Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 834 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    41721315_1848359118546672_539543421040197632_n (resized).png
    10A2DFCE-2AA0-405C-AEFD-0F68009E5B8E (resized).jpeg
    54E80045-600C-4D45-AD1A-AF3956A9253B (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4564 (resized).JPG
    dvatkb (resized).jpg
    844EDC94-EDB0-4A0E-A71E-CD08149B873A (resized).jpeg
    99860DE4-2165-4B62-ADCA-54B0B062432D (resized).jpeg
    66A394CC-83AA-4476-BBED-1FA29C0CD2D1 (resized).jpeg
    729ED912-5BDF-4773-BE85-4CB7EC9C54F5 (resized).jpeg
    6547E95B-06DB-42D9-B227-612553059D5D (resized).jpeg
    ECC55324-9250-4DE8-9EDF-695B24C56133 (resized).jpeg
    B9CCAD9B-A60F-41D4-9254-A0980871C3C9 (resized).jpeg
    5E129566-B736-40C8-9C73-6B43DAF0BF71 (resized).jpeg
    CE0EDC7D-6477-4435-A873-D2BB8802D204 (resized).jpeg
    There are 834 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 17.
    #701 5 years ago

The Stormtrooper division finals are in full swing.

A0EA6291-38D3-480F-A97C-A99530907170 (resized).jpegA0EA6291-38D3-480F-A97C-A99530907170 (resized).jpeg

#702 5 years ago

Live streaming link?

Anyone?

#704 5 years ago

It sounds like the stream will start at the quarterfinals (I'm hoping for earlier). You can find live results here until the stream starts:

https://results.papa.org/#/results-finals-rounds

#705 5 years ago

....and just like that, *boom*. Over and done. Made C-Division finals but was edged out by the thinnest of margins on the last game (Space Shuttle). But hey, happy to have won the $200 for the effort.

Before I head out for a much-deserved beer and delicious lunch, this flood of thoughts must pour out...

Competitive pinball (specifically Pinburgh and big tournaments like it) is a legitimate high-energy, high-intensity sport. I've played a few local tournaments just for fun, but none have come close to anything like what I just experienced over the last 30 hours. It was a supreme test of sheer willpower: Thousands of tricky shots to make, knowing the right risks to take, evaluating each machine on the fly, constant blinking lights and loud noises, adrenaline levels spiked at maximum, and emotions running high as well. It was an epic deathmatch in which only five out of 840 people are going to win a divisional championship. As such, it is best to maintain realistic expectations... because A LOT of people are going home empty-handed.

For a non-competitive player, I'm fortunate to have advanced as far as I did. Pinburgh confirmed that I am a pretty good player after all, but certainly still a "wild talent" who gets too impatient and makes too many swings for the fence.

C-Division was a perfect placement for me. I encountered a mixture of other "wild talents" like myself mixed in with a few seasoned pros... and it was obvious which was which. The pros consistently made their shots and remained in control. Only the luckiest of us could hope to squeak by them in the finals... most didn't.

I am left wondering what will come next. Playing competitively requires a different perspective which has to be learned. Mindlessly flipping the ball around for fun doesn't win trophies. Nor does getting a high score if it took 100 games to achieve it. No, becoming a professional pinballer is a matter of mindfuless and consistency... especially consistency. A professional will be able to consistently earn very high scores, not merely once in a while. THAT is the dividing line between people like me and people like them.

It was fun to swing for the fence and land enough wins to put me in good company... some of whom have been coming to Pinburgh for many years. The next question is... has all of this changed my outlook? Do I want to push it to the next level?

Pinburgh was one of the best pinball experiences I've ever had. It was so DIFFICULT and so UNPREDICTABLE and so EPIC that nothing else compares. Truly on an island of one... and I think I'd like to return to this island again for another visit. So...

...time for a beer and perhaps a new game plan for 2019.

#706 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Competitive pinball (specifically Pinburgh and big tournaments like it) is a legitimate high-energy, high-intensity sport. I've played a few local tournaments just for fun, but none have come close to anything like what I just experienced over the last 30 hours

Good post.

Anyone who says Competitive Pinball isn’t a sport has either not played it or doesn’t know anything about it.

It’s hard as f**k! Endurance is a huge part of it. So different to a Tuesday night league down at the local bar. Chalk and cheese.

Quoted from NicoVolta:

No, becoming a professional pinballer is a matter of mindfuless and consistency... especially consistency

Nailed it.

rd

#708 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Playing competitively requires a different perspective which has to be learned. Mindlessly flipping the ball around for fun doesn't win trophies.

That’s exactly why I’ll never be a great player. I’m ok for date night in the barrio, but not real competition pinball. And that’s fine for me. Next year I’ll try to make the finals of E, or may even (dare I say), the D division.

Overall, I’ve had a blast here. I met and played pinball with some awesome people. My experience was one of fun and good competition. I think I came in 757th, and I’ll take that. I’m glad nobody in my groups was too serious, because if you were playing against me, you weren’t doing very well, so you better at least be having a good time.

#709 5 years ago

Fun time!

Took home my medallion which was my one goal for this year.

Picked up a pin for the rodie home also.

Hope to see you next year replayfx. Thx to all the hosts,tds, and esp the techs forwhat you all do. Tech crew was on top of shit this year!

Need a nap.

#710 5 years ago

I spent about 4 hours there today as a spectator. What a blast. Essentially every pin you ever wanted to play (but were afraid to ask).

Definitely will be back next year.

#711 5 years ago

I've been enjoying the PAPA coverage and appreciate the real step ups that continue to happen with pinball broadcasting, and especially when it's the biggest tournament there is.

I have one bit of constructive criticism, this player camera, below, is facing the player sideways and is showing people hanging around at the side of the stage, and empty machines which is less than exciting.

A forward placed camera, aimed straight at the player would also be capturing the crowd right behind them, which would elevate the entire shot. Crowd involvement makes all the difference. Which is a shame since there is a large crowd watching and you can hear them at times.

Otherwise, great broadcast.
    Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 9.17.37 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-07-28 at 9.17.37 PM (resized).png

#712 5 years ago

971FD607-99C8-492D-80E3-DDAF5098B70F (resized).jpeg971FD607-99C8-492D-80E3-DDAF5098B70F (resized).jpeg

#713 5 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I've been enjoying the PAPA coverage and appreciate the real step ups that continue to happen with pinball broadcasting, and especially when it's the biggest tournament there is.
    I have one bit of constructive criticism, this player camera, below, is facing the player sideways and is showing people hanging around at the side of the stage, and empty machines which is less than exciting.
    A forward placed camera, aimed straight at the player would also be capturing the crowd right behind them, which would elevate the entire shot. Crowd involvement makes all the difference. Which is a shame since there is a large crowd watching and you can hear them at times.
    Otherwise, great broadcast.
    [quoted image]

Where would you put the camera?

#714 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

I kinda want to see what that fellow on the floor is up to.

#715 5 years ago

Not to rain on the parade but The NYCPC show and presentations to the winners blew this tournament away.

Pinburgh has the largest facility, the most machines and most players this is true but that doesnt equate to the best.

Levi is the Pinball tournament Show Master Pinburgh needs Levi! Get him in the Booth.

I cant believe that was the awards presentation it was almost embarrassing to watch and knowing that it was a sponsored event made it worse.

Almost looked like a side thought. No trophies for the top 4??????? 3 Ribbons for such an event?, Really?

Pinball tournaments live coverage must be made for the non -Choir if we want them to grow.

Take the show lessons from the NYCPC and put them into place and Pinburgh will be truly great.

Any who attended the NYCPC thought it was the best tournament they had been to and it was the First event with many bugs.

Top 4 players announced like Rock Stars, Beautiful trophies all around. Live Tournament coverage with flare and color and humor bar none.

All of that on a shoestring budget.

Pinburgh you stepped up the facility now step up the show for the masses.

Congrats to all the winners its some achievement.

Thanks to all the Techs and behind the scene workers you all did a fantastic job.

#716 5 years ago

Congrats, Keith.

So i guess we'll just bury the winner of the biggest tournament of the year on page 15 of this thread. Wouldn't want to upset someone from watching the youtube clip 2 weeks from now

#717 5 years ago

Watching the semifinals and finals was a blast! UNBELIEVABLE skills on display and a nail-biter all the way to the finish... just wow!

My impressions:

Keith = master of drop catches and staying cool under pressure

Belsito = master of "impossible" flipper saves and manipulation

Andrei = master of continuous opportunity shots and flow

Cryss put up an excellent fight, but was the obvious underdog in this match. Nevertheless he was a strong jack of all trades & will probably return in even better shape next year.

Agreed a little more window dressing wouldn't hurt in terms of overall presentation: Medals, hosts, crowd engagement cams, etc. It'll come in time. Just a fantastic show overall in a perfect location with perfect weather and tons of walkable bars and restaurants. Really hard to nitpick this awesome show.

#718 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Could hang it off the overhead rig that holds the play field cam? The. It would move with that one and always be pointed at the front of the machine.

#719 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Could hang it off the overhead rig that holds the play field cam? The. It would move with that one and always be pointed at the front of the machine.

With how high they had the PF cam that would be difficult. Could lower the PF cam rig and make it work with a long gooseneck camera mount.

#720 5 years ago

Lots of baby steps. So many changes to the technical presentation. Wireless hd cameras, stat scrolling, commercials, in/post game interviews, pinstadium, sound from the games, skillshot cam. Felt like a real broadcast and looks like they spent a lot more money, still can't believe Ebay was a sponsor.

That said, they have a ways to go with production to smooth some things out. They need to do a better job with their down time. Maybe preview the machines with 30/60 second tutorials. Maybe some replays of great shots/prior pinburgs, better award ceremony. This comes with time.

Also, some of the announcers were awesome but some were not ready for primetime, gotta smooth that whole thing out. Everyone who watches these things know who the best announcers are, no need to put people out there who are completely unfamiliar with the games. Also, the announcers should have a stat profile on each player they can refer to: pvp stats, specific game results, tournament history, skill strengths, tilt %, etc. For example, Elwin and Belsito are from the same area, knowing how they've played against each other would have added a lot of color.

I was never of the belief that pinball could be properly produced for a mainstream non hardcore audience but the production last night changed my mind. They took a giant step last night in presenting pinball in a clear, understandable and exciting way. Even my wife got excited during Elwins first ball on Globetrotters. If they can take what they learned and improve on it, they could really get some attention to the sport.

No doubt they are going to go back and make changes but last night was awesome. No doubt if pinball ever really takes off, people will point to last night as a major turning point in its evolution.

#721 5 years ago

Huge step forward on the production. Seeing it in person was a blast. Keith holding the ball horizontally on the lower scissor flipper on Harlem should be a GIF.

My dumb wish: WALK-UP MUSIC

#722 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

based on this photo of the stage, there is plenty of space between the machines to set up a camera beside the backbox, on some sort of tripod, with camera aimed straight at the player, with the audience in the shot behind them.

Think of how impressive wrestling is, with the crowd behind the ring reacting to what is happening. They always shoot the crowd.
    Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 11.47.51 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-07-29 at 11.47.51 AM (resized).png

I see a tripod actually in the position I'm talking about. And it could be moved between games as needed to follow the featured group.

Anyhow, I give full credit to the production that they did put on. It was very good. I think it will continue to improve, which is great.

#723 5 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Think of how impressive wrestling is

gallery-1495650820-screen-shot-2017-05-24-at-23306-pm (resized).jpggallery-1495650820-screen-shot-2017-05-24-at-23306-pm (resized).jpg

Seriously though, I do like the ideas of new and different camera angles. It would make for great instant replays to show crowd reactions alongside great play, or even terrible drains.

I thought the stream was very well done. Much thanks to all those who worked hard to stream it to us. I really appreciate it. The vortex cam on Pinbot was great. Keep up the great work.

#724 5 years ago

I’d love to see tilt bob cams added to the mix.

#725 5 years ago

I also wonder if they can keep the open signup system if it sells out in even fewer than 40 seconds next time. Inevitably top players will miss out.

I wonder if they could do it like big tennis tournaments - say, top 500 get invites and the remaining slots are filled with open entries, maybe with a lottery system, since it’s not practical to hold a qualifying pre-tournament.

#726 5 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

I also wonder if they can keep the open signup system if it sells out in even fewer than 40 seconds next time. Inevitably top players will miss out.
    I wonder if they could do it like big tennis tournaments - say, top 500 get invites and the remaining slots are filled with open entries, maybe with a lottery system, since it’s not practical to hold a qualifying pre-tournament.

500 is way too many.

Maybe top 50 world ranked players to ensure best players can be there.

#727 5 years ago

BTW if you’re looking for sushi on your way home (if driving), stop by Yamato about 15 mins east of downtown.

I’ve eaten A LOT of sushi across North America on the pinball tour... and mighty Space Battleship Yamato serves up some unexpectedly high quality eats.

Gonna stay for a second drink and plate, come to think of it. *hic*

#728 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

500 is way too many.
    Maybe top 50 world ranked players to ensure best players can be there.

Since we are talking professional athletes here, maybe it's time for Management/Agency representation for the top players so the can be guaranteed a spot on the "team".

Fees may be necessary.

#729 5 years ago

A cable camera might be cool.

#730 5 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

I go back and forth on this, but I agree a little. Like the top 10 from this year get tickets to next years. I’d be bummed if Keith couldn’t get in again, because he was amazing to watch.

But for the rest, fully open. I love the fact that I have as good a chance as any of you to get in next year. And I have as good a chance of clawing up to the D division after my horrific performance this year.

#731 5 years ago

I say, now that it is at 840:

Top 25 IFPA ranked players get invitations.

15 get given away - one each to 15 of the largest locations in the world to give away during a large tournament that they are holding.

The other 800 - first come first serve.

#732 5 years ago

Forgot to post this the other day lol

Screenshot_20180727-134906 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180727-134906 (resized).jpg
    #733 5 years ago

Any link where I can watch the finals, anyone? Thanks.
    Nothing like watching the NBA finals for a guy like me that plays ball in the driveway hoop)

#734 5 years ago
    Quoted from bladerunner:

Any link where I can watch the finals, anyone? Thanks.
    Nothing like watching the NBA finals for a guy like me that plays ball in the driveway hoop)

#735 5 years ago

This was my first Pinburgh experience and now I am hooked and want to come back every year. Even if I don’t make it into the Pinburgh tournament it is still worth it to go to ReplayFX.

Pinburgh is all worth the hype. I was so impressed how well the tournament was run with so many players at one given time. Sure, there were some hiccups in delays with certain machines, but that is expected. Overall it was super organized and the techs were top notch.

The best part about Pinburgh were the people! It was a huge family reunion of pinheads from all walks of life. Every person I competed with had great sportsmanship and had a huge passion for pinball. Meeting people from Australia and Sweden was an extra bonus. Meeting all the podcasters in person was also a special treat. And they are just as cool in person as they appear on their shows.

I was very fortunate to finish 20th in the qualifying of B Division. Unfortunately I wasn’t mentally prepared and making my shots during the finals. I was eliminated in the first round at the bottom of the list, but was happy to make into the finals in the first place. My goal was to make it into B Division on Friday and that goal was achieved. I never thought I had the skills to make it to the Finals of B Division. That was a blessing in disguise. Now I know how brutally difficult the machines are set and know what to expect. One thing I learned is take your time during the shots. I sometimes had a tendency to go for it and that is what caused a lot of mistakes to have the ball drain SDTM or in the outlanes. I have learned my lesson.

The show overall was fantastic! So much pinball to play with top notch working machines. When the Pinburgh banks opened up for FreePlay it was the best experience ever playing machines that worked with strong flippers and every mechanic working. Sure, they were still difficult, but I could play any machine my heart desired. And the EMs were so much fun to play. All the 80’s early solid states were top notch. And the SPINNERS...I have never seen spinners spin so fast as at Pinburgh. They flew!

I did make my mark on one of the games in the freeplay area for GC on Dr. Dude.

I had so much fun that it is depressing it is over. I love all of you pinheads. You are the greatest people on planet Earth.

I hope to come back next year and compete again in Pinburgh. Pittsburgh was awesome to visit!

I’ll miss you guys! See you soon, hopefully next year!

2C611D1E-DD14-4810-8E41-24607E2709FD (resized).jpeg2C611D1E-DD14-4810-8E41-24607E2709FD (resized).jpeg2C724780-4D22-4427-A619-C6282E081AA7 (resized).jpeg2C724780-4D22-4427-A619-C6282E081AA7 (resized).jpeg35D3AFA8-DC69-46CC-976F-D4FFF787F578 (resized).jpeg35D3AFA8-DC69-46CC-976F-D4FFF787F578 (resized).jpeg3FE836D5-76A1-4398-AC81-E6B05ED14BE4 (resized).jpeg3FE836D5-76A1-4398-AC81-E6B05ED14BE4 (resized).jpeg4AB35F30-1767-4353-8D3D-5EC3E623659F (resized).jpeg4AB35F30-1767-4353-8D3D-5EC3E623659F (resized).jpeg4D692D0E-797A-4F3E-A77B-594ACA26CB23 (resized).jpeg4D692D0E-797A-4F3E-A77B-594ACA26CB23 (resized).jpeg4FB19D1B-A4CC-430A-B9DE-F65AD5FA0E3A (resized).jpeg4FB19D1B-A4CC-430A-B9DE-F65AD5FA0E3A (resized).jpeg51289249-0971-4456-A779-B41B83D786B5 (resized).jpeg51289249-0971-4456-A779-B41B83D786B5 (resized).jpeg535479D0-596B-4EFA-9503-3A6CFF6CC07B (resized).jpeg535479D0-596B-4EFA-9503-3A6CFF6CC07B (resized).jpeg84368269-966D-449D-9837-BE47F5012978 (resized).jpeg84368269-966D-449D-9837-BE47F5012978 (resized).jpegA742BA24-A947-4CC0-8271-42E3605FBC93 (resized).jpegA742BA24-A947-4CC0-8271-42E3605FBC93 (resized).jpegB9B0408D-478E-499C-B706-2BF09E793481 (resized).jpegB9B0408D-478E-499C-B706-2BF09E793481 (resized).jpegCB51FDFB-83A7-4EBC-BFA4-4C3F953C699E (resized).jpegCB51FDFB-83A7-4EBC-BFA4-4C3F953C699E (resized).jpegD675C704-BCB9-4037-B790-43E961859671 (resized).jpegD675C704-BCB9-4037-B790-43E961859671 (resized).jpeg
    #736 5 years ago

Right on... here's my best score of the weekend. 6,101,130 on City Slicker. The amazing thing is that I actually earned the Extra Ball.

IMG_7671 (resized).jpegIMG_7671 (resized).jpeg
    #737 5 years ago

Great day trip on Sunday. Got there at 10am and left after 5pm. Happy to see so many good people. Sorry I missed some of you. Definitely back again next year. Cheers, friends!

#738 5 years ago

Nip-It.
    The game responsible for the Moncla Mafia madness.
    Got one in 1977 and the rest is history

C7F6458D-40F3-4601-9943-F06115FF26ED (resized).jpegC7F6458D-40F3-4601-9943-F06115FF26ED (resized).jpeg
    #739 5 years ago

Replay FX was my first pinball show. Could only spend Friday night and Saturday, but it was incredible. I was so overwhelmed. I felt like I played a ton of pinball but also feel like I missed so many games.

Also got to meet TheNoTrashCougar who gave a cool talk on TNA and was nice enough to let me get a picture and chat for a few. Yes, I am being "that guy" wearing the t-shirt of the machine created by the speaker I was going to see.
    IMG_7174 (resized).jpgIMG_7174 (resized).jpg

#740 5 years ago

I had an amazing time at my first Pinburgh, here as well. The 8 hour drive went by pretty quickly with the company I went there and home with. I had little to no expectations of performance, besides not wanting to come in last. I accomplished that feat and my son qualified for D finals and finished 14th. He was pretty bummed that he didn't do better on his last bank but I cheered him up by taking him to his first baseball game at PNC park. Thanks again to JJ from GameExchange for hosting people in his room and for the food spreads. Thanks again to all my old and new friends that I got to meet up with and make and for the high stakes games. I hope to make this an annual event as long as I can secure those tickets. Great job and thank you to ReplayFX/Papa, the techs that volunteered and everyone else that makes the event possible.

20180725_200313 (resized).jpg20180725_200313 (resized).jpg20180727_230313 (resized).jpg20180727_230313 (resized).jpg20180728_191845 (resized).jpg20180728_191845 (resized).jpg20180729_010609 (resized).jpg20180729_010609 (resized).jpgIMG_0154 (resized).jpgIMG_0154 (resized).jpg
    #741 5 years ago

Super fun time. Met some cool people. I'm sure I'll see some of you again in Cleveland.

Greg

#742 5 years ago

Great pictures everyone. Thanks for sharing!

#743 5 years ago

Thanks everyone for another great event, especially to all of the behind the scenes people that keep things running. It just keeps getting better each year I've gone and I look forward to next year already.

#744 5 years ago

Did not take a lot of photos but here are some I did take.
    Included is the Party at JJ’s of the Game Exchange. This guy knows how to party.

25313E6E-BCF4-4CF0-A694-B9C4FA304831 (resized).jpeg25313E6E-BCF4-4CF0-A694-B9C4FA304831 (resized).jpeg5E129566-B736-40C8-9C73-6B43DAF0BF71 (resized).jpeg5E129566-B736-40C8-9C73-6B43DAF0BF71 (resized).jpeg6547E95B-06DB-42D9-B227-612553059D5D (resized).jpeg6547E95B-06DB-42D9-B227-612553059D5D (resized).jpeg66A394CC-83AA-4476-BBED-1FA29C0CD2D1 (resized).jpeg66A394CC-83AA-4476-BBED-1FA29C0CD2D1 (resized).jpeg729ED912-5BDF-4773-BE85-4CB7EC9C54F5 (resized).jpeg729ED912-5BDF-4773-BE85-4CB7EC9C54F5 (resized).jpeg844EDC94-EDB0-4A0E-A71E-CD08149B873A (resized).jpeg844EDC94-EDB0-4A0E-A71E-CD08149B873A (resized).jpeg99860DE4-2165-4B62-ADCA-54B0B062432D (resized).jpeg99860DE4-2165-4B62-ADCA-54B0B062432D (resized).jpegB9CCAD9B-A60F-41D4-9254-A0980871C3C9 (resized).jpegB9CCAD9B-A60F-41D4-9254-A0980871C3C9 (resized).jpegCE0EDC7D-6477-4435-A873-D2BB8802D204 (resized).jpegCE0EDC7D-6477-4435-A873-D2BB8802D204 (resized).jpegECC55324-9250-4DE8-9EDF-695B24C56133 (resized).jpegECC55324-9250-4DE8-9EDF-695B24C56133 (resized).jpeg
    #745 5 years ago
    dvatkb (resized).jpgdvatkb (resized).jpg
    #746 5 years ago

want to say thanks to all that make this event so awesome! great to see so many friends from all over and play some amazing games.

hey Doug,
    I am having issues with the e-wallet thing for prize money, it errors out when i try to submit info and when i try to use the contact form it gives me the same error. something about authentication and security

"This site can't provide a secure connection
    mk9.c56.myftpupload.com uses an unsupported protocol.
    ERR-SSL_VERSION_OR_CHIPER_MISMATCH"

happens both on my computer using chrome and my phone.

#747 5 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

want to say thanks to all that make this event so awesome! great to see so many friends from all over and play some amazing games.
    hey Doug,
    I am having issues with the e-wallet thing for prize money, it errors out when i try to submit info and when i try to use the contact form it gives me the same error. something about authentication and security
    "This site can't provide a secure connection
    mk9.c56.myftpupload.com uses an unsupported protocol.
    ERR-SSL_VERSION_OR_CHIPER_MISMATCH"
    happens both on my computer using chrome and my phone.

The form is broken on our end and we are working on fixing it. It is submitting, even though it looks like it isn't.

#748 5 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

The form is broken on our end and we are working on fixing it. It is submitting, even though it looks like it isn't.

cool, thanks for the heads up, sorry i probably submitted it 2 or 3 times then lol

#749 5 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Did not take a lot of photos but here are some I did take.

Hahahaha. I spy me!! In pic 9 of 10

Next to the double danger banner with my back to the camera.

What are the odds!?

#750 5 years ago

My first Pinburgh was a blast! Such a great time. I got to play so many games I've never seen before.

I had a crummy Day 1 and ended with 23 points, at the bottom of D division. Finished strong on Day 2, with 37 points, and in the end, I was one point short for finals. I'll do better next year now that I know what to expect.

I got to watch Nicole Bernier, a fellow New Englander become the first winner of WIPT. She's a pioneer!

Also got to witness Keith Elwin take another major win.

I met the man himself, Gary Stern!

The event was exceptional all around. Even though I lost pretty badly in all tournament ventures, I had the time of my life. Literally counting the days to next year.

IMG_4564 (resized).JPGIMG_4564 (resized).JPG
    There are 834 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfxpinburgh-2018/page/15?hl=reddragons5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.