Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 834 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    41721315_1848359118546672_539543421040197632_n (resized).png
    10A2DFCE-2AA0-405C-AEFD-0F68009E5B8E (resized).jpeg
    54E80045-600C-4D45-AD1A-AF3956A9253B (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4564 (resized).JPG
    dvatkb (resized).jpg
    844EDC94-EDB0-4A0E-A71E-CD08149B873A (resized).jpeg
    99860DE4-2165-4B62-ADCA-54B0B062432D (resized).jpeg
    66A394CC-83AA-4476-BBED-1FA29C0CD2D1 (resized).jpeg
    729ED912-5BDF-4773-BE85-4CB7EC9C54F5 (resized).jpeg
    6547E95B-06DB-42D9-B227-612553059D5D (resized).jpeg
    ECC55324-9250-4DE8-9EDF-695B24C56133 (resized).jpeg
    B9CCAD9B-A60F-41D4-9254-A0980871C3C9 (resized).jpeg
    5E129566-B736-40C8-9C73-6B43DAF0BF71 (resized).jpeg
    CE0EDC7D-6477-4435-A873-D2BB8802D204 (resized).jpeg
    There are 834 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 17.
    #751 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Fun time!
    Thx to all the hosts,tds, and esp the techs forwhat you all do. Tech crew was on top of shit this year!

What. We weren't on top it all every other year??

I did help that we had several more awesome techs join us this year.

seceral - several is better

#752 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Will there be any of the crazy fun hacked up games like last year?
    Simon says pinball, bike pinball, etc...?
    We loved these and I need some more of this!!!

Sorry, I didn't bring my Pedal Powered Pinball this year.
    Maybe next year.
    And maybe something to compliment it

#753 5 years ago

i really enjoyed playing dollar games called "stall ball" that was a blast.

basically you have to put the ball somewhere where its "stalls" like a saucer or scoop then get out of the way and the next person jumps in. last one standing wins the dollars.

#754 5 years ago

basically you have to put the ball somewhere where its "stalls" like a saucer or scoop then get out of the way and the next person jumps in. last one standing wins the dollars.</blockquote

Sounds like a fun group activity. Will try it out.

#755 5 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

basically you have to put the ball somewhere where its "stalls" like a saucer or scoop then get out of the way and the next person jumps in. last one standing wins the dollars.

wondered what that was!

Sounds great!

We shall run one of these at our next event!

Did they have the game set on 10 ball? what happens when the game ends? just start a new one?

Gimme the full rules please

#756 5 years ago

Is there a link for what I need to do for prize money? I've searched around but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I qualified for B finals but lost in the first round. It was still a blast. So much pinball over a 4 day period, but I wanted more pinball when it was all said and done. I need to work on the older games cause some of those things just killed me.

#757 5 years ago
    Quoted from ercvacation:

Is there a link for what I need to do for prize money? I've searched around but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I qualified for B finals but lost in the first round. It was still a blast. So much pinball over a 4 day period, but I wanted more pinball when it was all said and done. I need to work on the older games cause some of those things just killed me.

I'd start here - https://www.replayfx.org/prizes/

#758 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

wondered what that was!
    Sounds great!
    Did they have the game set on 10 ball? what happens when the game ends? just start a new one?

From what I saw and overheard on Friday night, you load the game up with a 4 player game if possible. If you drain, your out, so you either "stall" or are eliminated. Points/player numbers don't matter, so if you've got to re-credit it doesn't make much of a difference.

I think the other rule was you enter from the left of the machine and exit from the right. That didn't seem to matter as much when a small group (6 or so) of my friends were doing it.

It was insanely fun to watch, bummed I didn't actually get in on any play. Ikept thinking, well I can do that later, I've still got some machines to check out. Turns out it's pretty hard to play everything there, especially in a day and a half!

#759 5 years ago

Thanks! I was looking under Pinburgh and nothing came up.

#760 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

wondered what that was!
    Sounds great!

yeah its pretty straight forward as cabuford stated.

4 player game, you are knocked out if you drain/tilt. We never had to re-coin up a game but that was the rule is start a new game. Draining in a multiball does not count as a stall.

so basically scoops, saucers, things like the moat in MM. We counted magnet holds as well

we entered from the right exited the left but you could do whatever you want. we also tried it as a 2 strikes for 2 bucks a few games.

#761 5 years ago

yeah its pretty straight forward as cabuford stated.
    4 player game, you are knocked out if you drain/tilt. We never had to re-coin up a game but that was the rule is start a new game. Draining in a multiball does not count as a stall.
    so basically scoops, saucers, things like the moat in MM. We counted magnet holds as well
    we entered from the right exited the left but you could do whatever you want. we also tried it as a 2 strikes for 2 bucks a few games.

what if you get a stall place with one ball in multiball, you move and the next person takes over with the other still live?

#762 5 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

what if you get a stall place with one ball in multiball, you move and the next person takes over with the other still live?

Seems like you could house-rule this either way.

1. During multiball, any ball 'stalled' gives you the right to return to the end of the line, if balls drain, big deal, your stalled one is still there.

or

2. Drain the multiball while trying to keep one, and then go back to normal

#763 5 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

I also wonder if they can keep the open signup system if it sells out in even fewer than 40 seconds next time. Inevitably top players will miss out.
    I wonder if they could do it like big tennis tournaments - say, top 500 get invites and the remaining slots are filled with open entries, maybe with a lottery system, since it’s not practical to hold a qualifying pre-tournament.

pretty sure it will always be open.

#764 5 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

I’d love to see tilt bob cams added to the mix.

pointless waste of a camera!

#765 5 years ago

Multiball you have to drain down to 1 ball and stall

#766 5 years ago

its up to you how we played in multiball. I let the extra balls drain and then stalled to make it harder for the next person so they werent still in multiball

#767 5 years ago

Just had to say it was great meeting and hanging out with everyone

Pinburgh was better than I could have imagined. I wish I played better Friday but I had a blast. Playing tons of arcades on top of pinball was nice.

But the staff and everything they did was nothing short of amazing. Thank you guys and I'll be back next year.

Also damn those techs were great, even with games on the floor. If something was down good chance it was up within the next hour

#768 5 years ago

I was the next to last person from the wait list selected and my friend was the last one. As we were off to the side and they were calling out names to double check they realized they had pulled one too many players. My friend was told sorry and his weekend was dashed. As we were leaving that area and being led to the area to pay, one of the guys in the group said that he would opt out so my friend could play. "He came from Arizona." was this person's reasoning and I think they were a local player. It was sort of a whirlwind at that point as we were being ushered into the cashier area, so I lost track of this person quickly. Whoever that was, I'd like to make contact so say thanks. It was a very kind gesture that I can promise made his weekend.

Neither of us went there expecting to get in, but when they said they were talking 34 (!!!!!) players from the wait list we looked at each other thinking maybe there is a chance. So in case this person is never found, the community knows that there was a very kind opportunity presented to a friend of mine and he is very appreciative.

#769 5 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

Just had to say it was great meeting and hanging out with everyone
    Pinburgh was better than I could have imagined. I wish I played better Friday but I had a blast. Playing tons of arcades on top of pinball was nice.
    But the staff and everything they did was nothing short of amazing. Thank you guys and I'll be back next year.
    Also damn those techs were great, even with games on the floor. If something was down good chance it was up within the next hour

Nice meeting u and playing w u!

#770 5 years ago

For Stall Ball, in Multi Ball, we found it easier to stall any ball, especially when playing with newer people. It’s hard to try and get them to drain down to 1 ball.

Our group skipped stall ball at Pinburgh. Instead during the final round Saturday night we started playing $10 a person games. We played over 5 games where the pot was larger than $50. This was pretty intense and fun. Hell even Todd MacCulluch joined in on the fun. Some of the games included Lizard, Andromeda, Dragon (Interflip), 6 million dollar man, 300, and Super Flight 2000.

10A2DFCE-2AA0-405C-AEFD-0F68009E5B8E (resized).jpeg10A2DFCE-2AA0-405C-AEFD-0F68009E5B8E (resized).jpeg54E80045-600C-4D45-AD1A-AF3956A9253B (resized).jpeg54E80045-600C-4D45-AD1A-AF3956A9253B (resized).jpeg
    #771 5 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Some of the games included Lizard, Andromeda, Dragon (Interflip), 6 million dollar man, 300, and Super Flight 2000. [quoted image][quoted image]

No Target Pool?

#772 5 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

No Target Pool?

Hah, we did not make our way to Target Pool!

#773 5 years ago

Gary talks verry interesting and enjoyable about the story of Williams and Stern pinball during Pinburgh 2018. Filmed with 2 Cams

2 weeks later
    #774 5 years ago

So, eh, I guess the folks at Replay are a little backlogged? Haven't seen updates to IFPA stats for anyone yet, nor received email confirmation for prize money.

Anyone hear anything yet?

#775 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

So, eh, I guess the folks at Replay are a little backlogged? Haven't seen updates to IFPA stats for anyone yet, nor received email confirmation for prize money.

It’s a slow process. Patience is a virtue.

1 week later
    #776 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Haven't seen updates to IFPA stats for anyone yet, nor received email confirmation for prize money.

For reference, last year's payouts were paid out withing 60 days of the event. I don't remember the exact day in September, but it was in September.

2 weeks later
    #777 5 years ago

41721315_1848359118546672_539543421040197632_n (resized).png41721315_1848359118546672_539543421040197632_n (resized).png

results should pop up today, wonder when payouts will come, hopefully not too far behind!

#778 5 years ago

[quoted image]
    results should pop up today, wonder when payouts will come, hopefully not too far behind!

How did you end up with the confirmation email?

#779 5 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

How did you end up with the confirmation email?

i saved the image from the IFPA facebook post is all.

#780 5 years ago

i saved the image from the IFPA facebook post is all.

Oh, ok. Hadn’t seen that

#781 5 years ago

Results won't pop up until we receive the $831 in endorsement fees. It's currently pending on our side until then.

#782 5 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Results won't pop up until we receive the $831 in endorsement fees. It's currently pending on our side until then.

I paid my dollar

#783 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I paid my dollar

Printing this out and putting it on my wall . . . who would have thought

#784 5 years ago

Eagerly awaiting my .1 for finishing close to last place...

#785 5 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Printing this out and putting it on my wall . . . who would have thought

It should get printed on the back of the team Josh shirts.

#786 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

It should get printed on the back of the team Josh shirts.

Maybe a new Hilton shirt. “Hey, It’s Only a Dollar!

#787 5 years ago

I think we can all agree that the one dollar fee has ruined competitive pinball.

#788 5 years ago

It's only a dollar... .

#789 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

It's only a dollar... .

They sure do add up!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #790 5 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

They sure do add up![quoted image]

Out of curiosity, where did the ten cents come from? I'd figure the gross would be a whole number.

#791 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Out of curiosity, where did the ten cents come from? I'd figure the gross would be a whole number.

Accumulated interest

#792 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

At first I wondered the same thing, but it’s totally the currency translation from all the CAD payments. The Provinces all pay CAD$1 per player.

#793 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

I think we can all agree that the one dollar fee has ruined competitive pinball.

Lmao. Good luck at Titletown today.

#794 5 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

At first I wondered the same thing, but it’s totally the currency translation from all the CAD payments. The Provinces all pay CAD$1 per player.

Well, that doesn't help with any conspiracy theories.

#796 5 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Sorry ‘bout that. Some of those devalued loonies were mine

Can’t wait for the pinburgh points to be posted. It’s like waiting for that package in the mail...

#797 5 years ago

It seems strange that the Pinburgh folks have not paid the $1 per person IFPA entry fee. We all paid our admission a long time ago... ninjadoug

#798 5 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

It seems strange that the Pinburgh folks have not paid the $1 per person IFPA entry fee. We all paid our admission a long time ago... ninjadoug

To do so first requires sorting out the results and player counts. Replay is also not just some dude with a envelope of cash. They have accounting, different people involved etc. So now that they finalized the ifpa submission... I’d wager a request went from minion 1... to minion 2 requesting them to pay ifpa $831. Now minion 2has to work out how to do that in their system. Cut a check, whatever.

#799 5 years ago

WPPR-itis is real , affecting everyone waiting for WPPR points to show up.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #800 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

To do so first requires sorting out the results and player counts. Replay is also not just some dude with a envelope of cash. They have accounting, different people involved etc. So now that they finalized the ifpa submission... I’d wager a request went from minion 1... to minion 2 requesting them to pay ifpa $831. Now minion 2has to work out how to do that in their system. Cut a check, whatever.

It's something like this. As an actual organization, there are procedures for everything!

There are 834 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfxpinburgh-2018/page/16?hl=vectorgamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.