Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by KeithinMI
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I bought a couple of repro cannon covers (with domes) for the STTNG. The right side fits without issue, using either cannon (I actually have 3 of the repro cannons and they all fit on the right side).

However the left side will not fit down over the assembly. I will post a picture later, because I don't see anything wrong with the assembly but If i put the cover down over the rear of the assembly (so the rear two screw holes line up), I can not put the two "arms" in front over the front-end of the bracket (the part of the front bracket that not only captures the ball but holds the optos on the left and right side).

It is not the optos binding the cover, it is the front portion that comes to a point. (I'm guessing a picture would help here but the STTNG is currently 15 miles from me and I am sans a picture on my phone of it). The point rubs on the inside of the cover and you can't get it lower.

(I actually broke a cannon cover trying to "flex" it to fit.

I am sure these cannon covers are to "spec" as far as size as they fit the starboard cannon.

I don't there's a way to "adjust" that bracket. I looked and the only bolts are the ones holding that assembly to the lower one and the bolts holding the cannon firing coil to the plate.

Anyone have any suggestions or have a similar problem there?

#2 9 years ago

Just replaced mine and I had no issues. Unfortunately I have no suggestions for you either

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

I am sure these cannon covers are to "spec" as far as size as they fit the starboard cannon.

If they are fitting on your right side cannon without an issue then I would say the problem lies with your left cannon rather than the cover itself. I have installed the domed ones on my game as well and did not have any issues.
I think posting an image would be a good idea.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4 9 years ago

Dumb question, is your coil backwards? If the lugs are towards the front the cannon cover doesn't fit.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Dumb question, is your coil backwards? If the lugs are towards the front the cannon cover doesn't fit.

Good question which I will verify when I get home, but I don't think so since the original cannon cover fit over it just fine.

#6 9 years ago

Ok, so here's how I finally made it work:

1. Verified coils were on properly.
2. Verified optos were attached with correct hardware.

Still couldn't get the cannon to fit the port-side assembly, so I wound up switching the cover mounted on the starboard side. Even that one didn't fit well but I finnegled it over the assembly. I wound up having to enlarge the front screw-holes to get everything flush.

The other covers then wouldn't fit the right side -- Being the BBT Sheldon genius that I am, I took the cover and let it sit in some very warm water for about 10 minutes. That softened the plastic *just* enough to be able to move the cover over the assembly but I still had to enlarge the forward holes to fit as well. Not quite sure why the repro domed covers don't fit well -- I compared them to the original covers and as far as I can tell without a micrometer, they sure look to be the same size.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 9.95
$ 26.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repro-cannons-right-side-fits-left-side-not-so-much and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.