Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2499.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballocks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 10 years ago

Reprints do not diminish the price of an original.
    Like any other collectable hobby, speculators always pee in the pool. The comic market is flooded right now, nothing more. Condition IS everything. Key issues will always demand more $$$$. I sold 3 Superman comics, vintage 1956, 7 yrs ago to buy my 200K home. (Should have kept the books, they have gone up, unlike the house.) I own 2 copies of Hulk 181, Wolverines 1st appearance, one is slabbed @ 9.8 & the other raw @ 9.4. A price of 8K for the later would be like selling me your NIB BBB for a C-note. FYI a graded CGC (slabbed) Hulk 181 in 9.9 sold for 100K, 6 months ago.
    The sky is not falling.

#73 10 years ago

I agree that the market has changed considerably. Not only the buyers & sellers but the genre as a whole. I know many shop owners, artists, & authors. I have been working the Con trail for a game mfg for more than 10 yrs. Speculators have done a lot of damage & kids don't read anymore. Pressing a book to attempt to increase it's value is taboo. Not that it isn't done daily. Can you do that with a Pin? Dealers have become much more cut-throat as more crap gets pumped out that they are forced to buy. But I don't see pin dealers getting a one per store variant, cover price $2.99 and selling it on Ebay for $140+ to collectors at a 10000% markup. As far as serious comic collectors showing up at shows. Who in their right mind wants to deal with the pushy, rude, plague bearing, unwashed hoards who have no idea what a splash page is, that invade these shows. I would burn my clothes then shower every day after the Con closed so I wouldn't smell like ass & taco meat. I haven't been to a Pin Con yet, so am I to expect the same type of crowd?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballocks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reprints-of-comics-made-them-worthless?tu=pinballocks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.