You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2CC1C70C-AB6C-402D-9844-46E550D12233.gif

This topic is closed.

#1 2 years ago

I need some lega

#2 2 years ago

*What's with the "I wanna sue everyone" attitude?

Just move on, get another job and forget it.

Life's short, don't waste it by being a negative sad person!

*NOT legal advise, I am NOT a lawyer.

#3 2 years ago

Great man ,you deal with human waste for 40 hours a week and not be supplied with safety glasses, a respirator or anything else. Go back to your mom's basement. We're all glad you're not a lawyer and have nothing to contribute.

Neeeeeeeext..... I know somebody will add something constructive. Lots of smart people here. The company would not supply ppe beyond gloves when we could get them

#4 2 years ago

Sounds like a shitty job. Why would you expose yourself to such conditions and why would you even take a job like this? I don’t care how much they paid me, I would have walked off the minute he said get in there.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

I'm looking to screw my ex boss over

Just move on, you aren’t cashing in on this.

#6 2 years ago

It was pitched to me as a job repairing gear boxes, motors and pumps. It's not be they tell you upfront you're fixing his man waste motor pumps. Who the fuck would take that job? Not me but you get hired not knowing you gotta deal with that shit and then you do.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

It was pitched to me as a job repairing gear boxes, motors and pumps. It's not like they tell you upfront you're fixing human waste motor pumps. Who the fuck would take that job? Not me but you get hired not knowing you gotta deal with that shit and then you do.

#8 2 years ago

California runs a state plan and enforces it pretty hard. I am not familiar with your particular situation, but do know OSHAs Bloodborne Pathogen Standard. I can guarantee Cal OSHA would require your employer to provide personal protective equipment and train (and have records) advising employees of the potential dangers of transmission, minimizing exposure etc.

They typically look at ex employees not quite as serious sometimes, if they think they have an axe to grind. If you report, they have to follow up on it. Probally a letter asking for their story and documentation/pictures to prove their innocence.

#9 2 years ago

FWIW, I looked briefly and didn’t see anything at a quick glance. It pulls up Cali’s BBP standard, but that pertains to healthcare workers and human waste is not covered, unless visible blood.

I know they will have a standard that covers exposure to human feces, it’s finding it might be tough. Worst case scenario, file a complaint and let them cite the appropriate standard.

Possible starting point?

https://www.dir.ca.gov/title8/5192.html

#10 2 years ago

Different shit plays into different decisions. I like all the geniuses posting here. So, I shouldn't have to explain it but you fucking neanderthals I will.

Back story. I'm riding a Harley sportster from Modesto to Santa Cruz every morning at 2 am. It was fucking cold, I hadn't bought a better touring bike yet. I have that now, .....a Street Glide. So a job pops up fixing electric motors. My total bitch of a sister has worked for the owner for 26 years in a related business next door for the same boss. So the job fixing electric motors was a quarter mile from home. It wasn't like I was hired specifically to fix shit pumps. You get hired, get a shit pump. You're like is shitty but I won't quit over it.im not commuting on a motorcycle for 2 hours so it is what it is......then you get another, then another. Slowly but more increasing. I can't fucking believe I'd have to explain this to you. I asked for ADVICE to move forward, not your opinion based on knowing like 10% of the facts.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

FWIW, I looked briefly and didn’t see anything at a quick glance. It pulls up Cali’s BBP standard, but that pertains to healthcare workers and human waste is not covered, unless visible blood.
I know they will have a standard that covers exposure to human feces, it’s finding it might be tough. Worst case scenario, file a complaint and let them cite the appropriate standard.

Toaster dog
Thanks for information that isn't just troll chatter from a basement. I'm 52years old. I am ACTUALLY concerned about this. Not only did my employer not provide PPE but we had no employee handbook or standards or anything

#12 2 years ago

IANAL but, what is that you want to achieve?
you want money? it is going to take a long time and the payout might not be much

you want to hurt him? report him to the EPA . if he is not supplying gloves, then he is probably cutting corners in other areas
get your evidence, then quit, then send the evidence anomalously

#13 2 years ago

It's not so much about the money. I don't think others should be paid minimum wage to deal with this. I don't care if I get a penny but at the very least these submersibles should be dipped in bleach to minimize the risk. I have an 800 credit score, no rent or morgage , no car or bike payment And 20k I'm the bank. I'm not fishing for money but this shit Is wrong. I'm by no means hard up. I'm sitting on vintage Porsches Pinball machines and a host of other stuff to sell. I'm not worried. Wether I get a cent or not isnt the point but if you piss me off I have no problem throwing the ball in your court.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

. I like all the geniuses posting here. So, I shouldn't have to explain it but you fucking neanderthals I will.

You understand that you asked your questions on a website focused on pinball, right?
Would you ask for pinball advice on a legal forum?
Thanks for asking, I guess.

#15 2 years ago

You spelled advice wrong.

#16 2 years ago

Despite you going off the rails and insulting people’s intelligence offering opinions about your vendetta ‘legal’ matter and then bragging about your money and material possessions, I will offer my fucking genius Neanderthal advice which is this-

One of the best pieces of advice you can get on here regarding legal situations is, get off Pinside and go talk to an actual lawyer. Probably one that enjoys suing people. Oh that’s another genius tip, first step of suing is to learn how to spell it. Anyone posting here to get over your personal vendetta is giving sound opinion, regardless of the rest of the facts. You’ve said enough, unless you contracted or were exposed to something, or personal harm was inflicted because of the violations. Document, report to agencies, let them handle it. End of story.

#17 2 years ago

Buy your own PPE, are you That cheap ?

No Employee hand book !! Sounds like a death trap, Karin

Your going to be a great temporary contract worker.

#18 2 years ago

Listen, don’t pay for a lawyer, report to OSHA if you feel you were put in danger. Don’t mention the pay clock, mention only regular exposure to human feces. OSHA is employee safety only and will consider you having a beef if you mention anything outside of an employee safety concern.

You will not get any money. Best case, your employer gets fined and required to correct the situation. You should not have to pay for your own PPE.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

You spelled advice wrong.

He's spelled a ton of shit wrong. Probably has a good case, he's obviously brain damaged.

#20 2 years ago

I would rather work on shit pumps without PPE than drive a Harley Sportster 250 miles a day

#21 2 years ago

The key to any suit like this is documentation and data.

#22 2 years ago

Log off Pinside and go to Reddit.

r/legaladvice

#23 2 years ago

I'm going to mark this topic as a favourite .
It's going to get good

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Buy your own PPE, are you That cheap ?

Employers responsibility.

Want my advice as my buildings OSHA safety officer? Drop a dime with OSHA.

The last thing an employer wants is an OSHA inspector popping in for a surprise visit, the things that they find that no one gives any thought is the stuff of nightmares. They have no sense of humor and entirely predatory.

You have an unsafe working environment working with human waste and the employer supplies no PPE nor training.

Like ringing the damn dinner bell.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

Different shit plays into different decisions. I like all the geniuses posting here. So, I shouldn't have to explain it but you fucking neanderthals I will.
Back story. I'm riding a Harley sportster from Modesto to Santa Cruz every morning at 2 am. It was fucking cold, I hadn't bought a better touring bike yet. I have that now, .....a Street Glide. So a job pops up fixing electric motors. My total bitch of a sister has worked for the owner for 26 years in a related business next door for the same boss. So the job fixing electric motors was a quarter mile from home. It wasn't like I was hired specifically to fix shit pumps. You get hired, get a shit pump. You're like is shitty but I won't quit over it.im not commuting on a motorcycle for 2 hours so it is what it is......then you get another, then another. Slowly but more increasing. I can't fucking believe I'd have to explain this to you. I asked for ADVICE to move forward, not your opinion based on knowing like 10% of the facts.

Let me see if I have this straight. I'll ignore the part about an idiot complaining about being cold on a motorcycle at 2 am or what the type of motorcycle would have to do with it.

So - they hand you a shit pump, and instead of saying "Hey, I'm not working on this shit pump without some PPE", you say "Thank you, may I have another?" and keep working on them? Then decide to lawyer up?

Did I hit all the major points?

#26 2 years ago

Everyone on all sides of this thread are acting like dicks. Everyone must be hung over and cranky from Saturday night!

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Everyone on all sides of this thread are acting like dicks. Everyone must be hung over and cranky from Saturday night!

I have a feeling the OP will be too when he wakes up from his bender. He was posting at almost midnight and pretty much deleted all of his initial post.

#28 2 years ago

Sounds like the job is "fixing Motors," which may include all sorts of devices. The fact that some of these motors are for processing human feces may be unexpected. Since you're so good at fixing them, then all the work comes in (I imagine other places are: "no thank you.").
Seeing how now you are working on these particular objects, then a new set of protocols may be in order; probably none available to the company/boss because they never thought this market niche would come about.
I recommend bringing this up to management (as you have), requesting new protocols be put in place. Including--of possible--a more thorough cleaning of said pumps before you even get your hands on them (like your bleach idea).
Since it is falling on deaf ears, then you report to OSHA and see what they say when they eventually come to investigate.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Let me see if I have this straight. I'll ignore the part about an idiot complaining about being cold on a motorcycle at 2 am or what the type of motorcycle would have to do with it.
So - they hand you a shit pump, and instead of saying "Hey, I'm not working on this shit pump without some PPE", you say "Thank you, may I have another?" and keep working on them? Then decide to lawyer up?
Did I hit all the major points?

That’s some funny shit right there.

#30 2 years ago

So the company supplies gloves? Provide a list of what other PPE you want and I will do my best to send it to you.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

Great man ,you deal with human waste for 40 hours a week

Are you a Pinside moderator?

#32 2 years ago

I’m confused. At what point did you ask your employer to provide proper PPE and do you have documentation of this request and his refusal? How many times did you ask for this? At what point did you say “Hey, this work really requires me to wear PPE. If I don’t get it I’m quitting.”

Next, what injury did you suffer? Do you have a medical condition now due to your exposure? You have to show an injury to have a claim.

Lastly, why the hell are you asking this question to a pinball forum?!?

P.S. before you call people Neanderthals and insult their intelligence you might want to spell check your own posts. You misspelled suing and you are looking for advice, not advise (which is the verb which means to give someone advice).

#34 2 years ago

You lost me right about here.

“I'm riding a Harley sportster from Modesto to Santa Cruz every morning at 2 am. It was fucking cold, I hadn't bought a better touring bike yet. I have that now, .....a Street Glide.”

#35 2 years ago

If your sister got you the job, I would sue he ass too

#36 2 years ago

OP, Go to osha.gov. Everything is there to file a complaint/report a safety violation or condition. They expect this to be done as soon as you are aware of a violation. There are online forms and you can also start by calling OSHA at 800-321-OSHA and talk to someone. See the FAQ on the OSHA website.
You will not get any compensation through OSHA or in any civil case without proof of injury. *This is not legal advice, only website advice.

#37 2 years ago

This is a thirty second problem with a thirty second solution.

Call OSHA and report it, but leave out all the motorcycle stuff .

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

It was pitched to me as a job repairing gear boxes, motors and pumps. It's not be they tell you upfront you're fixing his man waste motor pumps. Who the fuck would take that job? Not me but you get hired not knowing you gotta deal with that shit and then you do.

Find another job and move on!! WTF

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

This is a thirty second problem with a thirty second solution.
Call OSHA and report it, but leave out all the motorcycle stuff .

Unless your motorcycle would also like to file a complaint

#40 2 years ago

Wondering if the OP thought this would go well

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I have a feeling the OP will be too when he wakes up from his bender. He was posting at almost midnight and pretty much deleted all of his initial post.

Wish I would have seen the initial post! Lots of details missing now.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

He's spelled a ton of shit wrong. Probably has a good case, he's obviously brain damaged.

Even as much as poor spelling personally annoys me....this is a dumbass take.

#43 2 years ago
2CC1C70C-AB6C-402D-9844-46E550D12233.gif2CC1C70C-AB6C-402D-9844-46E550D12233.gif
#44 2 years ago

Another prick on two wheels who feels he needs to flex his financial asset muscles. Ooh you own a Harley, good for you! If you have such fiscal means, why in the hell are you asking for FREE legal advice pertaining to possible OSHA violations on a pinball message board?

Did you explain to your boss that you were not going to work on shit pumps unless provided proper protection? You could have walked at any time. Are we missing important parts of the story? Do you have a questionable background or prior convictions that forced you to stay at job that was not very desirable?

#45 2 years ago

I’ll add that stating publicly on the internet ‘I just want to screw my boss over’ and asking for advice to make this happen in a suit is the first thing you don’t want to do if you’re pursuing a legal case (again, not clear what your case even is).

#46 2 years ago

Pinside is a real mirror into the soul of America.

#47 2 years ago

Closing thread at OP's request.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reporting-to-osha-sueing-my-boss-need-legal-advise and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.