2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 834 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 71 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    41721315_1848359118546672_539543421040197632_n (resized).png
    10A2DFCE-2AA0-405C-AEFD-0F68009E5B8E (resized).jpeg
    54E80045-600C-4D45-AD1A-AF3956A9253B (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4564 (resized).JPG
    dvatkb (resized).jpg
    844EDC94-EDB0-4A0E-A71E-CD08149B873A (resized).jpeg
    99860DE4-2165-4B62-ADCA-54B0B062432D (resized).jpeg
    66A394CC-83AA-4476-BBED-1FA29C0CD2D1 (resized).jpeg
    729ED912-5BDF-4773-BE85-4CB7EC9C54F5 (resized).jpeg
    6547E95B-06DB-42D9-B227-612553059D5D (resized).jpeg
    ECC55324-9250-4DE8-9EDF-695B24C56133 (resized).jpeg
    B9CCAD9B-A60F-41D4-9254-A0980871C3C9 (resized).jpeg
    5E129566-B736-40C8-9C73-6B43DAF0BF71 (resized).jpeg
    CE0EDC7D-6477-4435-A873-D2BB8802D204 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider black_knight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 2 years ago

seperate, you will need to buy both.

1 week later
    #235 1 year ago

HB, I get your frustration, but you logged on late. Many people that logged on at noon didn't get tix and a handful of pre-sale tix out of 800+ had nothing to do with missing out this year.

#241 1 year ago

Nobody made me believe there wasn't any special treatment, so not sure where you got that.

An event this big always has special treatment for someone. In this case it as for a couple of organizations that help make the show successful, seems reasonable and not worth having to announce publicly.

#250 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Unfortunately, the process isn’t transparent and probably never will be so we may never know for sure.

WTF are you talking about? Are you worried the Russians hacked Showclix or something?

Quoted from Russell:

I ended up #200 on waitlist.

Last year I think they made it through about 235 people on the wait list. But you gotta be there if you want a last minute entry!

2 months later
    #377 1 year ago
    Quoted from greenhorn1:

In a tournament like this that attracts so many people I'm not real keen on doing tiebreakers by initial seeding when so many people don't care about ifpa rank but I can understand wanting to do away with playing games from a logistic standpoint and I guess there really isn't a better solution.

It's the 5th tiebreaker, not the first. Can't really be used that often can it?

1 month later
    #498 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballonthemark:

Are we allowed to have Yoga mats or some kind of soft mat to stand on while we are playing in the competition or is that a disadvantage for other players?

I recommend getting some good shoe inserts instead. Get the heavy duty work work ones and don’t go cheap.

They work just as well and you don’t have to carry a dirty mat around for days and annoy everyone else with it.

1 week later
    #553 1 year ago

Official answers:
    You must start the round within 10 minutes of the announced start, or you can be disqualified.
    There is a 60 second intentional delay of game rule in the Papa Rulebook, you should review.

Real world answer:
    Don't worry too much about it. If you don't know the machine at the start of the round, no cramming is really going to help. Figure out 1 or 2 simple objectives, like get multi-ball or qualify a jackpot. Stick with those, and don't get fancy. The machines are set up way harder than you have ever played them, so odds of you getting through a lot of different scenarios are low. You will be thrashing a lot, so just keep it alive.

If this is your first Pinburgh, I'd apply that real world answer to about everything for the weekend. Don't worry about it, you aren't going to win, so just enjoy the experience.

Don't worry about all the intricacies of the tournament, it will all make sense when you are there. Just show up on time, wear good shoes, drink lots of water, and you'll have a great time.

#557 1 year ago

https://papa.org/competitions/competition-rules/

5. Intentional Delays
    No player may delay their game for more than 60 seconds, except to await a ruling or resolution of an
    environmental inconvenience. Environmental inconvenience is defined as any condition which can reasonably be
    expected to be resolved quickly, such as unusual noise, lighting problems other than sunlight, or repairs to an
    immediately adjacent machine. No player may wait for more that 60 seconds from the end of the previous player’s
    turn to begin their turn. The first violation as witnessed by a Tournament Director will result in a warning. A second
    violation and all subsequent violations of this rule during a tournament will result in a score of zero on that game
    for the player.
    Intentional delay is defined as time when the player is intentionally making no progress towards in-game objectives,
    including but not limited to time during which the ball is left in the plunger lane, held on a flipper, or passed from
    one flipper to another. Stuck balls do not count as intentional delays. Holding one or more ball(s) while one or more
    ball(s) remain in play does not count as intentional delay.
    A player may not intentionally cause a ball search in order to activate any feature of the game. A player is permitted
    to wait a reasonable amount of time, as determined by the tournament director, for a tilt mechanism to settle.

Also see... https://papa.org/competitions/competition-rules/pinburgh-rules/

1 week later
    #639 1 year ago

Sorry, I don't need any Euros, my next trip was just canceled.

I know it doesn't help you 'get rid' of the 500, but you are better off getting USD from an ATM than exchanging them with a person. The exchange rate and transaction fees are usually much better when doing it electronically. Get more than you might need, then use any leftover cash to pay your hotel bill.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 78.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 26.95
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Game Room Info Shop
    £ 89.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 135.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.99
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    £ 99.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 339.00
    $ 149.99
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider black_knight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside