Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 834 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    41721315_1848359118546672_539543421040197632_n (resized).png
    10A2DFCE-2AA0-405C-AEFD-0F68009E5B8E (resized).jpeg
    54E80045-600C-4D45-AD1A-AF3956A9253B (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4564 (resized).JPG
    dvatkb (resized).jpg
    844EDC94-EDB0-4A0E-A71E-CD08149B873A (resized).jpeg
    99860DE4-2165-4B62-ADCA-54B0B062432D (resized).jpeg
    66A394CC-83AA-4476-BBED-1FA29C0CD2D1 (resized).jpeg
    729ED912-5BDF-4773-BE85-4CB7EC9C54F5 (resized).jpeg
    6547E95B-06DB-42D9-B227-612553059D5D (resized).jpeg
    ECC55324-9250-4DE8-9EDF-695B24C56133 (resized).jpeg
    B9CCAD9B-A60F-41D4-9254-A0980871C3C9 (resized).jpeg
    5E129566-B736-40C8-9C73-6B43DAF0BF71 (resized).jpeg
    CE0EDC7D-6477-4435-A873-D2BB8802D204 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#404 5 years ago

Never been there ... trying to figure out if it is worth the road trip and 2 nights at the hotel. If you read between the lines, it seems that some are implying that it is not that great for pinball. For those that have gone in years past, let me know your opinion. These are the other shows we have gone to:

Chicago Expo - loved it, mostly for the vendor hall (got to see and pick up a few higher priced mods and things) and the opportunity to play the new pins, also for a few of the seminars, Pinball Life party (near by) and the other social gatherings. Seems to have started to go downhill the past few years, but as attendees we still enjoyed it.

Ohio pinball show (near Akron) - was "okay" previous years, but this last year was pretty bad and we felt not worth the money for the trip and hotel for 2 nights. The few pins that were there disappeared quickly. Very few vendors, primary fun was playing the new pins and the pins from the cincy group that stayed there while we were there.

VFW show in Ann Arbor - super great pinball show for "playing" pinball. That is the sole purpose of going to this one. Love it, and it is very local to us. Had a blast, 400+ pins don't disappear!

Pinball at the Zoo - Good for playing pinball, machines start to disappear mid day on Saturdays though, wish more vendors would show up but still got some stuff I wanted and played some really nice pins. Overall worth it, but within a day's trip so we didn't have to get a hotel.

MGC show - a little different variety for us with the general gaming target kind of show. Had a good time with the pinball machines, lots of general gaming vendors, was a good change of pace (even though we aren't addicted to much more than pinball). Some vendors were selling some junky stuff, but some were pretty artistic kind of things. Playing pinball and new pins was the main focus and a good time. We picked up some things from vendors there that we normally would not see at other shows.

So ... with these reviews of previous shows that we were at during this last year, do you think we would like this one? Guessing that it is most similar to the MGC show. Would NIB pinball distributors/vendors be there with their new pin line ups? Is the player to pin ratio reasonable, or are there always lines (like I heard was at the Texas show)? We just want to get a general review of the show from people who have attended before as there isn't much chatter about it, and more downplaying the pinball side of the show than building it up it seems.

#410 5 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

If you want to play 500+ pins, ...
    We use about 300 pins for Pinburgh and most of those are opened up to the rest of the show by Saturday.

Quoted from Whysnow:

I would never go to Replyfx if I was not playing in the tournament.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

several hundred of the games will be off limits during the tournament

Quoted from Ferret:

If your primary interest is buying/selling pin parts, mods, or games, ReplayFX is not where you should be.

These help with my confusion on it after I have read through the 400+ posts. I have a better picture of the pinball part of it now, thanks! It's best to know this upfront then complain about it and annoy CrazyLevi more.

We are just mediocre pinball players, but we are working on it to have more diverse skills to be able to get past a couple of tournament rounds. Since the tournaments are full anyway, it looks like our plan would be to travel Friday, get there mid-day, play what games we can play, annoy Joe at the Pinball Star booth for a while, then take in the "spectacle" of the rest of the show, bands etc. We would concentrate on Saturday for the serious Husband vs. Wife pinball battles and blame the pinball designers when we both have bad games (but not here on Pinside of course). Then Sunday pick up a used HUO pin somewhere on the way home. Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the responses. Looks like it could be interesting and fun.

#421 5 years ago

It appears that there are no more rooms available on the room blocks for the weekend in the links on the website. Are there any plans to add rooms to the room blocks? Or are we on our own to find a hotel from here on out?

2 weeks later
    #536 5 years ago

No chairs in the isles … I wonder if someone will bring one of these? When I saw this, I thought of what I read earlier in this thread. I can see someone doing this ...
    http://www.noonee.com/en/produktvorstellung/

3 months later
    #830 5 years ago

Couldn't find it … when is Pinburgh 2019 scheduled? Something is begging my attention on July 20th 2019. If it conflicts, I would rather go to pinburgh.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfxpinburgh-2018?tu=kingbw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.