Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ninjadoug
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

The ReplayFX Arcade & Gaming Festival, held July 30 - August 1, 2015 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, will include over 700 arcade and pinball machines, thousand of console games, guest speakers, entertainers, live music, and more! If you are interested in bringing games, vending at the festival, or in learning more, please get in touch. Tickets are available now!

Media Partnership:

The ReplayFX Arcade & Gaming Festival has agreed to a media partnership with Clear Channel radio properties 105.9 WXDX, 102.5 WDVE, and 94.5 3WS. Attendees in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania market can expect to hear promotion and prize give-a-ways on these stations this summer!

Pinburgh:

Tickets for the Pinburgh Match-Play Pinball Championship went on sale December 7, and all 700 reservations sold out in under ten hours. We are extremely grateful at the outpouring of support for Pinburgh and ReplayFX within the pinball community. The tournament continues to grow every year, and we thank all players for their generosity.

We also want to remind everyone that the last day for full refunds on Pinburgh tournament registrations is March 31, 2015. From April 1, 2015 forward, only partial refunds will be given. Fifty players remain on the Pinburgh waitlist, and we still expect at least that amount of turnover before the beginning of the event. If you are a pinball player who is interested in participating in the largest tournament in history, please visit our website and sign up for the waitlist. Players are also reminded they will need to purchase their Daily, Full-event, or VIP passes to go along with their Pinburgh reservations prior to July 30, 2015 in order to be allowed to participate.

The full list of Pinburgh players and waitlist is continually updated on the ReplayFX website. Please check today to ensure your name is in place and spelled correctly.

Also, since we still get this question a lot, all games will be on free-play All festival passes include access to vendors, live music, seminars, console, tabletop, strolling entertainers, daily challenges, and more.

Kong Off:

In other big-time news, Richie "the King of Arcades" Knucklez will be bringing The Kong Off 4, otherwise known as the greatest Donkey Kong tournament ever conceived by human-kind, to ReplayFX! Billy Mitchell, Steve Wiebe, Hank Chien, Robbie Lakeman, Walter Day, and Joel West are all confirmed to be attending. If you know anything about Richie, you know he has an exciting tournament planned, and the ReplayFX crew will be doing everything in our power to help make it awesome! More information will be available on this exciting event soon!
    If you're in the New Jersey area, we recommend you stop by Richie Knucklez Arcade in Flemington to show your support! Look it up, you won't be disappointed!

Walter Day's Replay World Championship:

It is impossible to discuss classic arcade tournaments without mentioning Walter Day, the original video game referee, the founder of Twin Galaxies, and a man once honored at the Smithsonian Museum for his part in an exhibit entitled "The Art of Video Games". The crew at the ReplayFX Arcade & Gaming Festival have been working diligently with Walter over the past several months and are proud to finally announce details to the first ever arcade tournament known as "Walter Day's Replay World Championship."

This tournament will offer a $5,000 prize pool and will be open to all competitors. A $25 entry fee will gain each competitor 25 attempts across eight classic video games from the golden-era of arcades. The format has been designed with the intent of introducing a little bit of luck, and a whole lot of fun, into the process. We encourage players of all skill levels and ages to participate. Tournament details are available now!

Malicious Cosplay:

The cosplay competition at ReplayFX will be run by our friend Kim at Malicious Cosplay! Kim has been a strong presence in the cosplay community for years and will be joined by a talented team of creative professionals. The cosplay contest held at ReplayFX will offer a $1500 grand prize for Best in Show and an additional $1500 spread between the winners of several additional categories. Fifty openings are available for pre-registration at ReplayFX.org, and an additional 25 openings will be made available at the festival. Participation is free with purchase of a festival pass, but contestants must go through a pre-judging process before being included. More information on the contest is available now.

Live Music:

We're proud to announce the official hiring of several magicians, face painters, and the six live bands listed below!

The OneUps
    Dancing Queen
    The Triforce Quartet
    Flashback
    Scott Blasey
    & Universal Beat Union

Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra:

The Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra is also getting in on the gaming action and will be hosting Distant Worlds: an evening of Final Fantasy music at nearby Heinz Hall! Tickets are on sale now!

We look forward to bringing you more exciting updates in the future!

Sincerely,
    Mark H Steinman
    ReplayFX Event Director

#2 9 years ago

Awesome news. Already have my tickets, and hotel booked. Can't wait.

#3 9 years ago

this will be the largest show with video and pinball heads alike of all times.
    cant wait

#4 9 years ago

was just thinking today how much I'm looking forward to this.

Mark, how many of the PAPA games are making the trip over??

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from Robotoes:

how many of the PAPA games are making the trip over??

It looks like 450+ pins alone from the list on their site:
    http://replayfx.org/arcade/list-of-games/pinball-machines/

#6 9 years ago

WOW. That list was not up the last time I looked at the website. It does indeed look like they are moving almost the entire facility. Which...is insane.

#7 9 years ago

Great time to change the carpet in the warehouse if they wanted to. That thing makes me dizzy.

#8 9 years ago

ReplayFX keeps getting better and better. This is going to be an incredible event!

#9 9 years ago

I'm taking the family to this, wife and daughter too. Since they have to pay to get into Replayfx, I assume that the games for all to play will be on free play as opposed to the normal token setup at PAPA?

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Euchrid:

Since they have to pay to get into Replayfx, I assume that the games for all to play will be on free play as opposed to the normal token setup at PAPA?

Yes, they will all be set to "free play" as stated on their site:
    http://replayfx.org/arcade/

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinB:

It looks like 450+ pins alone from the list on their site:
    http://replayfx.org/arcade/list-of-games/pinball-machines/

95% of games at the PAPA facility are making the trek over. There's a few we won't move because the risk of damaging them is too high (older games, though not necessarily rare or expensive games).

We've already received several offers from individuals and companies who are bringing their own games to the festival. Raw Thrills is attending and will be bringing a slew of their new releases. Richie Knucklez will be bringing over a dozen Donkey Kong machines for the tournament mentioned above. We've also acquired a load of games that won't fit on the main floor at PAPA. We're advertising 700+, but that's just where we expect our collection of pins and vids to be by itself. All of the stuff other people are bringing is the + part of the 700+.

Also, one of the best parts of this process is the majority of the games acquired have been broken, so this accumulation by the foundation is adding a lot of games back into circulation for the community that were once buried in cold storage / electronically dead.

The ultimate goal is to put on a show that introduces as many new people to the community as possible, with pinball, of course, being the centerpiece.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from Euchrid:

I'm taking the family to this, wife and daughter too. Since they have to pay to get into Replayfx, I assume that the games for all to play will be on free play as opposed to the normal token setup at PAPA?

Correct. The festival passes will gain you access to everything we've advertised except for Pinburgh and Walter Day's Replay World Championship. Both of those tournaments have their own separate fees. The arcade, console lounge, seminars, entertainment, inflatables, face painting, music, etc, are all included.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

The ultimate goal is to put on a show that introduces as many new people to the community as possible, with pinball, of course, being the centerpiece.

The greatest show in the universe!

#14 9 years ago

Anyone else excited for the cosplay girls?

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from wxforecaster:

Anyone else excited for the cosplay girls?

Actually, I prefer women, not little girls.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from LEE:

Actually, I prefer women, not little girls.

You sir, are clearly uninformed (not to mention pretty sick for insinuating I meant otherwise). I wasn't aware that term suddenly had an age stamp on it. My wife is in her upper 30s, smokin' as ever, and will always be my girl. SMH.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from wxforecaster:

You sir, are clearly uninformed (not to mention pretty sick for insinuating I meant otherwise). I wasn't aware that term suddenly had an age stamp on it. My wife is in her upper 30s, smokin' as ever, and will always be my girl. SMH.

Umm, I do not believe that I am uninformed in the least bit. I was only responding to what you posted. To me, it was YOU who clearly insinuated what you meant by posting exactly what you posted. How is one supposed to react to your post, especially when you have a happy face following it? Now you're trying to backpedal out of your Freudian Post.

#18 9 years ago

+1 on the hot wifes in upper 30's!

2 months later
    #19 8 years ago

Don't mean to change the subject, but what is the hotel normally used for Pinburgh reservations?

#20 8 years ago

There is a list of hotels with ReplayFX discounts here: http://replayfx.org/location-travel/hotel-information/

Or, do you want the hotels we used for the PAPA World Championships earlier this year that are closer to Carnegie?

#21 8 years ago

Getting excited for this event! And some much needed time away from work. The only downside I see is that I will miss so much cool stuff due to my current obsession with pinball.

#22 8 years ago

I'm comin' from the west coast! Can't wait!

#23 8 years ago

Do we have to buy the Replayfx passes before we go, or will we be able to buy them at the door?

#24 8 years ago

To avoid any waiting in line to purchase a show pass, which could lead to a late arrival for Pinburgh, we encourage people to purchase the show passes online before the show.

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

To avoid any waiting in line to purchase a show pass, which could lead to a late arrival for Pinburgh, we encourage people to purchase the show passes online before the show.

Thanks for the reminder.

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Okay, good to know. My family usually comes with me to these things (the wife and daughter don't play many games) and getting into FX is expensive and they wanted to play it by ear.

But, for me, I'll buy ahead of time.

#27 8 years ago

Are you guys going to release the banks of games for Pinburgh prior to the show?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfx-pinburgh-update-4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.