• 47 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2CC1C70C-AB6C-402D-9844-46E550D12233.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Toasterdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#8 2 years ago

California runs a state plan and enforces it pretty hard. I am not familiar with your particular situation, but do know OSHAs Bloodborne Pathogen Standard. I can guarantee Cal OSHA would require your employer to provide personal protective equipment and train (and have records) advising employees of the potential dangers of transmission, minimizing exposure etc.

They typically look at ex employees not quite as serious sometimes, if they think they have an axe to grind. If you report, they have to follow up on it. Probally a letter asking for their story and documentation/pictures to prove their innocence.

#9 2 years ago

FWIW, I looked briefly and didn’t see anything at a quick glance. It pulls up Cali’s BBP standard, but that pertains to healthcare workers and human waste is not covered, unless visible blood.

I know they will have a standard that covers exposure to human feces, it’s finding it might be tough. Worst case scenario, file a complaint and let them cite the appropriate standard.

Possible starting point?

https://www.dir.ca.gov/title8/5192.html

#18 2 years ago

Listen, don’t pay for a lawyer, report to OSHA if you feel you were put in danger. Don’t mention the pay clock, mention only regular exposure to human feces. OSHA is employee safety only and will consider you having a beef if you mention anything outside of an employee safety concern.

You will not get any money. Best case, your employer gets fined and required to correct the situation. You should not have to pay for your own PPE.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Toasterdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reporting-to-osha-sueing-my-boss-need-legal-advise?tu=Toasterdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.