Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mhs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mhs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

ReplayFX Arcade & Gaming Festival Update #2

SHORT AND SWEET:

ReplayFX Arcade & Gaming Festival
    July 30 - August 2, 2015
    David Lawrence Convention Center
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    www.ReplayFX.org

General Admission & Pinburgh Match-Play Championship tickets on Sale December 7, 2014, 12pm EST.

Volunteer signups begin October 15, 2014.

Vendor Marketplace openings on sale now with a limited number of spots remaining at $42.

So... Much... Fun!

ALL OF THE DETAILS:

It’s been an exciting two months since our initial announcement. A sizable collection of participants, sponsors, vendors, and games have already been assembled, and we firmly believe the ReplayFX Arcade & Gaming Festival is building into the marquee event for gamers in 2015.

For those who missed the initial announcement, The Replay Foundation, host of the largest pinball competitions in the world, is expanding to create an all-encompassing gaming convention July 30 – August 2, 2015 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The entire PAPA collection of games, currently standing at well over 500 pinball and arcade machines, will be expanded over the coming year and moved to the convention center for the festival. Add in some live music, entertainers, competitive tournaments with over $100,000 in prize money, console games, seminars, and industry booths showing off the latest and greatest, and you’re starting to get the idea.

During our initial announcement, we estimated we would be supplying 1,000 console titles to fill the dedicated console area. In the last two months, we’ve already acquired 1,420 console games, meaning we’re prepared to raise the bar even higher. The website has been updated to show the current collection, and our new target for the console area is 2,000 games, doubling the original estimate.

If you want to follow our progress as we acquire new games, you can do so on the ReplayFX Facebook page. We will be posting images or flyers of everything we purchase as well as other random gaming-related links we find entertaining.

If you’re looking for something a little bit more hands-on, be sure to watch our PAPA pinball livestreams at PAPA.org, where we feature some of the best players in the world in both instructional settings and during actual competition.

And if you’re into pinball competitions… tickets for the Pinburgh Match-Play Championship held at ReplayFX, otherwise known as the largest pinball tournament in history, will go on sale Sunday, December 7, 2014 at 12pm EST on our website at www.ReplayFX.org. General admission to the ReplayFX Arcade & Gaming Festival will not sell out, but the Pinburgh Match-Play Championship is limited to the first 700 players.

If you are interested in competing in Pinburgh 2015, we encourage you to be prepared for this deadline. Last year’s tournament, then capped at 400 players, sold out in just over ninety minutes. A waiting list of an additional 100 players capped shortly thereafter. We are being completely honest when we say we have no idea how fast this tournament will sell out. But we are sure of one thing, we are doing everything we can to make it awesome, and we hope you will be there!

Two of our team members you may need to know in the near future are Elizabeth Cromwell and Jon Replogle. Elizabeth will be managing volunteers and staffing. On October 15, 2014, she will begin accepting applications for our volunteer Space Army. As a Space Army cadet, you will be tasked with helping volunteer your time to one of the specific areas of the festival. Positions will range from scorekeeper to line management to peeling people off of the trampoline-velcro wall.

When you join our Space Army, we will teach you what you need to know, give you a snazzy Space Army t-shirt, a free pass to the festival, and let you get a behind-the-scenes look at all of the alien crime that needs crushed into submission. There are a variety of jobs available, and we will do our best to task you in areas that interest you the most. All sizes, shapes, colors, and species are welcome to join the team.

Jon Replogle is a Pisces who enjoys warm summer rain and plays in a disco band. In addition to Jon’s constant Barry White impressions, he will be managing our vendor Marketplace. If you have ever exhibited at other shows, have something interesting to sell, or a gaming-product to promote, Jon is your guy. A limited number of spots are currently available in the marketplace area for $42. So be an early-bird and be rewarded with a lower vendor fee. The festival Marketplace has flexible hours to allow vendors to both exhibit and enjoy the show.

When our core team of gamers sat down to design the ReplayFX Arcade & Gaming Festival, we agreed on a very simple formula:

Step 1: Create the greatest arcade in the universe.
    Step 2: Invite everyone else to come inside.
    Step 3: Party!

With one of the largest collections of pinball machines in the world already acquired, a collection of arcade machines that grows weekly, over $100,000 in guaranteed prize money, and over 1,400 console titles already organized and ready to play, we’re well on our way to putting this plan together.

When the time comes, we hope you will come ready to play.

Sincerely,

Mark H Steinman
    ReplayFX Event Director

P.S. Trust us… Step 3 will be loads of fun!

#3 9 years ago

Pinside always seems filled with some good ideas. I'd love to hear suggestions on what this crowd would like to see at the show.

We feel like we're off to a pretty good start, but if you have any ideas, please feel free to chime in and let us know.

#8 9 years ago

The Sharpe family is one of the seminars currently penciled in on Sunday that is pinball-related. We haven't finalized anything yet though, so nothing has been formally announced. Perhaps Josh, Z, yourself Bowen, and a few other players would want to take part in a hands-on, strategy discussion / demonstration.

I've always been partial to contrasting Andrei's skillset with the rest, since his is so radically different while still being extremely effective. I'm envisioning two games side-by-side, split screen on the projector for the crowd.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

I think PPE made this claim (biggest pinball show ever) after they went over 400 games at least one year. If you guys will for sure go over 450, let the Ripley's folks know beforehand. That should be enough for the record. (make sure to bring a Ripley's! d
    The seminars done on specific games by guys like Rick Stetta and others at CAX are always popular. Lots of videos of those on youtube. Done in the show (or in front of the show). Player discusses game and game strategy, plays some, then takes questions from the show audience (or chat?).

I actually spent a few hours today updating PAPA's inventory, and as of right now, we will be moving over 475 of our own games as a starting point. I'm guessing some other locals will care to lend games as well to increase that number. I know Doug was talking about bringing a chunk of his games.

I wasn't aware of the Ripley's thing. What is that exactly?

I have heard of the "most people playing pinball at once" record, though I can't remember where. I also recall it being a lower number than we will have just during Pinburgh warmups, let alone if we actually had players fan out over games. Do people really seek out records like that? Personal preference, I guess, but I can't say they've ever really appealed to me much. Might be something fun to set during tournament check-in with 700 players...

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Methinks someone is confusing RIpley with Guiness. So, uh, bring beer?

Yeah, that would make sense.

You going to be playing at expo?

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

Foot vibrators/massagers. We want those coin-op foot massagers.

Holy hell I love those things. I couldn't agree more.

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from fusion301:

Do you guys need pinball repair techs? I'd volunteer to fix pins if I could still participate in pinburgh.

Please e-mail me or PM me directly, and we can discuss it. I would need to know your general history / experience / strengths and weaknesses, etc.

#31 9 years ago

Microsoft will be attending the festival. More details on their involvement will be announced soon.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mhs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfx-arcade-gaming-festival-update-2?tu=mhs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.