Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2499.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ninjaboot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 10 years ago

I am the guy with $15000 in comics in his basement. Ya, I got a few rare ones that are hermetically sealed but for the most part, my collection is worthless in comparison to what I paid. The fact that I lost money on them doesn't make the stories any worse and I still have my favs i enjoy reading from time to time. I would rather my kid take interest in them and start reading them rather then they go up in value(I wouldn't sell them anyway). I thoroughly enjoyed collecting and reading every one of them. I have a similar story about hockey/baseball cards but you get the idea. I think when people mistake a hobby for an opportunity for investment is kinda like a pyramid scheme. Sure, if you get in early you may make it the top but most lose money when it becomes a bust. I passed on a MB a few years ago that was 5k in mint condition because I thought it to high. Now they are 8-10K? I would rather pay 10 bucks for the Ultimate Spiderman graphic novel that contains issues 1 thru 100 rather then buy the originals for 2-3 bucks each. Long live the remakes! The pinball market needs a correction, IMHO

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Not sure what's there, but it's gonna be fun!

That's the best part!

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

The guy signs EVERYTHING and has for many, many decades. He may have signed more stuff than anyone else ever.

I would rather not have my comics signed unless I have doubles. Most serious buyers want proof of authenticity when purchasing signed comics/cards. How many bogus signatures are floating around out there?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ninjaboot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reprints-of-comics-made-them-worthless?tu=ninjaboot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.