Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 834 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    41721315_1848359118546672_539543421040197632_n (resized).png
    10A2DFCE-2AA0-405C-AEFD-0F68009E5B8E (resized).jpeg
    54E80045-600C-4D45-AD1A-AF3956A9253B (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4564 (resized).JPG
    dvatkb (resized).jpg
    844EDC94-EDB0-4A0E-A71E-CD08149B873A (resized).jpeg
    99860DE4-2165-4B62-ADCA-54B0B062432D (resized).jpeg
    66A394CC-83AA-4476-BBED-1FA29C0CD2D1 (resized).jpeg
    729ED912-5BDF-4773-BE85-4CB7EC9C54F5 (resized).jpeg
    6547E95B-06DB-42D9-B227-612553059D5D (resized).jpeg
    ECC55324-9250-4DE8-9EDF-695B24C56133 (resized).jpeg
    B9CCAD9B-A60F-41D4-9254-A0980871C3C9 (resized).jpeg
    5E129566-B736-40C8-9C73-6B43DAF0BF71 (resized).jpeg
    CE0EDC7D-6477-4435-A873-D2BB8802D204 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

seperate, you will need to buy both.

Correct. No rush to buy the replay tickets, those won't sell out. The Pinburgh tournament tickets will.

#146 6 years ago

Solution is simple - raise the price to $200 next year and increase the prize pool. Demand obviously outweighs demand at this point.

Perhaps offer a discounted rate for people restricted to E division (who are these people? Do you have to prove you've never played a pinball game in your life? Do they make you start a game and see if you unknowingly start a four-player game?).

#171 6 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

To help secure my tickets for Pinburgh, since I had to use my cell Hot Spot and was certain it was going to lag out, I opened up notepad and had my credit card nunber, exp date, CVV, and IFPA numbers all ready. I then copied the CC number to the clipboard for quick pasting.

I just logged in at noon sharp
    Like everybody else, and got a ticket.

I don’t think there’s a secret formula.

2 weeks later
    #262 6 years ago

There's an opportunity for NYC-Jersey area folks who were shut out:

I'm happy to formally announce the Jackbar - Pinburgh 2018 Ticket Giveaway ️!!!

Pinburgh is the world's largest pinball competition, with over 300 machines and 840 registered players! There's 160 cash prizes totaling over $100k throughout out all Divisions. With $15,000 being awarded for 1st place in the 'A' Division.

Jackbar has proudly purchased 2 tix to Pinburgh 2018 (July 26th - 29th, at the David L. Lawrence Convention center in Downtown Pittsburgh) to giveaway to 2 lucky players. As some of you know, the event's registration went live on Feb. 24th at 12PM, and sold out in 45 seconds, leaving over 450 people on the waitlist. And now's your chance to get in, courtesy of Jackbar!

HOW TO WIN:

2 machines at Jackbar will be in play, starting today Monday, March 12th, and carrying on until Sunday, July 8th. 'Aerosmith' and 'Game of Thrones' will be the games. The highest score on each of the two machines as of close of business on Sunday, July 8th, will be awarded a ticket. Pretty simple.

Current Highest scores will be displayed on each game's backglass. If you beat the score, take a picture (making sure to make it clear that it's Jackbar's machine), and alert the bartender to check the machine and verify.

Anyone who currently has a ticket, or is ranked in the Top 200 in the IFPA rankings (as of the date of this announcement) is ineligible to participate. One ticket per person.

Good Luck to everybody!!!

2 months later
    #382 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Can someone help me wrap my head around this rule?
    "The best-seeded player within each group (the first player listed on the scoresheet) chooses the order of play for the first game. The remaining players choose their order of play, in descending order from best to worst seeding."
    It makes no sense to me. It says that the best seeded player chooses the order for the first game. But then it goes on to say that the remaining players choose their order. To me, the best seeded player choosing the order means that I'm going to pick the order for everyone as opposed to me just picking my position within the group.
    It sounds redundant. Or should it say something like the best seeded player chooses which position they want to play? Meaning if I'm the best seeded, I'll say "I want to go last", then the next seeded player says "I want to go first" and so on.

What's the confusion?

Highest seeded picks order first. Then, everybody else does based on seed.

Quoted from epthegeek:

It's not so much about giving people out of the cut line a chance, as it is to prevent the people already near the top from colluding to maintain their position in the finals. At least, that's what I got from the big thread after last years competition.

I really think this is just to save time and work. The collusion thing was always overblown and not enough of an issue to drastically overhaul the rules.

2 weeks later
    #400 5 years ago
    Quoted from wfumed2:

This will be my first ReplaxFx! Is there a buy/sell/trade message thread that typically gets started prior to the show? Are machines for sell on the floor? I'd love to pick up a machine while I'm up there!

Not really a trade/sales show, though there will be distributors selling NIB games. Most of the games on the floor aren't for sale.

#405 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

So ... with these reviews of previous shows that we were at during this last year, do you think we would like this one? Guessing that it is most similar to the MGC show. Would NIB pinball distributors/vendors be there with their new pin line ups? Is the player to pin ratio reasonable, or are there always lines (like I heard was at the Texas show)? We just want to get a general review of the show from people who have attended before as there isn't much chatter about it, and more downplaying the pinball side of the show than building it up it seems.

They are just doing this to try to trick non-pinball people into going to the show!

It's a a huge pinball event with other stuff window dressing that they add more to every year. There are a ton of games to play, and most of the new stuff will be there thanks to distributors. If you are the type that likes to bitch about stuff they've got you covered there too - several hundred of the games will be off limits during the tournament - however by saturday evening you'll be able to play those too.

Lines? WHo knows...there's always people who want to play the brand new stuff. If you just want to play pinball or video games, you won't have to wait.

1 week later
    #425 5 years ago

They are dwindling. Add Wydham downtown to the list of places now sold out.

I suspect many rooms will become available in the days leading up to the show but for now it's pretty spartan and expensive offerings in the immediate area.

2 weeks later
    #573 5 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

How about restaurant recommendations within walking distance of the convention center?

They are all perfectly average. There's a 4-5 block strip with a bunch of restaurants. The meatball place is ok. The thai place is ok. At the furthest reaches a few blocks out are a pizza place and a down and dirty chinese carryout. There's a taco joint I think. The worst place is the bar on the corner directly in front of the convo center, worst food and service and it's always crowded.

For late night your best/only option is Pimmenti bros (?) sandwich shop in market square.

#584 5 years ago
    Quoted from lnoelle:

I know every year is different but does anyone know how many waitlisters usually make it into the tournament? I have seen varying numbers on this.

Someone told me #40 or so made it in last year as a show-up-and-hope, and he was the last one.

I have no idea if this is actually true. You're welcome.

#606 5 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Is this the proper outline post placement to practice

She tilts if you look at her.

I don’t think that’s really the right approach.

In past experience replay games have been set up so you can actually play them, as it’s a skil tournament (except
    For that hobbit on stage last year). Most of the games will have fair tilts and posts won’t be removed. If it’s anything like past years.

#615 5 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Don't forget the stern kiss that had lightning flippers, crazy pitch and Gene would spit the balls down the drain with no ball save.

Was that PAPA A or pinburgh?

#658 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Suggestions for other fun stuff to do tonight / this afternoon???
    Preferrablylower key and in walking or short uber from convention center area.

KENNYWOOD

I’d head over right now. I think they do $30 after 5pm.

2 months later
    #823 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Why does it take this long with nothing when it is the other way???

Why does a dog lick his balls?

Because he can.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfxpinburgh-2018?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.