2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 834 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 71 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    41721315_1848359118546672_539543421040197632_n (resized).png
    10A2DFCE-2AA0-405C-AEFD-0F68009E5B8E (resized).jpeg
    54E80045-600C-4D45-AD1A-AF3956A9253B (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4564 (resized).JPG
    dvatkb (resized).jpg
    844EDC94-EDB0-4A0E-A71E-CD08149B873A (resized).jpeg
    99860DE4-2165-4B62-ADCA-54B0B062432D (resized).jpeg
    66A394CC-83AA-4476-BBED-1FA29C0CD2D1 (resized).jpeg
    729ED912-5BDF-4773-BE85-4CB7EC9C54F5 (resized).jpeg
    6547E95B-06DB-42D9-B227-612553059D5D (resized).jpeg
    ECC55324-9250-4DE8-9EDF-695B24C56133 (resized).jpeg
    B9CCAD9B-A60F-41D4-9254-A0980871C3C9 (resized).jpeg
    5E129566-B736-40C8-9C73-6B43DAF0BF71 (resized).jpeg
    CE0EDC7D-6477-4435-A873-D2BB8802D204 (resized).jpeg

There are 834 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 17.
    #501 1 year ago

Sketchers have really good sneakers with memory foam that I wore last year - I now wear them to all pinball events. Sit down often!

But on the other stuff...

Remember it’s the same for everybody
    The replay Fx team do a freaking epic job to set this up
    You’ll play games you’ve never seen or heard of before that work better than any game you’ve played,
    The games are setup to be tough
    You’ll suck at games you have smashed before, stay calm learn and play better
    There is plenty of places to sit.
    Drink lots of water
    Say hello introduce yourself - we are all friends
    Remember to say thanks to the guys and gals running the event - they do this for the love of it and in my view are all super heroes.
    be self aware on how your conduct affects other players “saying oh no i’m Playing you can spoil it for the other player”
    For the love of god have a shower and apply plenty of deodorant
    Bring a hoodie; in the morning it can be cold
    buy something from the vendors
    Get a selfie with @papadoug and bkerins and anyone else
    Remember to cheer and applaud great play,
    It’s just a game, nobody will die, life goes on
    Make sure you play your place !
    Tilts are tight

But the most important part -> enjoy it

#502 1 year ago

I wore my Jordan slides last year all day and my feet never got sore.

#503 1 year ago

More important than any one particular pair of socks/shoes is to pack multiples. I learned from my days in trade shows that putting on a different pair of shoes at the end of the day, or even changing socks mid-day, can feel better than any insert or special shoes ever could. Your feet appreciate the difference.

#504 1 year ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I hope the chocolate stuff guy is there again. Best vendor on the mountain.

AE19F303-1FAD-420B-AAB4-3251F2356548 (resized).jpeg
    #505 1 year ago

How much time is there in between rounds? Long enough to go grab a beer....or 3?

I don’t play well sober.

#506 1 year ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

How much time is there in between rounds? Long enough to go grab a beer....or 3?
    I don’t play well sober.

Pack a backpack with ice packs.

#507 1 year ago

I don’t play well sober.

Aside from the longer gap after round 3 for dinner, rounds start 2 hours and 15 minutes apart. Depending on the group/bank you're playing in the time of the round will vary, but you usually have 30-45 minutes at least.

#508 1 year ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I hope the chocolate stuff guy is there again. Best vendor on the mountain.

Do us all a favor and stop posting stuff like that. If you keep it up, everybody and their uncle is going to want to come to pinburgh and it will be nearly impossible to get an entry. Oh wait... nevermind...

#509 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pack a backpack with ice packs.

And that’s cool? Yank a bottle out from your backpack and go to town? Or is it one of those hide it in a water bottle things?

#510 1 year ago

And that’s cool? Yank a bottle out from your backpack and go to town? Or is it one of those hide it in a water bottle things?

What's weird about the area is liquor and beer are not sold in the same spot. I walked to a liquor store and they didn't have beer so I made some vodka drinks after tournament hours in my water bottle. They sell adult beverages at the venue as well

#511 1 year ago

There was a beer garden last year

#512 1 year ago

I mean don’t be crazy about it. I had beer and my yeti all weekend. It was fine.

#513 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I mean don’t be crazy about it. I had beer and my yeti all weekend. It was fine.

You mean like rolling in with 2 thirty packs of Old' Mil Pounders and a lawn chair?

#514 1 year ago

You mean like rolling in with 2 thirty packs of Old' Mil Pounders and a lawn chair?

Did we just become best friends? Haha. 30 racks of Busch light for this guy.

#515 1 year ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Sketchers have really good sneakers with memory foam that I wore last year - I now wear them to all pinball events. Sit down often!
    But on the other stuff...
    Remember it’s the same for everybody
    The replay Fx team do a freaking epic job to set this up
    You’ll play games you’ve never seen or heard of before that work better than any game you’ve played,
    The games are setup to be tough
    You’ll suck at games you have smashed before, stay calm learn and play better
    There is plenty of places to sit.
    Drink lots of water
    Say hello introduce yourself - we are all friends
    Remember to say thanks to the guys and gals running the event - they do this for the love of it and in my view are all super heroes.
    be self aware on how your conduct affects other players “saying oh no i’m Playing you can spoil it for the other player”
    For the love of god have a shower and apply plenty of deodorant
    Bring a hoodie; in the morning it can be cold
    Get a selfie with @papadoug and bkerins and anyone else
    Remember to cheer and applaud great play,
    It’s just a game, nobody will die, life goes on
    Make sure you play your place !
    Tilts are tight
    But the most important part -> enjoy it

If you didn't read this post, go back and read it. For most of us, just go and have fun. Compete with people, but don't be wicked serious. It's pinball, and it's supposed to be fun!

#516 1 year ago

Do they have super smash Bros tourneys? I didn't see it posted but my son really wanted to play in one. He will be doing the Mario kart tourney for sure.

#517 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did we just become best friends? Haha. 30 racks of Busch light for this guy.

I liked you when I first saw your avatar, Dr. Rosenpenis.

Those are some of my absolute favorite movies. I've probably seen both of them 30 times by now.

#518 1 year ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Best case scenario is you could get practice on 20 or 30 different machines. But there are 300+ and you only play 20 during Pinburgh.
    Did you end up actually getting assigned to any of the games you had practiced?

ryanwanger I think you meant to say you only play 40. 5 sessions per day * 4 machines per session = 20 * 2 days = 40 (more if you make playoffs)

#519 1 year ago
    Quoted from auntagnes:

ryanwanger I think you meant to say you only play 40. 5 sessions per day * 4 machines per session = 20 * 2 days = 40 (more if you make playoffs)

I was having a conversation with someone about 2 hours ago and said 20 again...and then corrected myself when I realized that it's actually 40. So weird you were posting about it at that very same moment!

#520 1 year ago

I wanna thank the guys at PAPA, Deeproot, and especially Steve Bowden for that incredible Pinburgh reveal stream. It was epic and it was so cool to see all those games, (wish Steve got to plunge again after a house ball, but would have taken to long.) What you guys did for the pinball community yesterday was too valuable for words. I'm sure it was a logistical nightmare but you pulled it off and should be commended. The fact that you included flyers for all the games is a testament to your hard work and dedication. The camera rig moved fast and fluid, it's a nice setup. This will be a Pinburgh to remember. Thank you guys again. What an achievement!

#521 1 year ago

Damn. I didn’t get a chance to see it. Was it uploaded anywhere?

#522 1 year ago

I think they put it on their YouTube page. I would put a link but I'm pretty much computer illiterate. It's should be easy to find.

#523 1 year ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

I'm sure it was a logistical nightmare but you pulled it off and should be commended.

The PAPA team specializes in logistical nightmares. They should probably consult for fema or something.

#524 1 year ago

#525 1 year ago

Apparently YouTube will only archive 12 hours of a stream, so I'll try and get the rest uploaded today.

#526 1 year ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Apparently YouTube will only archive 12 hours of a stream, so I'll try and get the rest uploaded today.

"Only"

Hahahaha

#527 1 year ago

ninjadoug
    Do you also have time to post the updated Pinburgh game list with associated bank #s?
    Thanks again for all your (and the team’s) hard work.

#528 1 year ago

Are there officials that roam the floor during the tournament? For example, if I get a stuck ball and I raise my hand is there someone nearby to address?

#529 1 year ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Are there officials that roam the floor during the tournament? For example, if I get a stuck ball and I raise my hand is there someone nearby to address?

At the end of the game aisle there is a button you can press that lights up a sign and they will come over

#530 1 year ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

At the end of the game aisle there is a button you can press that lights up a sign and they will come over

And if it's a situation where you can't walk away from the machine then someone from your group should take care of it, right? For example, a stuck ball during multiball...

#531 1 year ago

Approved.

#532 1 year ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

And if it's a situation where you can't walk away from the machine then someone from your group should take care of it, right? For example, a stuck ball during multiball...

Yeah - if you have to hold a ball on a flipper or something, send a member of the group to hit the light. Personally, I'd always ask a member of the group to go do it if it's important enough to you, so you can stay with the machine in case something happens.

#533 1 year ago

is there a list of the banks besides watching the 15 hour stream lol

#534 1 year ago

Looks like the wait list was just updated again.

#536 1 year ago

No chairs in the isles … I wonder if someone will bring one of these? When I saw this, I thought of what I read earlier in this thread. I can see someone doing this ...
    http://www.noonee.com/en/produktvorstellung/

#537 1 year ago

Pardon the “first timer” question. When do we find out what bank / banks we are playing?

#538 1 year ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Pardon the “first timer” question. When do we find out what bank / banks we are playing?

Right before it starts

#539 1 year ago

Not saying what number I am on the wait list or anything, but if there is any way to add two more banks, that would be great. I am going anyhow but being on the player list would be better than the wait list. Have really enjoyed the event the past few years. The team that puts this together does a fantastic job!

#540 1 year ago

ninjadoug... if we have our Pinburgh pass successfully purchased but haven’t yet bought the ReplayFX event pass ($100 I think), can we get this event pass at the early checkin on Wednesday at Harris Grill? Last year we could get the event pass at the Thursday morning checkin. Just wanted to make sure we could get them on Wed.

I typically hold off buying the event pass in the off chance that an emergency comes up and I can’t make it to Pittsburgh (making a waitlister very happy).

#541 1 year ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Every round you’re assigned a bank and then you have to immediately go play. No warm up.

#542 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

ninjadoug... if we have our Pinburgh pass successfully purchased but haven’t yet bought the ReplayFX event pass ($100 I think), can we get this event pass at the early checkin on Wednesday at Harris Grill? Last year we could get the event pass at the Thursday morning checkin. Just wanted to make sure we could get them on Wed.
    I typically hold off buying the event pass in the off chance that an emergency comes up and I can’t make it to Pittsburgh (making a waitlister very happy).

Yes, you will be able to purchase tickets at the early check-in.

#543 1 year ago

Am I the only one that noticed that the first game listed was Baywatch?

I'm assuming this is just the regular version and not the Imamaculate version?

#544 1 year ago

Am I the only one that noticed that the first game listed was Baywatch?
    I'm assuming this is just the regular version and not the Imamaculate version?

Sad to see it on legs

#545 1 year ago

Will there be any of the crazy fun hacked up games like last year?

Simon says pinball, bike pinball, etc...?

We loved these and I need some more of this!!!

#547 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

So, basically every game ever. Got it.

Yeah Ron, the list of games not there has gotta be a lot shorter.

#548 1 year ago

can we put our totes on the shooter lanes?

#549 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

So, basically every game ever. Got it.

So many games I don't know. Yes, THIS is what I will blame my poor performance on.

#550 1 year ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

So many games I don't know. Yes, THIS is what I will blame my poor performance on.

That's what made the first pinburg so awesome. Of course now after several years, many competitors have been exposed to most of the collection... plus we have lots of tips/hint tools around.. so not so many times anymore where the whole group is like.. 'I have no idea what I'm doing' moments

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Other
    Chrome Candy
    Flipper Parts
    TheDudeMods
    $ 71.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 8.95
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 233.10
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 16.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 38.00
    $ 219.99
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 134.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    There are 834 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside