(Topic ID: 105770)

REPORT FROM White Rose Gameroom Show (York Show)

By too-many-pins

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TaylorVA
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I was at the York show earlier and hall looked very full with machines. I talked to Rich and he is very happy with turnout so far and it looked like it was going to be a great show. SADLY I have tooooooooooo much going on to do much with pinball right now so I didn't even have time to attend the show. I was just dropping some stuff off to a few people that needed items & machines I had.

Flea Market was about normal for York as far as number of dealers but it seemed like a lot more machines at the flea market than normal for York. I didn't spend much time looking around but it looked like plenty to choose from out at the flea market.

In any event I am sure there will be better updated but I wanted to at least report what I saw when I was their for a couple hours earlier today.

Hopefully next year I'll have more time to enjoy both Allentown & York. But 2014 family issues have kept me away from the hobby most of this year.

#2 9 years ago

Sorry, but I have to disagree with one of your statements! The York flea market will NOT be normal this year. The absence of The West Virginia Pinball Players in the first flea market space next to the hall will leave a huge void. Mark, Steven and the rest of the "crew" are famous for their hospitality and great food. Sadly, we lost Mark Scohy this week and the rest of the guys are too shaken to attend York this year. We attended his funeral on Wednesday and it was the most difficult thing that our group has had to endure. We ask for prayers for Mark's family.

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hot_Rod_Grille:

Sorry, but I have to disagree with one of your statements! The York flea market will NOT be normal this year. The absence of The West Virginia Pinball Players in the first flea market space next to the hall will leave a huge void. Mark, Steven and the rest of the "crew" are famous for their hospitality and great food. Sadly, we lost Mark Scohy this week and the rest of the guys are too shaken to attend York this year. We attended his funeral on Wednesday and it was the most difficult thing that our group has had to endure. We ask for prayers for Mark's family.

Sorry for your loss. That sucks big time.

#4 9 years ago

This was my first time at any pinball show. I only spent about 3 hours there, but j had a great time. Cointaker was there with a Walking Dead, there was a line the entire time for it, but I only waited about 10 minutes and got a decent game in. The volume was really low on it, possibly even off all together, but other than that it was great. It's really a fun game, and challenging. Most games didn't last more than a few minutes.

Cointaker also had some great deals on parts, like $35 mirror blades. I bought a hotdog before I saw these and was short a few dollars. Damn. I blame Rudy.

Pinball star was also there with an AMH. I got a few games in on that and loved it as well. The sound system is great on that machine, super deep bass.

Like most, I spent most of my time in the free play area. There was a TON of great machines from every era. Not a ton of "A list" games, which is kind of to be expected, but otherwise an awesome selection no matter what you're into.

I took a WPT home and couldn't be happier.

#5 9 years ago

Mark was really a great guy, and we will miss him! His brother Steve and his family, as well as the WV Pinball group have lost a truly amazing guy and our thoughts are with them now!! I never got to attend the York show with them, but have attended A-Town with them on several occasions and they were most gracious and it was an amazing time with them. I know Mark was also excited about attending Expo next week, he usually sat with us during the banquet, and it will be hard not having his smiling gracious presence there with us.
    Phoebe

#6 9 years ago

Enjoyed the show, but I surprised that there weren't more vendors. I wanted to buy some legs - and no one sold them there. Same for some other basic items.
    I also wanted to see a colordmd. Not a single machine (unless I missed it) in the whole building had one.

#7 9 years ago

So sorry to hear about Mark! I don't know any of you guys personally but I did notice you were not in your normal space this year. With the so-so weather and me getting their early and leaving before much was really going on I thought maybe you were just running late or something. Best wishes to everyone from your group and our prayers are with you and his family.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from mdclips:

Enjoyed the show, but I surprised that there weren't more vendors. I wanted to buy some legs - and no one sold them there. Same for some other basic items.
    I also wanted to see a colordmd. Not a single machine (unless I missed it) in the whole building had one.

Damn, I was hoping to buy legs also to save on shipping.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from mdclips:

York is never a HUGE show but it keeps growing. I agree York has always been lacking as far as parts selection but I love the small town relaxed feeling at York so it is my favorite of all the shows I have been to.

One of the biggest issues with parts and machine selection at any show is parts are big & heavy so you can't normally find everything you are looking for at any show and as far as machine selection - that really just depends on what people decided to bring with them any given year.

The nice thing with both Allentown & York is both keep getting bigger & better. And with all our support they will keep growing.

Anyway - anyone "on the fence" about going to York tomorrow I highly recommend you make the trip. I just with I could be their!

#10 9 years ago

I was onsite all day and had a great time! I am out of room at my house otherwise I would have taken home a decent TFTC or the Swords Of Fury that were for sale in free play area. I would go again tomorrow but I am going whitewater rafting! Have fun!

#11 9 years ago

One thing I've noticed about York is that it seems to be getting away from the "gameroom" show that it's always been and turning more into a pinball show. This is a good thing.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Damn, I was hoping to buy legs also to save on shipping.

Crap! I was hoping for some legs too! Oh well I'm already here, guess we'll see what there is tomorrow.

#13 9 years ago

We will have some legs tomorrow. Stop over by the games next to the concession stand. Used ones, but they might be what you need

#14 9 years ago

Sorry to hear about Mark. You guys were certainly missed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/report-from-white-rose-gameroom-show-york-show and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.