Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 834 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    41721315_1848359118546672_539543421040197632_n (resized).png
    10A2DFCE-2AA0-405C-AEFD-0F68009E5B8E (resized).jpeg
    54E80045-600C-4D45-AD1A-AF3956A9253B (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4564 (resized).JPG
    dvatkb (resized).jpg
    844EDC94-EDB0-4A0E-A71E-CD08149B873A (resized).jpeg
    99860DE4-2165-4B62-ADCA-54B0B062432D (resized).jpeg
    66A394CC-83AA-4476-BBED-1FA29C0CD2D1 (resized).jpeg
    729ED912-5BDF-4773-BE85-4CB7EC9C54F5 (resized).jpeg
    6547E95B-06DB-42D9-B227-612553059D5D (resized).jpeg
    ECC55324-9250-4DE8-9EDF-695B24C56133 (resized).jpeg
    B9CCAD9B-A60F-41D4-9254-A0980871C3C9 (resized).jpeg
    5E129566-B736-40C8-9C73-6B43DAF0BF71 (resized).jpeg
    CE0EDC7D-6477-4435-A873-D2BB8802D204 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VectorGamer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I searched the forums and couldn't find a thread for this year's event.

Can someone confirm that Pinburgh registration will be posted at this link?:
    https://replayfx.org/buy-tickets/

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanic:

Hi, I am from Germany and think to join pinburgh tournament
    I heard, that it could be possible that all 800 entrys could be sold some minutes after ticket sale starts, Is this right?
    If i register in time, how long is deadline to proceed payment?

This will be my first year registering for the tournament. I've heard people say that it sells out in 15 minutes. At least they're bumping the field up to 840 entries this year.

#16 6 years ago

Just to be clear: if I buy a ticket to play in Pinburgh does that also give me entry to ReplayFX? Or do I need to additionally purchase a weekend pass for entry into ReplayFX?

#19 6 years ago

Just read on Replay's www that the arcade tournament is free. Last year I think they gave you 4 entries and then you had to pay for like 50 more. I plan on playing in the arcade tournament when not playing in Pinburgh so I'll be camping out at the convention center all day eating the delicious food they have to offer.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Does that mean you're playing in Pinburgh?

I'm hoping to. I thought Pinburgh wrapped up around 7 PM on Thurs and Fri which leaves me time to play in the arcade tournament the rest of the night. And then I'll have all day Sat for the arcade tournament.

Someone correct me on the scheduling if need be.

#26 6 years ago

Any you guys able to shed some light on the specifics come tournament day? How do they communicate to the players as to which bank of machines they are to be playing and when?

#40 6 years ago

Wow sorry to hear that guys. I set the page up on my laptop ahead of time and an alarm on my phone and refreshed the page at exactly noon. Got my tix.

#78 6 years ago

A good hotel to stay at is the Hampton on Smallman St. I've stayed there for every ReplayFX. It's only 2 blocks from conv center. Hot breakfast, hot tub, indoor pool and weight room.

#182 6 years ago

I guess if you want to assure that the top players are in the tournament then you reserve x amount of spots and make tickets available to the top x finishers from the previous year's tournament first - say a month prior to when tickets go public. Whatever doesn't get purchased by top x players goes on sale to the public.

1 week later
    #263 6 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

In other show news:
    Super MadNES will be performing at 3:30pm on Friday, July 27 at Replay FX 2018!
    These guys are pretty awesome!

I like taking a load off occasionally, drink a Lager and just listen to the music. There was a band there the first year that was outstanding - I wish I knew who it was. I think I may have a video snippet of them performing

1 month later
    #318 6 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

So have attendance numbers ever been posted for the past 3 shows?

Quoted from flynnibus:

That of course would be proprietary information - not public.

How about just giving us the percentages?

#321 5 years ago

I just saw someone post on KLOV that the arcade tournament was cancelled due to "limited interest." How did they gauge that there was limited interest in the tournament?

The competition was removed from the website.

That really sucks...

4 weeks later
    #335 5 years ago

So I read in the rules that you have to check in by 9:30 AM. Are there detailed instructions for the newcomers for checking in? As I understand we first have to get our wrist bands for the ReplayFX expo itself before checking into Pinburgh, is that correct? And where do we check in for Pinburgh?

#337 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

You get your bands WHEN you check in for pinburgh.

So I need my expo tickets and Pinburgh ticket and I check in at one spot for both?

1 week later
    #370 5 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Also, 95% of everyone there will be looking at their phones once the new groups get posted (moments before it starts).

Is it the ReplayFX app? Just want more clarity on how this works...am I going to be scrolling through a list of 800+ names just to find what machine I'm playing?

3 weeks later
    #411 5 years ago

I've been to every ReplayFX so far but this is my first year playing in Pinburgh. Previous years I would do sightseeing around the area (and made a trip to Cleveland one year to see the Rock Hall) and then hit ReplayFX up for the night. In previous years they had evening discounts I think if you show up after 8:30 (someone confirm that) but the show runs until like 1 AM (someone confirm that too - not seeing on the schedule when doors close).

Lines are usually on the new machines. This isn't a problem for me though since I usually just walk around and jump on something that is available to play. I don't recall ever walking around and every machine being in use and nothing available to play.

#pinball #beer

1 week later
    #485 5 years ago

Are we allowed to bring chairs to the tournament? If so, is common for people to bring chairs? Will we typically have enough time between rounds to go to a table and take a load off? Just concerned about my feet holding up for the duration of the tournament.

#490 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

There are actually quite a lot of chairs/tables around the tournament area. If you check out the pictures I posted yesterday, there's a number of round tables in the middle, and a row down each side with a bunch of chairs. There's also places outside the hall you can go to and sit down (various benches and chairs) since the tournament runs on a schedule and you'll know when the next round starts. Depending on how long your group runs you'll usually have a decent amount of time between rounds to take a break.

I remember for finals they had seats for spectators in front of the stage. Will that be setup on Thursday and Friday?

#528 5 years ago

Are there officials that roam the floor during the tournament? For example, if I get a stuck ball and I raise my hand is there someone nearby to address?

#530 5 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

At the end of the game aisle there is a button you can press that lights up a sign and they will come over

And if it's a situation where you can't walk away from the machine then someone from your group should take care of it, right? For example, a stuck ball during multiball...

#551 5 years ago

How much time is permitted for a player to read the instruction card and study the playfield before they have to plunge their ball? And is this only permitted before the first ball?

#554 5 years ago

I couldn't find the answer.

I personally don't do this. I pretty much just plunge and try to figure things out as I play. This may not be to my advantage but I'm not into cramming before I play.

I've seen other players do this at tournaments, and was wondering how much time I give a player before I ask them as politely as possible to get a move on.

#571 5 years ago

How about restaurant recommendations within walking distance of the convention center?

#575 5 years ago

I always eat at Crystal On Penn. According to Google Maps it's a 6-8 minute walk from the convention center.

#625 5 years ago

Is there a URL that we can point people to follow the tournament?

#627 5 years ago

In about 24 hours I will be hitting the road for Pittsburgh.

Safe travels everyone, good luck and have a great time!

1 month later
    #784 5 years ago

Eagerly awaiting my .1 for finishing close to last place...

#803 5 years ago

0.3 for me

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VectorGamer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfxpinburgh-2018?tu=VectorGamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.