image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpg
VIP_party_TBL_at_ARA_(77)_(resized).jpg
VIP_party_TBL_at_ARA_(130)_(resized).JPG
VIP_party_TBL_at_ARA_(130)_(resized).JPG
VIP_party_TBL_at_ARA_(132)_(resized).JPG
46bf555a1f2e0512a06a66c22016853c93e96495_(resized).jpg
1ea406d75c8c41082fc261727fc3a4afedab346c_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rensh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Watch this thread as I will post here photo's, video's etc made during the visit of DP factory tomorrow

Good news is incoming !!

20141005_182201000_iOS_(resized).jpg20141005_182201000_iOS_(resized).jpg

#4 8 years ago

It's today

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#13 8 years ago

No clips? News there is

#14 8 years ago

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

So that 'DMD' is an LCD... is it a custom size-ratio or is there a standard 16x9 monitor that's just 'cropped' by the panel?

Custom

#35 8 years ago

Video one on ARA production

#39 8 years ago

Video 2 ARA tells their story on TBL production

#49 8 years ago

Some gameplay

Sorry guys, posted wrong video here. This one was made nov 2015 at DPO EXPO. Further down in the thread correct video is posted.

#50 8 years ago

#51 8 years ago

And this is I think the cream on the cake where you all have been waiting for

An overview on all clips now already available. And yes, more clips are planned

#69 8 years ago

A compilation of some quick and dirty gameplay videos

And this is the last video. Party is finished. Will only go through all
Pictures this weekend and see if something is worthwhile

Martin Ayub was there to do detailed report with good pictures is garantueed anyway

Pins showed no problems. Only some
Minor tweaking perhaps has to be done like adjusting a switch or something like that. The problems the pins showed at DPO in November are all dissapeared.

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from Squall:

What about rug registering? I noticed on the video that there is still a problem with that. Can you confirmed?

The rugtoy has been enhanced already but the latest rug hardware was only in the left pin and worked fine. Also the videoclip with the rugtoy had a flaw, no sound .... Programmer Koen is on the case however

Remember, this is a null series pinballs. It were the same pins as on dpo expo November 2015 but than with improved hardware (like the new board). only the improved rugtoy didn't make it (yet) to all 4 pins.

The production types will have ofcourse all changes from the start. So no worries for us customers

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I just took my computer screen and flipped it on its side....
Rens is the shit....he will be at TPF so anyone coming, find him..or me and I will find him for you. Thank you sir Rens!

Euh, I am not Royal

But thanks for the compliment anyway, but just being enthusiastic pinhead

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Going through all these now that I'm not at work. Thank you!! Really enjoyed this presentation even if had to turn my phone upside down to watch

Fixed. Now only Jaap is the first few seconds on his side

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Rens -
It looks like the first gameplay video that you posted yesterday may have been shot at a different event (DPO?) as the location looks different and the software doesn't seem as advanced as in the second game compilation video that you posted. Is that the case or am I misinterpreting something?

Sorry, you are right. Fixed the name to DPO EXPO nov 2015 gameplay. All this work on a tiny Smartphone screen ....

#104 8 years ago

So, put all my pictures in a slideshow which can be seen at

Have fun watching . Thats all the material I have but Pinball news will have a article up soon and Martin has a keen eye for detail (and makes better pictures ...). So it ain't over yet

edit : As apparently the video is blocked on some devices music is being stripped now. Work in progress

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Has Dutch set a release date? It's awesome seeing the progress here. Really considering this pin now. Loved playing it and it felt really premium.

First units are expected to be at customer doorsteps in March

Shipping overseas however will be per full container so some delay can be there or if you are willing to pay for airfreight to get it quicker this is possible ofcourse

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Honestly I agree, but I am choosing to focus on the positive aspects. I wish it was just crisp high-rez myself. But they have a custom LCD and a look, and that's cool too.
I'm assuming they don't have the graphic horsepower to just run full high rez or something, but I don't know the back story. Way back at the Expo VIP launch I was told they might try and do HD, but it looks like that didn't pan out.
Oh well, I think for what it is the look works. My memory is that from playing distance it looks better than it does in that video too.

What you have seen on the videos is what it will be, no HD. I find this also pitty but when playing the pin it really looks better as on the zoomed in video

#149 8 years ago

Pinballnews has his clip video online. To be seen at

Same clips as mine, we were shooting same time, but seen from other angle (and without my finger ... , I only noticed this afterwards)

#177 8 years ago

So, back to the topic of the VIP party at DP factory

Pinball news has his usual detailed report published at

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/biglebowski/index4.html

Really a great article filling in a lot of the blancs, thanks Martin !!

#194 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Do you mean like how all the cabs are on carts with wheels? I saw bunches of that going on in the pics/videos.

Best you see this video starting around 5 minutes

And yes, I have visited JJP to and DP has a different systems as JJP's

#196 8 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Martin Ayub is the king.
(Hope I'm right in assuming the report is his work)

Yep, the report on pinball news.com is his. His eye for detail is famous

#201 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I believe those were the same prototype games from 2014 at 2015 Expo.

Correct. Chicago Expo 2014 and 2015 were the same machines

The machines shown at the VIP party where the same ones as shown at dpo expo NL 2015 but than equipped-modified with most if not all of the latest hardware.

From these machines I think 2 will go to TPF but not 100% sure of this. Am sure that latest hardware will be shown at TPF, just not sure if it will be one or two from the ones shown at the VIP party

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from soren:

DP definetly has their shit together. BOP 2 I wasn't all that happy about. But seeing the final product now, it kicks ass. Totally. I really like the final soundtrack they produced. Very well designed and innovative. With nice display effects integrated with the rest of the game.
As of TBL I am all in favour of the display size, ratio and "pinball" resolution/look'n'feel.
I wish they do not run into problems of stabillity and mechanical breakdown once TBL release to be beaten on. Please let the duabillity stand up to the design, ambition and innovation.
A few things that scared me:
USB (mini) connectors always scares me. Hope they'll be secured in ways not shown in the report photos.
As a "bash toy" the rug assey looks suspicious if only hold be the pinion rod and motor. It looks open ended. I would believe a bracket to support the end of the rod (also in the axis of the lenght of the rod) would be wise.
A metal subway, if made of magnetic sensitive steel, could be an issue on games where the ball will magnitise. I do not recall if TBL has ball manipulating magnets.
The bowling pin assey looks complicated and fine mechanic-ish. But I guess it will be completely sealed off from dirt and that it will not be that exposed to vibration as main playfield mechs.
Good luck guys.

The answers I know are :

The rugtoy is intensively bash tested. see

See also tyhe pictures for a better look of the mechanism. Looks sturdy enough, to me at least

No magnets in TBL so no worries about magnetizing balls

Bowling toy is not connected to playfield, is mounted to bottom of cabinet. So should have a lott less vibrations as a playfield

VIP_party_TBL_at_ARA_(132)_(resized).JPGVIP_party_TBL_at_ARA_(132)_(resized).JPG

VIP_party_TBL_at_ARA_(130)_(resized).JPGVIP_party_TBL_at_ARA_(130)_(resized).JPG

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So is there a scoop under the rug bash toy? What happens when the rug rolls all the way back?

When the rug has rolled all the way back a 'hole' appears in which the ball drops down. Rugmode is than started and the ball is comes back on the playfiled via the scoop left of it. Hope the below picture explains it better

VIP_party_TBL_at_ARA_(130)_(resized).JPGVIP_party_TBL_at_ARA_(130)_(resized).JPG

VIP_party_TBL_at_ARA_(77)_(resized).jpgVIP_party_TBL_at_ARA_(77)_(resized).jpg

#225 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I wonder how far they are in pin #2.
Could anybody find a clue in the factory tour?

No clue seen. I think all attention is to producing pin 1 and that pin 2 is lower priority. No star wars pictures on a PC like with GoT video by Stern

#229 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Plus this is the factory right. Do they still have a design office elsewhere / closer to where they live? I remember some early photos year+ ago and looked more like an office area but could be wrong. It will be interesting how quick or slow they move to game 2. Guess they will wait and see what TBL demand looks like as it's a large unknown how many non-pre order orders are going to come.

Barry indeed also has an office close to his home. No need for him to go to the factory for design ideas. Building a Proto is different story ofcourse.

Pulp fiction would be nice

BTTF mentioned by Phil during Philgate is a No I can tell you. Which is a pitty as a BTTF is worth around usd 37000 according to EBay

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

1 month later
#249 8 years ago

written report now on the Spinner, local pinball magazine from the Dutch Pinball association.

So if you wanna improve your Dutch

TBL_factory_tour_at_ARA-page-001_(resized).jpgTBL_factory_tour_at_ARA-page-001_(resized).jpg

TBL_factory_tour_at_ARA-page-002_(resized).jpgTBL_factory_tour_at_ARA-page-002_(resized).jpg

TBL_factory_tour_at_ARA-page-003_(resized).jpgTBL_factory_tour_at_ARA-page-003_(resized).jpg

TBL_factory_tour_at_ARA-page-004_(resized).jpgTBL_factory_tour_at_ARA-page-004_(resized).jpg

TBL_factory_tour_at_ARA-page-005_(resized).jpgTBL_factory_tour_at_ARA-page-005_(resized).jpg

TBL_factory_tour_at_ARA-page-006_(resized).jpgTBL_factory_tour_at_ARA-page-006_(resized).jpg

TBL_factory_tour_at_ARA-page-007_(resized).jpgTBL_factory_tour_at_ARA-page-007_(resized).jpg

TBL_factory_tour_at_ARA-page-008_(resized).jpgTBL_factory_tour_at_ARA-page-008_(resized).jpg

#250 8 years ago

link removed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 22.50
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

15,000 (OBO)
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rensh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/report-of-dp-factory-visit-12th-feb-2016?tu=Rensh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.