Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 834 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    41721315_1848359118546672_539543421040197632_n (resized).png
    10A2DFCE-2AA0-405C-AEFD-0F68009E5B8E (resized).jpeg
    54E80045-600C-4D45-AD1A-AF3956A9253B (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4564 (resized).JPG
    dvatkb (resized).jpg
    844EDC94-EDB0-4A0E-A71E-CD08149B873A (resized).jpeg
    99860DE4-2165-4B62-ADCA-54B0B062432D (resized).jpeg
    66A394CC-83AA-4476-BBED-1FA29C0CD2D1 (resized).jpeg
    729ED912-5BDF-4773-BE85-4CB7EC9C54F5 (resized).jpeg
    6547E95B-06DB-42D9-B227-612553059D5D (resized).jpeg
    ECC55324-9250-4DE8-9EDF-695B24C56133 (resized).jpeg
    B9CCAD9B-A60F-41D4-9254-A0980871C3C9 (resized).jpeg
    5E129566-B736-40C8-9C73-6B43DAF0BF71 (resized).jpeg
    CE0EDC7D-6477-4435-A873-D2BB8802D204 (resized).jpeg
    There are 834 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.
    #1 6 years ago

I searched the forums and couldn't find a thread for this year's event.

Can someone confirm that Pinburgh registration will be posted at this link?:
    https://replayfx.org/buy-tickets/

#2 6 years ago

Hi, I am from Germany and think to join pinburgh tournament
    I heard, that it could be possible that all 800 entrys could be sold some minutes after ticket sale starts, Is this right?
    If i register in time, how long is deadline to proceed payment?

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanic:

Hi, I am from Germany and think to join pinburgh tournament
    I heard, that it could be possible that all 800 entrys could be sold some minutes after ticket sale starts, Is this right?
    If i register in time, how long is deadline to proceed payment?

This will be my first year registering for the tournament. I've heard people say that it sells out in 15 minutes. At least they're bumping the field up to 840 entries this year.

#4 6 years ago

#5 6 years ago

Payment for tourney tickets due at registration. Link posted above is correct.
    Tickets will go very fast, highly recommend buying at Noon otherwise you have a great chance of being on the waitlist.

#6 6 years ago

When will the discount code for the hotel become available?

#7 6 years ago

Discount codes for rooms once tickets go on sale per a tilt forum reply.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Payment for tourney tickets due at registration. Link posted above is correct.
    Tickets will go very fast, highly recommend buying at Noon otherwise you have a great chance of being on the waitlist.

Do I have time like 24 hours to make payment after registration or do i loose my spot if I dont pay immediately?
    I will come wit my son who is not a competitive player. So i am not sure to register him for tournement.
    Will there be other pinballs to play which are not in tournement?
    are all these arcade also ready to play during the 4 days of pinburgh?
    https://replayfx.org/games/arcade/

#9 6 years ago

@pinmanic...yes, there are many pins, arcade games, and game systems set up for attendees who are not in the tournament. As the tournament field narrows, more games are made available for open play.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanic:

Do I have time like 24 hours to make payment after registration or do i loose my spot if I dont pay immediately?
    I will come wit my son who is not a competitive player. So i am not sure to register him for tournement.
    Will there be other pinballs to play which are not in tournement?
    are all these arcade also ready to play during the 4 days of pinburgh?
    https://replayfx.org/games/arcade/

The hall traditionally has three main pieces... the arcade (open all the time).. the vendor section... and the pinburgh tournament area. The pinburgh tournament games will be limited to pinburgh use only until finals on Saturday. The arcade and vendor areas are available on all days. The arcade grows every year.. but was several hundred pins and forget how many arcades.

You will pay with a CC at time of registration.

#11 6 years ago

Thanks a lot for all information. So i understand right, that if I wait some hours with payments I will loose my slot?
    I want to be sure that my son and a friend also will be registrated in time to proceed.
    If I pay instantly I saw i will get only 75% back in case I cancel after a short time?

#12 6 years ago

I'm assuming that when Saturday rolls around there will be an option to play in Pinburgh? Right now it looks like that link is only for admission. This page shows an additional $120 for the tournament, but doesn't say where to buy tickets.

Anyone know if you can buy multiple tournament registrations at the same time? Myself and two other guys want to play, but we don't want to get split up where one of us gets a ticket and the others don't.

Can you register 3 people for the tournament at the same time, or does everyone have to do it individually?

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm assuming that when Saturday rolls around there will be an option to play in Pinburgh? Right now it looks like that link is only for admission. This page shows an additional $120 for the tournament, but doesn't say where to buy tickets.
    Anyone know if you can buy multiple tournament registrations at the same time? Myself and two other guys want to play, but we don't want to get split up where one of us gets a ticket and the others don't.
    Can you register 3 people for the tournament at the same time, or does everyone have to do it individually?

Pretty sure you can buy tickets/entries for multiple people.

Edit: Yep, Doug answered this over on Tilt Forums: "Yes, you can buy multiple tickets at the same time. Each player’s information has to be put in the system when purchasing tickets. As a reminder, tickets are non-transferrable."

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanic:

Thanks a lot for all information. So i understand right, that if I wait some hours with payments I will loose my slot?
    I want to be sure that my son and a friend also will be registrated in time to proceed.
    If I pay instantly I saw i will get only 75% back in case I cancel after a short time?

The way you register is by purchasing your ticket. If you don't purchase a ticket then you are not registered in the tournament.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanic:

There are 2 different entry fees. If you are the only one playing in the tournament then you will only be purchasing 1 ticket on Saturday. General admission tickets (for you, your son, and friend) can be purchased anytime.

#16 6 years ago

Just to be clear: if I buy a ticket to play in Pinburgh does that also give me entry to ReplayFX? Or do I need to additionally purchase a weekend pass for entry into ReplayFX?

#17 6 years ago

seperate, you will need to buy both.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

seperate, you will need to buy both.

Correct. No rush to buy the replay tickets, those won't sell out. The Pinburgh tournament tickets will.

#19 6 years ago

Just read on Replay's www that the arcade tournament is free. Last year I think they gave you 4 entries and then you had to pay for like 50 more. I plan on playing in the arcade tournament when not playing in Pinburgh so I'll be camping out at the convention center all day eating the delicious food they have to offer.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

I'll be camping out at the convention center all day eating the delicious food they have to offer.

Oof.

#21 6 years ago

thanks for all your answers and help

I just have one question. Sorry if it is off tppic. how can I get an email reminder for new posts here? of course because it is off topic you can also write it to me by personal message

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

I plan on playing in the arcade tournament when not playing in Pinburgh

Does that mean you're playing in Pinburgh?

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Does that mean you're playing in Pinburgh?

I'm hoping to. I thought Pinburgh wrapped up around 7 PM on Thurs and Fri which leaves me time to play in the arcade tournament the rest of the night. And then I'll have all day Sat for the arcade tournament.

Someone correct me on the scheduling if need be.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

I'm hoping to. I thought Pinburgh wrapped up around 7 PM on Thurs and Fri which leaves me time to play in the arcade tournament the rest of the night. And then I'll have all day Sat for the arcade tournament.
    Someone correct me on the scheduling if need be.

unless you make the finals in your division and will play on Saturday. Not sure what time the play will end on Thur and Fri as there are a lot of variables in groups.

https://replayfx.org/competitions/pinburgh/#1515461122745-86a85c7c-680b

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

I thought Pinburgh wrapped up around 7 PM on Thurs and Fri

It does not. Last round of the day STARTS at 8-something. There are pretty decent gaps between rounds though, and the dinner break.

#26 6 years ago

Any you guys able to shed some light on the specifics come tournament day? How do they communicate to the players as to which bank of machines they are to be playing and when?

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Any you guys able to shed some light on the specifics come tournament day? How do they communicate to the players as to which bank of machines they are to be playing and when?

It is very straight forward, dont fret.

Each round you just look up on the system or your phone, or just ask the kind helper at the front desk. Each bank of games has a name/number and you go to that area at the right time, meet the other 3 people you are playing with, and play the 4 games. Turn in your sheet when done and then a break before the next round.

rinse and repeat

#28 6 years ago

There's usually plenty of time between Pinburgh rounds to get qualifying games in on the arcade tourney.

#29 6 years ago

The announcement email says “hotel block” singular. So ... hope everybody likes the Omni? Because of the snafu with the Westin last year they’re getting snubbed?

#31 6 years ago

Anyone else get a "sold out" for Pinburgh already? I was on exactly at 11 AM central.

#32 6 years ago

Wow. That was some bullshit. Instantly sold out.

#33 6 years ago

I tried 1 Minute after start and it was already sold out
    How do I get on the waiting list?

#34 6 years ago

That's some bullshit think someone hacked the site. Instantly sold out.

#35 6 years ago

There's a link to the waitlist in the "ATTENTION PINBURGH PLAYERS"

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

That's some bullshit think someone hacked the site. Instantly sold out.

This is total b******t. I took 20 seconds to read the details and it was sold out. S**k.

#38 6 years ago

I hope some free up with carts expiring at 12:15

#39 6 years ago

Was anyone actually successful in getting a Pinburgh ticket?

#40 6 years ago

Wow sorry to hear that guys. I set the page up on my laptop ahead of time and an alarm on my phone and refreshed the page at exactly noon. Got my tix.

#41 6 years ago

i got my tickets for the tournament. i clicked checkout at about 12:00:25. At about the 1 or 2 minute mark people were reporting sold out messages.

#42 6 years ago

I managed to get mine as well. I would wait until 12:15 and see if anything times out and goes back on sale.

#43 6 years ago

wow, I feel very lucky to have gotten a ticket. I did get in after being on the waitlist last year, so there is hope for those that have to go that route!

#44 6 years ago

Yup, just saw more open up. Go check quick

#45 6 years ago

got my ticket

#46 6 years ago

they re-opened and then resold out almost instantaneously.

#47 6 years ago

Got mine right at 9 am so did 2 friends

#48 6 years ago

They could be staggering the release of the Pinburgh tickets 160 at a time over the course of an hour. Keep checking.

#49 6 years ago

I would definitely keep checking around the 15 minute mark for a bit. Good Luck!

#50 6 years ago

I kept refreshing and got one at the 12:15 mark. If it comes up with one, immediately click buy so it goes into your cart. Don't waste a second, because it you do someone else will click faster.

There are 834 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfxpinburgh-2018 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.