the real deals will be 18 gauge 304 with #2 finish of course.

It looks really good to me, GSones did a wonderful job with the CAD drawing. I took some comparative measurements, and the sample is about 0.003” to 0.006” smaller than the original. I can’t tell the difference with the naked eye, but the micrometer says it’s a hair smaller. I can run this by the fab shop if you guys think it’s worth the trouble.

1ADAC7C7-1A96-4D42-9A78-43627444226E (resized).jpeg1ADAC7C7-1A96-4D42-9A78-43627444226E (resized).jpeg64D36B43-4152-4080-ADCD-48BC23B9CD24 (resized).jpeg64D36B43-4152-4080-ADCD-48BC23B9CD24 (resized).jpeg
#69 3 years ago

6 thousandths is hardly measurable. And depending on where that slight shortage exists, it could be inconsequential.

The clean cut is what is most impressive to me. There looks to be no need for any finishing before you ship them out to us.

#70 3 years ago

Here’s some pics of the arch edge. Not bad, but might need a little smoothing.

7182D90A-B51D-4AC0-BAF9-549200718314 (resized).jpeg7182D90A-B51D-4AC0-BAF9-549200718314 (resized).jpeg82683F5C-3139-48B0-AF47-F7F5A052A65B (resized).jpeg82683F5C-3139-48B0-AF47-F7F5A052A65B (resized).jpegA84EE3CB-ABE6-4ABA-B9BA-DF1B018F1888 (resized).jpegA84EE3CB-ABE6-4ABA-B9BA-DF1B018F1888 (resized).jpeg
#71 3 years ago
Quoted from firefighter:

Original arch should not be plastic.
They were metal to begin with, but time, got beat up and peened. That's the reason for this repro part.

#72 3 years ago

I'd love to buy 2 from you, if you have any more. Just let me know how to pay you.

#73 3 years ago

Oh boy, I got the sample today! It is cut from 20 gauge steel, but the real deals will be 18 gauge 304 with #2 finish of course.
It looks really good to me, GSones did a wonderful job with the CAD drawing. I took some comparative measurements, and the sample is about 0.003” to 0.006” smaller than the original. I can’t tell the difference with the naked eye, but the micrometer says it’s a hair smaller. I can run this by the fab shop if you guys think it’s worth the trouble.
[quoted image][quoted image]

If needed I can easily adjust my CAD model to enlarge or modify it. Is the first picture the new one overlaid over the original? If that's the case, it looks like the right edge is the only side that needs to grow. Not sure if it's an optical illusion though. May be splitting hairs on this as this is the side that goes into the side rail anyway.

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

If needed I can easily adjust my CAD model to enlarge or modify it. Is the first picture the new one overlaid over the original? If that's the case, it looks like the right edge is the only side that needs to grow. Not sure if it's an optical illusion though. May be splitting hairs on this as this is the side that goes into the side rail anyway.

If the cut edge is rough and will need sanding to smooth it we should consider having the radius on the curve reduced so it ends up on the same radius. Maybe reduce the radius 10 mils.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

The first pic is just the sample part, nothing underneath.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from paulace:

I'd love to buy 2 from you, if you have any more. Just let me know how to pay you.

No problem.

I think I’m at the point where it would be more cost effective to order 50 parts, so no worries on running out quite yet.

I’ll send out payment info once production starts and I get a more solid number on pricing.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

If the cut edge is rough and will need sanding to smooth it we should consider having the radius on the curve reduced so it ends up on the same radius. Maybe reduce the radius 10 mils.

I can sand the sample smooth and see where we are at.

#78 3 years ago

I took a dremel tool with a flap disk to the curve and then did some wet sanding, came out pretty good. Got some new measurements and sent them back to GSones.

41F30378-3246-440C-8382-344DC7E343E6 (resized).jpeg41F30378-3246-440C-8382-344DC7E343E6 (resized).jpegF1FDCE4A-6FE2-4199-801B-EE9B4F9CB8BF (resized).jpegF1FDCE4A-6FE2-4199-801B-EE9B4F9CB8BF (resized).jpeg
#79 3 years ago

I am kind of new in the Em part of this hobby so forgive me for my ignorance. What is this piece for?

Is it a common part of a machine that is broken? I just picked up and El Dorado and was wondering if it's a part I should have for an extra?

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

I am kind of new in the Em part of this hobby so forgive me for my ignorance. What is this piece for?
Is it a common part of a machine that is broken? I just picked up and El Dorado and was wondering if it's a part I should have for an extra?

Honestly, I’m rather new to the hobby also, so no worries.

This part is what the ball rides on at the top of the plunger lane, and directs the ball into the playfield.

It seems like a part that gets deformed in games that get played a lot.

EFF782C2-DE38-4F4D-B9F8-B90FCAFBA77C (resized).jpegEFF782C2-DE38-4F4D-B9F8-B90FCAFBA77C (resized).jpeg

#81 3 years ago

Honestly, I’m rather new to the hobby also, so no worries.
This part is what the ball rides on at the top of the plunger lane, and directs the ball into the playfield.
It seems like a part that gets deformed in games that get played a lot.
[quoted image]

Ohhhh ok... interesting. I'll check mine out & let you know if it needs 1.

Thanks for your efforts in making these up.

#82 3 years ago

Update: I’ve been working with GSones to get a drawing with dimensions as close to the original as I can get. The water jetting shop will be cutting me a second sample-hopefully this week. I can send out PM’s to all interested parties when we are closer to a finished product.

#83 3 years ago

With much help from GSones and his computer wizardry, I am ready to get the parts cut at the water jet fabricator.

Material will be 18 awg 304 stainless with a #2 matte finish.

The edges are fairly smooth, but should be finish sanded, otherwise ball damage may occur.

I have no experience polishing stainless steel, but I am told that it should be possible for purchasers to buff their parts to a mirror finish if desired.

#84 3 years ago

With much help from GSones and his computer wizardry, I am ready to get the parts cut at the water jet fabricator.
Material will be 18 awg 304 stainless with a #2 matte finish.
The edges are fairly smooth, but should be finish sanded, otherwise ball damage may occur.
I have no experience polishing stainless steel, but I am told that it should be possible for purchasers to buff their parts to a mirror finish if desired.

Works for me

#85 3 years ago

I'm definitely in for 2....sounds good!

#86 3 years ago

This has been a cool thread to follow. I don’t even own this game and I’m happy about it.

#87 3 years ago

im in. Please let me know when and how much money to give you.

#88 3 years ago

what is the final cost per piece

#89 3 years ago

I'd be in for 2 of these.

#90 3 years ago

I need to find the time to do some shipping shopping. Any suggestions on who would be the best? I normally just go with USPS, but I’m open to suggestions.

#91 3 years ago

I ordered 50 of these suckers, so price per piece was only about $5. I have to add in the cost for packaging and shipping yet, so that might give you a general idea of what the final cost might be.

#92 3 years ago

I ordered 50 of these suckers, so price per piece was only about $5. I have to add in the cost for packaging and shipping yet, so that might give you a general idea of what the final cost might be.

i will take 2 to offset the shipping cost

these should fit in a small padded envelope, my guess you could get 3 or 4 in one. walmart might have what you need and USPS would be likely the cheapest

#93 3 years ago

I hadn’t thought about combined shipping yet, thanks for the heads up.

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

This has been a cool thread to follow. I don’t even own this game and I’m happy about it.

When I got the quote from the fabricator, I laughed to see he included pricing all the way up to 50 pieces. I was hoping for 10. It’s been a fun and educational journey. Thanks to everyone who helped along the way.

#95 3 years ago

looking forward to two of them.

#96 3 years ago

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Thanks jasonspoint28 for running this to ground!

#97 3 years ago

Still in for 2. I agree that padded envelope is probably the best way to go

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from Phillips88:

Still in for 2. I agree that padded envelope is probably the best way to go

Sounds good.

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I’m looking for wade Krause Eldorado playfield, Hes going to run it soon
Let me know

I'm on the list for a playfield also, any word how close he is to running these?

#100 3 years ago

I'm still in for 2! Thank you for doing this!
Jim

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repro-el-dorado-top-arch-track-who-wants-one/page/2?hl=phillips88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.