Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 834 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    41721315_1848359118546672_539543421040197632_n (resized).png
    10A2DFCE-2AA0-405C-AEFD-0F68009E5B8E (resized).jpeg
    54E80045-600C-4D45-AD1A-AF3956A9253B (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4564 (resized).JPG
    dvatkb (resized).jpg
    844EDC94-EDB0-4A0E-A71E-CD08149B873A (resized).jpeg
    99860DE4-2165-4B62-ADCA-54B0B062432D (resized).jpeg
    66A394CC-83AA-4476-BBED-1FA29C0CD2D1 (resized).jpeg
    729ED912-5BDF-4773-BE85-4CB7EC9C54F5 (resized).jpeg
    6547E95B-06DB-42D9-B227-612553059D5D (resized).jpeg
    ECC55324-9250-4DE8-9EDF-695B24C56133 (resized).jpeg
    B9CCAD9B-A60F-41D4-9254-A0980871C3C9 (resized).jpeg
    5E129566-B736-40C8-9C73-6B43DAF0BF71 (resized).jpeg
    CE0EDC7D-6477-4435-A873-D2BB8802D204 (resized).jpeg
    There are 834 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 17.
    #601 5 years ago

Is this the proper outline post placement to practice

0E009584-1940-483B-86D4-0AB122C34EFC (resized).jpeg0E009584-1940-483B-86D4-0AB122C34EFC (resized).jpeg

She tilts if you look at her.

#602 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

No Ryan is talking about the fact that you have to pay $100 to go to replay. A requirement to play in pinburgh. To be on the waitlist for pinburgh it costs nothing.

You can actually get in to Replay FX for $25 on Thursday. So if you want to roll the dice and see if you can get into Pinburgh at the show, minimum spend to try that would be $25.

#603 5 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Why is there rubber on the inlane/outlane post?

#604 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

No Ryan is talking about the fact that you have to pay $100 to go to replay. A requirement to play in pinburgh. To be on the waitlist for pinburgh it costs nothing.

Sort of. You pay the ticket price when you get on the waitlist. It is refundable, up to a certain date. I think at this point, you would not get refunded completely if you were to drop out.

#605 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

Sort of. You pay the ticket price when you get on the waitlist. It is refundable, up to a certain date. I think at this point, you would not get refunded completely if you were to drop out.

This is not exactly correct. You pay nothing to get on the waitlist. Pinburgh is $120, if you were able to get a slot, you prepaid but they are past the deadline for any refunds there. You also need to purchase separate admission to the show for $100. If you pre-purchased that, you’re also past the deadline for any refund, but didn’t need to do it at the same time. If you’re on the waitlist and are trying to get in, you’ll need to purchase some sort of show admission, at least on Thursday to see if you get in or not.

#606 5 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I don’t think that’s really the right approach.

In past experience replay games have been set up so you can actually play them, as it’s a skil tournament (except
    For that hobbit on stage last year). Most of the games will have fair tilts and posts won’t be removed. If it’s anything like past years.

#607 5 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Will anyone be selling your bulbs at the show??

Sadly, no. It'll just be me, and I'm there to play!!

#608 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In past experience replay games have been set up so you can actually play them, as it’s a skil tournament (except
    For that hobbit on stage last year). Most of the games will have fair tilts and posts won’t be removed. If it’s anything like past years.

Don't forget the stern kiss that had lightning flippers, crazy pitch and Gene would spit the balls down the drain with no ball save.

#609 5 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

For Pinburgh the games aren't "Division A" tough. Its such a large tournament with wide skill gap and we want everyone to have a good time.

That said, there are some games set super tough, usually the long playing ones.

#610 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

When we announced Hobbit in the tournament, people actually told me I would end up pulling it because it took too long. Turned out the game was set up too hard (and had that weird ramp jump that I personally didn't find out about until it was in finals.

#611 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

Sort of. You pay the ticket price when you get on the waitlist.

There is no cost, and no ticket purchase required to get onto the waitlist.

#612 5 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

When we announced Hobbit in the tournament, people actually told me I would end up pulling it because it took too long. Turned out the game was set up too hard (and had that weird ramp jump that I personally didn't find out about until it was in finals.

Yeah, last year’s Hobbit definitely played quick!
    Did you make any changes to Hobbit for this year’s Pinburgh, Doug? (Relative to last year; and excluding the ramp jump)

#614 5 years ago

I think ninjadoug meant to post this part of the video:

#615 5 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Don't forget the stern kiss that had lightning flippers, crazy pitch and Gene would spit the balls down the drain with no ball save.

Was that PAPA A or pinburgh?

#616 5 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

I think ninjadoug meant to post this part of the video:

Yes I did.

#617 5 years ago

I have a question. Let’s say we are 3 and 4 on the wait list. Might there be a chance to register on Wednesday at the Harris grill?

We are currently 3 and 4 on the list and we will be rolling in to Pittsburgh on Wednesday regardless of whether we’re in by then or not. We’ve had our replayfx passes paid for since February, and I think we started in the low 60s on the wait list. Every time we moved up was a good day!

#618 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eightball88:

I have a question. Let’s say we are 3 and 4 on the wait list. Might there be a chance to register on Wednesday at the Harris grill?
    We are currently 3 and 4 on the list and we will be rolling in to Pittsburgh on Wednesday regardless of whether we’re in by then or not. We’ve had our replayfx passes paid for since February, and I think we started in the low 60s on the wait list. Every time we moved up was a good day!

unless someone notifies them ahead of time that they are not making it, they will not know of "no shows" until right before it starts. That is when some lucky waitlisters have a chance to get in

i would imagine if someone dropped out wednesday, the same protocol of going down the wait list would apply. Only right before it starts does it become an opportunity to jump someone on the waitlist if they are not present.

#619 5 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

unless someone notifies them ahead of time that they are not making it, they will not know of "no shows" until right before it starts. That is when some lucky waitlisters have a chance to get in
    i would imagine if someone dropped out wednesday, the same protocol of going down the wait list would apply. Only right before it starts does it become an opportunity to jump someone on the waitlist if they are not present.

Exactly, that what I want to avoid...showing up on Thursday morning only to find out they are calling names further down the list. We are so close it would be a shame not to get in at this point. Regardless, we are looking forward to our first replay/pinburgh!

#620 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eightball88:

Exactly, that what I want to avoid...showing up on Thursday morning only to find out they are calling names further down the list. We are so close it would be a shame not to get in at this point. Regardless, we are looking forward to our first replay/pinburgh!

This info was in Wednesday's "Pinburgh 2018 - Important Information" email that got sent to all players (and waitlist people?):

All spots in the tournament that open due to no-shows will be filled in order of the waitlist. If you are on the waitlist and are hoping to fill a no-show spot, please let someone at the Pinburgh desk know that is your intent PRIOR to 9:30am on Thursday morning. Also, please note that the Pinburgh desk is different from the merchandise / information desk and is located inside Replay FX, in the Pinburgh area inside Hall C. At exactly 9:31am, we will proceed down the list of players who are on the waitlist AND WHO HAVE NOTIFIED US IN PERSON PRIOR TO 9:30am THEY ARE AVAILABLE AND WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE in order to fill the remaining openings in the tournament.

#621 5 years ago

Awesome thanks Steve, i missed that. I’ll be there when it opens on Thursday if I’m not in by then.

#622 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eightball88:

Awesome thanks Steve, i missed that. I’ll be there when it opens on Thursday if I’m not in by then.

If you're driving to the event, will you be crossing the Thousand Islands Bridge? Or will you cross in the Niagara region Or Peace Bridge?

#623 5 years ago

We will actually be leaving Erie PA Wednesday morning. I usually go across the border at 1000 islands. It very scenic.

#624 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Was that PAPA A or pinburgh?

Was in one of my pinburgh banks

#625 5 years ago

Is there a URL that we can point people to follow the tournament?

#626 5 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Is there a URL that we can point people to follow the tournament?

https://pinburgh.com -- specifically https://pinburgh.com/2018/live once the tournament starts.

#627 5 years ago

In about 24 hours I will be hitting the road for Pittsburgh.

Safe travels everyone, good luck and have a great time!

#628 5 years ago

In 24 hours I'll be... Oh yeah - I'm already here

That said - the excitement is building and work is getting awfully tough to focus on.

#629 5 years ago

Is Bit Brigade really playing two shows? They're on the schedule for both Friday and Saturday. That's pretty great if so. Almost makes up for how MAGFest didn't want them this year.

#630 5 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

In about 24 hours I will be hitting the road for Pittsburgh.
    Safe travels everyone, good luck and have a great time!

Travel safe on America's first Superhighway!

#631 5 years ago

So how do pinsiders tell who's a fellow member, do you guys wear lanyards or something? I've been to RFX every year since it's inception and have never met another Pinsider outside of the ones that already recognize by face.

#632 5 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

So how do pinsiders tell who's a fellow member, do you guys wear lanyards or something? I've been to RFX every year since it's inception and have never met another Pinsider outside of the ones that already recognize by face.

I know of one pinsider, from another thread, that will be wearing a shirt about totes with his last name and ifpa number on the back.

#633 5 years ago

I find just asking people in your pinburgh groups works.

If you're not in the tourney, you can wear a lanyard and I'm sure some will spot it.

I'd be happy to meet ya when your down at the ahow

#634 5 years ago

I'll be wearing a PinSide lanyard if I can find it. Hope to see and meet a few more of you there.

#635 5 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

I'll be easy to recognize. I'm the middle aged guy with the expensive hobby...

#636 5 years ago

JJ Babich from Game Exchange is making badges for Pinsiders at Pinburgh. Contact him. He also posted in a Pinside Thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-replyfx-2018-pinside-name-badge-and-lanyard-

#637 5 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

I'll be wearing a PinSide lanyard if I can find it. Hope to see and meet a few more of you there.

Also will be wearing easy to spot VFW (Vintage Flipper World) T-shirt's Thursday and Friday.

#638 5 years ago

Is there anyone who need Euros? I like to change 500 Euro cash in USD. Banks asking extreme high charges . easiest way to contact me is by facbook message
    https://www.facebook.com/albert.medaillon
    Will be today also at Pingolf tournement

#639 5 years ago

Sorry, I don't need any Euros, my next trip was just canceled.

I know it doesn't help you 'get rid' of the 500, but you are better off getting USD from an ATM than exchanging them with a person. The exchange rate and transaction fees are usually much better when doing it electronically. Get more than you might need, then use any leftover cash to pay your hotel bill.

#640 5 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

You are better off getting USD from an ATM than exchanging them with a person

I agree with this. I lived for 5 years in Germany (Hannover), and the one big difference is that in US, you don't really need to carry very much cash around. Almost everything can be paid for with a credit card including Restaurants, Taxi's, most things at ReplayFX, etc. To be honest, I rarely carry any cash on me.

I think pretty much all ATM's over here should take Cirrus so make sure your debit card works with that network and you should be ok.

#641 5 years ago
    Quoted from Capinball:

I know of one pinsider, from another thread, that will be wearing a shirt about totes with his last name and ifpa number on the back.

That's me - come say hi!

#644 5 years ago

They've been here for the last couple of years, but went on pause after the death in Arizona.

#645 5 years ago
    Quoted from Scorch:

They've been here for the last couple of years, but went on pause after the death in Arizona.

Yeah - I did a google search, they seem more menacing than they are worth.

#646 5 years ago

I’ll be in the crazy pants.

#647 5 years ago

okay, so now i am so fing hyped for replay fx / pinburgh. I just saw there is a windjammers tournament on saturday and that is my true calling in life.

its been years (maybe 5?) since someone has beat me at it haha. no one will play me anymore I used to have 3 neo geo cabs and 3 copies and would have monthly tournaments. ive cut back to 2 cabs and 2 carts...

#648 5 years ago
    Quoted from Scorch:

I agree with this. I lived for 5 years in Germany (Hannover), and the one big difference is that in US, you don't really need to carry very much cash around

I’m the opposite. I carry cash when I travel.

If you use a CC overseas, the company charges a conversion fee on every transaction.

So I go to an ATM, withdraw $800 USD (the maximum) and you only pay one fee.

Hotels, cars etc are booked with Hotels.com and Expedia (same outfit anyway) and they bill my card in NZ dollars, so no fees.

Easy peasy.

Also - every time I come to the USA, someone rips my VISA number and starts buying shit a few months after I leave. Then the card gets cancelled and I have to change all my auto payments etc. Pain in the ass. So now I don’t let my VISA cards out of my sight.

rd

#649 5 years ago

I can't wait till tomorrow. I've been playing in leagues & tournaments for 6 years now but this is my first pinburgh. see all of you guys there.

just got to remember to save my drinking till maybe the last round

#650 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I’m the opposite. I carry cash when I travel.
    If you use a CC overseas, the company charges a conversion fee on every transaction.
    So I go to an ATM, withdraw $800 USD (the maximum) and you only pay one fee.
    Hotels, cars etc are booked with Hotels.com and Expedia (same outfit anyway) and they bill my card in NZ dollars, so no fees.
    Easy peasy.
    Also - every time I come to the USA, someone rips my VISA number and starts buying shit a few months after I leave. Then the card gets cancelled and I have to change all my auto payments etc. Pain in the ass. So now I don’t let my VISA cards out of my sight.
    rd

Wow Dave!! You are really coming from NZ to Replay?? Now THAT is dedication!! I wonder who will be traveling the farthest distance this year? And I complain about driving 3hrs to get there lol.

There are 834 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfxpinburgh-2018/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.