2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 834 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 71 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    41721315_1848359118546672_539543421040197632_n (resized).png
    10A2DFCE-2AA0-405C-AEFD-0F68009E5B8E (resized).jpeg
    54E80045-600C-4D45-AD1A-AF3956A9253B (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4564 (resized).JPG
    dvatkb (resized).jpg
    844EDC94-EDB0-4A0E-A71E-CD08149B873A (resized).jpeg
    99860DE4-2165-4B62-ADCA-54B0B062432D (resized).jpeg
    66A394CC-83AA-4476-BBED-1FA29C0CD2D1 (resized).jpeg
    729ED912-5BDF-4773-BE85-4CB7EC9C54F5 (resized).jpeg
    6547E95B-06DB-42D9-B227-612553059D5D (resized).jpeg
    ECC55324-9250-4DE8-9EDF-695B24C56133 (resized).jpeg
    B9CCAD9B-A60F-41D4-9254-A0980871C3C9 (resized).jpeg
    5E129566-B736-40C8-9C73-6B43DAF0BF71 (resized).jpeg
    CE0EDC7D-6477-4435-A873-D2BB8802D204 (resized).jpeg

There are 834 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 17.
    #51 2 years ago

Is there only one type of full event pass this year? I don't see the VIP versions this year.

#52 2 years ago

ninjadoug - Can you shed some light on what the story is for Pinburgh tickets?

#53 2 years ago

Eric >> Based on my experience with music and collectible posters >>>

Multiple people work as a team to cart tickets. In some cases they all get them in the cart.
    Once in the cart you have 15 minutes to complete the check out.

If one person gets through the check out, then their buddy often cancels the order they have in the cart. Those tickets then go back in the allotment.
    Sometimes people get hung up in the cart process or dont complete/cancel. Systems typically are set to refresh allotments every 10, 15, 20 minutes. that makes any tickets not completed through the process available again for someone to put in their cart.

Good luck and keep trying. I also would get on the waitlist ASAP since there are chances some people bought multiples with their buddies and will get te second set canceled. I assume those will go to the waitlist.

#54 2 years ago

Got mine at 12:00, friend of mine got theirs at 12:20 after several tries.

#55 2 years ago

I got mine. I was watching that damn site like a hawk.

I was at work talking to customers and checking them in while registering.

but yeah get on the waitlist and keep checking today cause I know spots will open up because they always do.

I'm pumped I had to miss it the last 2 years and I cant wait. I really love this format for a tournament

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

ninjadoug - Can you shed some light on what the story is for Pinburgh tickets?

All the tickets were in the checkout process about 30-45 seconds after they went on sale. So the site lists them as sold out.

If someone cancels the checkout process, or payment fails those are released back into the available pool.

We are not releasing tickets in batches, they all went on sale at noon today. If you still want in, join the waitlist. There will be some cancellations.

#57 2 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

All the tickets were in the checkout process about 30-45 seconds after they went on sale. So the site lists them as sold out.
    If someone cancels the checkout process, or payment fails those are released back into the available pool.
    We are not releasing tickets in batches, they all went on sale at noon today. If you still want in, join the waitlist. There will be some cancellations.

5 tickets at a time seems like it ruined availability immediately. Just curious, why the move to 5 at once?

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

When will the waitlist be updated on the website? It would be nice to know approximately where everyone is slated in the waitlist for determining to take a chance on selecting vacation days, hotel reservations, travel arrangements, etc.

#59 2 years ago

Got 2 tickets for me and the lady I lay with. Bought them exactly at 12 using my cell phone as a hot spot. First time going. Pretty excited.

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

5 tickets at a time seems like it ruined availability immediately. Just curious, why the move to 5 at once?

well, by my math if they had only allowed two at once, tickets would have lasted 1 minute 15 seconds, instead of 30 seconds.

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

First time going. Pretty excited.

You are going to have a great time! It's a fun competition!

#62 2 years ago

So what’s up with the Westin? No discount this year?

#63 2 years ago

maybe they should increase the field to 5,000. That way people would have a good 3 minutes to sign up.

#64 2 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

well, by my math if they had only allowed two at once, tickets would have lasted 1 minute 15 seconds, instead of 30 seconds.

It wasn't even 30 seconds here. We had several people trying and they were never available.

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

For the last two years we have done this.

There were also 140 more tickets available this year vs last year when we went on sale.

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

When will the waitlist be updated on the website? It would be nice to know approximately everyone is slated in the waitlist for determining to take a chance on selecting vacation days, hotel reservations, travel arrangements, etc.

We usually post it a few days after initial ticket sales. We have to update it manually and there is a lot of movement and cancellations within the first few days after tickets sell out.

#67 2 years ago

Folks wondering why this sold out so quick?.... Have you noticed the boom in this hobby? Just check prices of machines for sale,Mehta should indicate just how many people are into pinball let alone a sell out of Pinburgh in under 1 minute. Next year may sell out out in 7 seconds.

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

Folks wondering why this sold out so quick?.... Have you noticed the boom in this hobby? Just check prices of machines for sale,Mehta should indicate just how many people are into pinball let alone a sell out of Pinburgh in under 1 minute. Next year may sell out out in 7 seconds.

Pinburgh has sold out every year for the past 7 years. Quicker and quicker every year.

#69 2 years ago

2584wn (resized).jpg

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Pinburgh has sold out every year for the past 7 years. Quicker and quicker every year.

I hear that next year is already sold out!

#71 2 years ago

I have to say that it kinda sucks that I was able to get on the waitlist with confirmation of that at 12:07 and apparently more tickets were sold after that. There has to be a better way....

#72 2 years ago

Wow. Just reading all of this.
    My brother and I each nabbed two tickets as soon as the clock hit 11:00 central.
    Last year we were on the wait list, but we still made it in.
    Crazy how popular this event is.
    This will be our third one.
    My son won B division two years ago and we have a great time every year.

#73 2 years ago

I like the fact that you can buy more than one ticket. I've never been to Pinburgh, nor have the other two people I bought tickets for today. If we all had to fight to get them separately, it's possible that one of us wouldn't have been able to get a ticket. I would rather have all of us get a ticket or none of us get a ticket. That way one person isn't standing on the sidelines while the rest of their friends get to play in the tournament.

Anyway, that's just my thought. I'm really excited to check out Pinburgh and ReplayFX. I've never been there before....

#74 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I like the fact that you can buy more than one ticket. I've never been to Pinburgh, nor have the other two people I bought tickets for today. If we all had to fight to get them separately, it's possible that one of us wouldn't have been able to get a ticket. I would rather have all of us get a ticket or none of us get a ticket. That way one person isn't standing on the sidelines while the rest of their friends get to play in the tournament.

Exactly, five is the perfect number for this. Especially since it's not like people can go to stub hub and sell the tickets for twice the price.

#75 2 years ago

I refreshed my browser as soon as it turned 12 and they were available. My buddy checked a few minutes later and they were gone. Then he kept refreshing and finally got them. I was surprised it sold out so fast with the tickets not being 100% refundable for the first few months like in years past.

#76 2 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

I was surprised it sold out so fast with the tickets not being 100% refundable for the first few months like in years past.

I saw that too, had to do a double take.

#77 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Was anyone actually successful in getting a Pinburgh ticket?

I got one and I'm not even going. A couple of friends tried right away and were shut out, so I gave it a try too and finally got one. Then I talked to one of them on the phone and entered in his info to pay for it and register.

I feel like I've done my good deed for the day.

#78 2 years ago

A good hotel to stay at is the Hampton on Smallman St. I've stayed there for every ReplayFX. It's only 2 blocks from conv center. Hot breakfast, hot tub, indoor pool and weight room.

#79 2 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

A good hotel to stay at is the Hampton on Smallman St. I've stayed there for every ReplayFX. It's only 2 blocks from conv center. Hot breakfast, hot tub, indoor pool and weight room.

And only about a hundred bucks more a night than the show rate?

#80 2 years ago

I guess it depends on which side of the coin you fell on whether you see this as a good deed or not. I got 3 for me, my son and a buddy... so I see your actions as a good deed. But I will say for sure that there are dozens (if not hundreds) that got shut out and were trying frantically to get a ticket for themself without any help from others. I think these people won’t see you in the same positive light.
    I’m not trying to pick on you John, because I would have done the same thing. But certainly 2018 will go down as the year that pinburgh ticket sales reached the tipping point and I’d be very surprised if something doesn’t change for 2019. Demand is crazy high and if big name players end up not getting entry it will water down the A division and put a different light on the whole tournament, ultimately turning it into more of a public show instead of a premier tournament.

#81 2 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Wow. Just reading all of this.
    My brother and I each nabbed two tickets as soon as the clock hit 11:00 central.
    Last year we were on the wait list, but we still made it in.
    Crazy how popular this event is.
    This will be our third one.
    My son won B division two years ago and we have a great time every year.

see you there!

#82 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

I guess it depends on which side of the coin you fell on whether you see this as a good deed or not. I got 3 for me, my son and a buddy... so I see your actions as a good deed. But I will say for sure that there are dozens (if not hundreds) that got shut out and were trying frantically to get a ticket for themself without any help from others. I think these people won’t see you in the same positive light.
    I’m not trying to pick on you John, because I would have done the same thing. But certainly 2018 will go down as the year that pinburgh ticket sales reached the tipping point and I’d be very surprised if something doesn’t change for 2019. Demand is crazy high and if big name players end up not getting entry it will water down the A division and put a different light on the whole tournament, ultimately turning it into more of a public show instead of a premier tournament.

I didn't even start trying until after 11:15 and I only got 1 even though I know more people who were still trying to get one. If anyone has a problem with that, I guess they should find better friends like me.

#83 2 years ago

Selling out in 1 minute = prices too low.

Everyone seems to be envious of the esports prize pools, this is how you juice it up. Won't it be great to announce $1,000,000 in prizes one day? Just saying.

#84 2 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I didn't even start trying until after 11:15 and I only got 1 even though I know more people who were still trying to get one. If anyone has a problem with that, I guess they should find better friends like me.

I definitely want to be on Team LesManley next year... I’ll take every advantage I can get!!

#85 2 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Can’t follow this argument ...

If you could only buy one ticket, then you’d have 840+ people all logging on at the same time, and you’d still get the same result.

Multiple sales help out guys like me and Colin McAlpine who bring a family ... I needed three tickets, if I only managed to get one then not much point travelling half way around the world.

rd

#86 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

I definitely want to be on Team LesManley next year... I’ll take every advantage I can get!!

1f77ab5e-db11-4a1f-ac5e-341c2f76743a_text_hi (resized).png

#87 2 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

That's a controversial opinion, but I think I agree. $120 for a guaranteed 40 games of world-class competitive pinball is cheap, when you compare it to a standard pump & dump HERB-style tourney. I don't think anyone can complain if the cost goes up to, say, $150 per person.

#88 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

That's a controversial opinion, but I think I agree. $120 for a guaranteed 40 games of world-class competitive pinball is cheap, when you compare it to a standard pump & dump HERB-style tourney. I don't think anyone can complain if the cost goes up to, say, $150 per person.

I know the PAPA guys have spoken up about this in the past, their discomfort, trying to make it "pinball for all". But I'll suggest maybe it's time to position Pinburgh/ReplayFX as the superbowl of pinball, and embrace that part of it. And the spin off benefit it will generate for all of pinball, that there is this crazy large big money tournament. "Pinball for all" applies to local leagues, tournaments, playing route games for a buck, and people who dream of making it to pinburgh. Just my opinion and I acknowledge not all share it.

#89 2 years ago

there was information, that there was an hotel information which should be provided same time ticket sale started. I can not find it

#91 2 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Everyone seems to be envious of the esports prize pools, this is how you juice it up. Won't it be great to announce $1,000,000 in prizes one day? Just saying.

But if they increased the price by a dollar... we'd have entire states complain about how we are just lining the pockets of the top players

#92 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

But if they increased the price by a dollar... we'd have entire states complain about how we are just lining the pockets of the top players

Yeah, but it would free up a ton of slots when the Wisconsin ( ) contingent chooses to stay home!

#93 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Yeah, but it would free up a ton of slots when the Wisconsin ( ) contingent chooses to stay home!

sorry, tough titty...

we will be there...

#94 2 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry, tough titty...
    we will be there...

Did you enter your IPFA number to collect the juicy Whoppers?

rd

#95 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Did you enter your IPFA number to collect the juicy Whoppers?
    rd

But of course. Paid for it, so might as well take those juicy bois.

#96 2 years ago

I guess the question to be asked (and I saw it mentioned above)

How many of the A players did not get a ticket?

If any of the top tier miss out, are they just sitting on sidelines?

I got a tourney spot, so I'm not upset, but I'd be curious to see if anything was done (or will be done) if one of those guys/gals pushes hard enough.

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

I guess the question to be asked (and I saw it mentioned above)
    How many of the A players did not get a ticket?
    If any of the top tier miss out, are they just sitting on sidelines?
    I got a tourney spot, so I'm not upset, but I'd be curious to see if anything was done (or will be done) if one of those guys/gals pushes hard enough.

Why should they get any benefit over everyone else? This is pinball competition for the masses, not only the top 800 in the world ifpa rankings.

#98 2 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Why should they get any benefit over everyone else? This is pinball competition for the masses, not only the top 800 in the world ifpa rankings.

I agree 100%

That's why I post the question. Not accusing anyone of any foul play, but if any of the upper echelon got snubbed by the quick sellout and was upset by it, would the pinburgh crew do anything differently?

#99 2 years ago

What Is the upper echelon?

Top 50, 200, 500, 800?

How and where do you draw the line?

#100 2 years ago

I agree, it is simple economics, in order to curb demand you increase prices. If a ticket was say $250 that might be enough lower the demand. At the same time you are also making it unaffordable maybe to the average person or to families that come out but if you cannot increase event size this may be a good solution in the future. It should also increase the size of prizing which gives the event an even bigger profile.

Quoted from frolic:

I know the PAPA guys have spoken up about this in the past, their discomfort, trying to make it "pinball for all". But I'll suggest maybe it's time to position Pinburgh/ReplayFX as the superbowl of pinball, and embrace that part of it. And the spin off benefit it will generate for all of pinball, that there is this crazy large big money tournament. "Pinball for all" applies to local leagues, tournaments, playing route games for a buck, and people who dream of making it to pinburgh. Just my opinion and I acknowledge not all share it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 4.95
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 52.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 89.00
    $ 11.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop
    $ 339.00
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Latenight Weeknight Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Lighting - Led
    Pinshakers
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    There are 834 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside