Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 834 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    41721315_1848359118546672_539543421040197632_n (resized).png
    10A2DFCE-2AA0-405C-AEFD-0F68009E5B8E (resized).jpeg
    54E80045-600C-4D45-AD1A-AF3956A9253B (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4564 (resized).JPG
    dvatkb (resized).jpg
    844EDC94-EDB0-4A0E-A71E-CD08149B873A (resized).jpeg
    99860DE4-2165-4B62-ADCA-54B0B062432D (resized).jpeg
    66A394CC-83AA-4476-BBED-1FA29C0CD2D1 (resized).jpeg
    729ED912-5BDF-4773-BE85-4CB7EC9C54F5 (resized).jpeg
    6547E95B-06DB-42D9-B227-612553059D5D (resized).jpeg
    ECC55324-9250-4DE8-9EDF-695B24C56133 (resized).jpeg
    B9CCAD9B-A60F-41D4-9254-A0980871C3C9 (resized).jpeg
    5E129566-B736-40C8-9C73-6B43DAF0BF71 (resized).jpeg
    CE0EDC7D-6477-4435-A873-D2BB8802D204 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#151 6 years ago

For people suffering from sticker shock on the hotels. Stay on the south side of the river. 10-15 buck Uber ride and like half the price per person if you split the room.

#184 6 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

I guess if you want to assure that the top players are in the tournament

From what I’ve read, this is not a priority of the tournament organizers.

#187 6 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Our current priority is to get as many people into the tournament every year who want to play in it, while still keeping the experience as the best in competitive pinball.
    I wouldn't say that we will 'never' reserve spots in the tournament for players, but it is not something that we currently do.

I personally would like it to stay this way. Just guarantee reigning champ, then let the rest fall as it may.

1 week later
    #256 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

I live in a town with no pinball scene and would like to start up a local league in my basement.

Perfectly fine. If set up with the ifpa, you can even make it private. As long as it’s a league, it doesn’t even need to be open to the public.

If you’re having a tournament it needs to be open to the public. You can make your address private, but if someone contacts you to play, you have to let them to get wpprs. If you do this type of tournament with a private address (not displayed on the ifpa website), you can only have 4 of those a year. If you publically display your address, those are unlimited I believe.

2 months later
    #371 5 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Is it the ReplayFX app? Just want more clarity on how this works...am I going to be scrolling through a list of 800+ names just to find what machine I'm playing?

It’s a website. Pretty user friendly. You can click on a persons name and find where they are currently.

http://pinburgh.com/2017/live/

3 weeks later
    #414 5 years ago
    Quoted from cory_:

Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on airfare yet, but I'm still on the waitlist...
    To anyone who's been waitlisted before, if I'm in the 60s on the waitlist now, a month out, what are the chances I'll actually make the tournament? I know there are typically a lot of first-day noshows due to travel delays/oversleeping/etc, but are 50+ people really not going to show up? Couldn't find a way to check previous years no-show counts via the Pinburgh stats pages.

The show is more than worth the trip even if you don’t get in. So much to do. Plus you have the intergalactic tournament too.

#417 5 years ago
    Quoted from BOHICA:

Would Sunday morning be a good time to attend for access to pins that would normally be tied up in tournaments?

Hell yeah. Or Saturday night.

1 week later
    #446 5 years ago
    Quoted from pghpinfan:

Is Saturday or Sunday AM the best time to go for a few of us wanting as many games available as possible in free play?

Sunday AM

#486 5 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Are we allowed to bring chairs to the tournament? If so, is common for people to bring chairs? Will we typically have enough time between rounds to go to a table and take a load off? Just concerned about my feet holding up for the duration of the tournament.

Yep. I brought a small tripod chair with a back rest and cup holder and carried it everywhere with me. Sit as much as possible.

#496 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballonthemark:

Are we allowed to have Yoga mats or some kind of soft mat to stand on while we are playing in the competition or is that a disadvantage for other players?

Bring one. Stand on it. Cut it out around your feet. Glue to the bottom of your shoe. Done. Haha.

I laughed so hard when TaylorVA said this on his most recent podcast.

#506 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

How much time is there in between rounds? Long enough to go grab a beer....or 3?
    I don’t play well sober.

Pack a backpack with ice packs.

#512 5 years ago

And that’s cool? Yank a bottle out from your backpack and go to town? Or is it one of those hide it in a water bottle things?

I mean don’t be crazy about it. I had beer and my yeti all weekend. It was fine.

#514 5 years ago

You mean like rolling in with 2 thirty packs of Old' Mil Pounders and a lawn chair?

Did we just become best friends? Haha. 30 racks of Busch light for this guy.

#524 5 years ago

Damn. I didn’t get a chance to see it. Was it uploaded anywhere?

#600 5 years ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

I think you guys are talking about different lists. People on the waitlist haven't paid anything. People on the Player list have paid 100 bucks.

The list has moved over 60 spots since Feb. I would say it's moved about 20 in the past month.

No Ryan is talking about the fact that you have to pay $100 to go to replay. A requirement to play in pinburgh. To be on the waitlist for pinburgh it costs nothing.

#603 5 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Is this the proper outline post placement to practice

She tilts if you look at her.

Why is there rubber on the inlane/outlane post?

#674 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

that's good to know though. For the best opp to play as many games in free play, is Sunday the best bet or Sat night?

Saturday night, everything the light touches will be your kingdom.

#719 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Could hang it off the overhead rig that holds the play field cam? The. It would move with that one and always be pointed at the front of the machine.

With how high they had the PF cam that would be difficult. Could lower the PF cam rig and make it work with a long gooseneck camera mount.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfxpinburgh-2018?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.