(Topic ID: 350253)

Replicade Minipins - Non-Playable...

By Blacksun

4 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot (1560) (resized).png
    Screenshot (1561) (resized).png
    Screenshot (1562) (resized).png
    Screenshot (1558) (resized).png
    Screenshot (1559) (resized).png
    Screenshot (1557) (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot (1556) (resized).png
    dr-evil-mini-me-1940x900_35484 (resized).jpg
    419718152_10168623075720215_3711724339104355103_n (resized).jpg
    #1 4 months ago

Interesting.... Just got the email. Love their Replicade Arcade games.

419718152_10168623075720215_3711724339104355103_n (resized).jpg419718152_10168623075720215_3711724339104355103_n (resized).jpg

#2 4 months ago

dupe, please delete

#4 4 months ago
    dr-evil-mini-me-1940x900_35484 (resized).jpgdr-evil-mini-me-1940x900_35484 (resized).jpg
    #5 4 months ago

I knew I’d seen that logo before

https://synth.fandom.com/wiki/FM-84

#6 4 months ago

FB group is saying there will be multiple machines…. Curious what era.

#7 4 months ago

Interested for sure.

#8 4 months ago

Black Hole - $199 - Non Playable....

Screenshot (1556) (resized).pngScreenshot (1556) (resized).png

#9 4 months ago

A lot of people are going to be turned off by the fact that this is non playable, but I personally think this was the right call. I think replicades have more value as collectible to display rather than something you actually play. Will look cool without having to power on.

#10 4 months ago
    Quoted from JSC:

A lot of people are going to be turned off by the fact that this is non playable, but I personally think this was the right call. I think replicades have more value as collectible to display rather than something you actually play. Will look cool without having to power on.

I agree, All the arcade games I have, I typically turn them on and listen to them in attract mode. It's like being in the arcade. Can't see them to play anyways, /oldeyes... LOL

#11 4 months ago
    Quoted from Blacksun:

I agree, All the arcade games I have, I typically turn them on and listen to them in attract mode. It's like being in the arcade. Can't see them to play anyways, /oldeyes... LOL

I have them on display on a shelf in my office. For my purposes, will be cool to be able to look inside and see a machine and not just a screen. I am definitely in the minority based on the initial reaction they are getting.

#12 4 months ago

link: https://newwavetoys.com/products/black-hole-x-replicade-minipin

What's with the odd looking body cab rear end?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #13 4 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

link: https://newwavetoys.com/products/black-hole-x-replicade-minipin
    What's with the odd looking body cab rear end?
    [quoted image]

Indeed, the back looks like a proto pic... Hopefully they clean it up a bit...

#14 4 months ago

Full pics...

Screenshot (1557) (resized).pngScreenshot (1557) (resized).pngScreenshot (1558) (resized).pngScreenshot (1558) (resized).pngScreenshot (1559) (resized).pngScreenshot (1559) (resized).pngScreenshot (1560) (resized).pngScreenshot (1560) (resized).pngScreenshot (1561) (resized).pngScreenshot (1561) (resized).pngScreenshot (1562) (resized).pngScreenshot (1562) (resized).png
    #15 4 months ago

looks 3d printed like the Minipins (same name) that I was contracted to design for Pinball Bazaar (UK) a couple of years ago and then he disappeared. Stumblor was part of the team as was a Swiss guy Christoph (who was the original designer of the software side of things). But we only did a AFM / MM / SS then - but the legs look to be the same as what I designed but now a Gottlieb.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-world-s-smallest-pinball-company

#16 4 months ago

I was about to pull the trigger on the Twin pack
    Until I noticed is non-playable
    Why would I want a $200 pin ornament

#17 4 months ago

The Hallmark Taz pinball ornament actually has a little ball you can plunge, so it's sorta more playable than this one...

#18 4 months ago
    Quoted from PappaDubz:

I was about to pull the trigger on the Twin pack
    Until I noticed is non-playable

I was about the do the same. I own a couple of their mini arcades and think they are fun but non playable just kills it. If fokls are thinking about buying the New Wave arcade VIP email list always has a discount for new releases. For Black Hole you can use code MINIPIN for 20% off. If it was like $100 I might buy it as just a decoration but not at $160 with the 20% off.

#19 4 months ago
    Quoted from metallik:

The Hallmark Taz pinball ornament actually has a little ball you can plunge, so it's sorta more playable than this one...

The Hallmark 2005 Bugs Bunny Pinball Action ornament uses the same pinball model from the 1996 Santa Pinball Wounder just as a fun fact.

#20 4 months ago
    Quoted from PappaDubz:

A lot of people buy them. They’re called toppers.

#21 4 months ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

A lot of people buy them. They’re called toppers.

Hey! My pinball's hat is important to the gameplay experience!

#22 4 months ago

That it is unplayable would appeal to those who sell games with less than 100 plays

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replicade-minipins-small-balls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.