Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 834 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    41721315_1848359118546672_539543421040197632_n (resized).png
    10A2DFCE-2AA0-405C-AEFD-0F68009E5B8E (resized).jpeg
    54E80045-600C-4D45-AD1A-AF3956A9253B (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4564 (resized).JPG
    dvatkb (resized).jpg
    844EDC94-EDB0-4A0E-A71E-CD08149B873A (resized).jpeg
    99860DE4-2165-4B62-ADCA-54B0B062432D (resized).jpeg
    66A394CC-83AA-4476-BBED-1FA29C0CD2D1 (resized).jpeg
    729ED912-5BDF-4773-BE85-4CB7EC9C54F5 (resized).jpeg
    6547E95B-06DB-42D9-B227-612553059D5D (resized).jpeg
    ECC55324-9250-4DE8-9EDF-695B24C56133 (resized).jpeg
    B9CCAD9B-A60F-41D4-9254-A0980871C3C9 (resized).jpeg
    5E129566-B736-40C8-9C73-6B43DAF0BF71 (resized).jpeg
    CE0EDC7D-6477-4435-A873-D2BB8802D204 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gravitar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

Payment for tourney tickets due at registration. Link posted above is correct.
    Tickets will go very fast, highly recommend buying at Noon otherwise you have a great chance of being on the waitlist.

https://replayfx.org/buy-tickets/

#7 6 years ago

Discount codes for rooms once tickets go on sale per a tilt forum reply.

3 weeks later
    #268 6 years ago

Waiting like many others to see a waitlist / player list update. Perhaps after the first refund period expires at the end of March.

2 weeks later
    #290 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eightball88:

I noticed today that there was a little movement on the wait list.

6-8 spots, looks like the plan to delay ticket sales has paid off in less work for the staff handling cancellations.

#293 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

I was thinking about this... and then I wondered how much revenue they made last year from cancellations that they might potentially lose this year. The cancellations get anywhere from 75% to 25% refund. Maybe the additional revenue from cancellations doesn’t offset the added work and headaches of having to contact waitlisters and shuffle down the list.

Good point, extra revenue from partial refunds likely to be much lower.

1 week later
    #300 6 years ago

Just 5 spots. Dang. Almost 200 to go.

#304 6 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

What also helped the wait list before was you could get a full refund up until a certain cut off point. Pinball people are cheap and now that you can only get a partial refund they will be less likely to cancel.

Fully agree on this. I'd look on it this way too, if have to get a refund think of it as a donation to the ReplayFX foundation.

#306 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Where is everyone Staying? Trying to decide where to do the Suite at again this year! Looks like the Omni wants $500 a night for a suite! So I'm leaning towards the Drury or the Westin

I would think the Westin is the best choice as it is close by. Easy to walk to/from ReplayFX

1 week later
    #322 5 years ago

Ouch! I was looking towards playing in it this year too.

3 weeks later
    #331 5 years ago

Wait list moved a bit recently as 13 more people are off from it or cancelled since I last checked.

3 weeks later
    #394 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tigger64:

On the day of the event - is there a place where people on the waitlist should go to help facilitate filling in for the no shows?

Last year an announcement was made for those wishing to participate to report to the tourney desk. I believe those on wait list were giving priority over the walk ins.

2 weeks later
    #449 5 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

If the top 130 or so could drop out on the wait list, that would be great.

I’ll be there and if I don’t get in I will play games and help those local players who are going for the first time.

I did that last year and had a great time helping out the Michigan players. Gave out game tips and answered questions. Will likely do the same this year.

#450 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

You missed the point.

As a reader, you don't know if the list hasn't changed because there are no changes... or simply because they've been slow to update the page. Putting a update status on it, even if there are no changes, resolves that quandary.

Especially since the folks involved don't like setting expectations of frequency or deadlines... just 'it will be done before its needed'

I believe the posting of a last updated DATE was the request so could get an idea when the list was last changed.

#465 5 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

So do we get any chance to see how the game is setup before we play it? Just to see how tight the tilt is, and any setting changes. I don't want to have to tilt out the first ball in competition just to find out the tilt is crazy sensitive.

No practice on banks during the tourney allowed. So step right up and give it a shot. Of course if not player #1 you may want to watch and see if settings can be determined by what you can see happen. If lucky you can ask a friend if played the bank earlier to give you hints.

1 week later
    #576 5 years ago

The restaurant on the 2nd floor of the Westin (By the convention center) serves great breakfast and very generous portion sizes. The breakfast entree's are very tasty. I haven't sampled the lunch or dinner menu's though.

#580 5 years ago

People on the waitlist may not show up or checkin Thursday morning thus moving people up more. But at 300 that is a very tall order. I'd say no chance. Heck I'm in the 150's and thinking no chance as well to play.

#634 5 years ago

I'll be wearing a PinSide lanyard if I can find it. Hope to see and meet a few more of you there.

#637 5 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

I'll be wearing a PinSide lanyard if I can find it. Hope to see and meet a few more of you there.

Also will be wearing easy to spot VFW (Vintage Flipper World) T-shirt's Thursday and Friday.

1 week later
    #754 5 years ago

i really enjoyed playing dollar games called "stall ball" that was a blast.
    basically you have to put the ball somewhere where its "stalls" like a saucer or scoop then get out of the way and the next person jumps in. last one standing wins the dollars.</blockquote

Sounds like a fun group activity. Will try it out.

1 month later
    #791 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Out of curiosity, where did the ten cents come from? I'd figure the gross would be a whole number.

Accumulated interest

#806 5 years ago

0.0 for me, shrug.

#829 5 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

definitely makes winning feel like a chore but c'est la vie

sadly true

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gravitar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfxpinburgh-2018?tu=gravitar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.