Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Robotoes
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 3.55.59 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3831 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2536 (resized).png
    IMG_5258 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5170 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4952 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4916 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4884 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4854 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4784 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4576 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4544 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider outlaw_pete.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#212 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

oh wow, did i play against you? i was the guy who drained on Firepower, only like 1000 points away from advancing, who yelled "FUCK" at the top of his lungs, only to turn around and see a little girl sitting directly behind him. i got a stern warning from the official for that! i didn't need it, though, i felt like a piece of shit regardless. i have basically spent the last year working on stopping loud outbursts like that, haha.

I can't wait to see everyone and hope my D finalists from last year all do great and don't give me reasons to issue more stern warnings

#215 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I cant seem to find it...
    What are the restrictions (if any) for each division? I think I am top 300 IFPA (just because I play in too many events as I am not really very good but the sun shines...) so wondered how that screws me?

2. Skill Division Restrictions

The following restrictions are designed to discourage any player from intentionally competing beneath his or her level of skill:

Division A Restrictions

Qualified in Division A of PAPA 16-20
    Final Four in Pinburgh 2012-2016
    Final Four in any PAPA World Championship
    Final Four of Pinburgh 2016 Division B
    Final Four of PAPA 20 Division B
    Top 50 IFPA WPPR Ranking

Division B Restrictions

Qualified in Division B of PAPA 16-20
    Final Four in Pinburgh Division B 2012-2016
    Final Four of Pinburgh 2016 Division C
    Final Four of PAPA 20 Division C
    Qualified for Pinburgh 2012-2016 Div A Finals
    Top 200 IFPA WPPR Ranking

Division C Restrictions

Qualified in Division C of PAPA 16-20
    Qualified in any Classics Division in PAPA 18-20
    Final Four in Pinburgh Division C 2012-2016
    Final Four of Pinburgh 2016 Division D
    Final Four of PAPA 20 Division D
    Qualified for Pinburgh 2012-2016 Div B Finals
    Top 500 IFPA WPPR Ranking
    Tournament coordinators reserve the right to modify these restrictions as they deem necessary. Only a player’s highest restriction will apply. In all cases, players will be informed before or during play on Day 1 of any skill division restriction that applies to them, and a list of these restrictions will be made available to all players. Note that, for example, a player with a B Division restriction may still qualify in A Division as a result of strong play on Day 1.

#232 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Safe to assume they also dont enforce these restrictions all that much?
    Last year the guy that won C was a top 200 IFPA ranking.

This is incorrect. For Pinburgh 2016 David was in the system as restricted to C or above. At the time of the event, he was rated #209.

All players can look at the complete player list and see their restriction status. If there is an issue, let a TD know Day 1 so it can be corrected.

#261 6 years ago
    Quoted from stl22:

First time attendee with some (hopefully) simple questions.
    If I'm not doing any tournaments, is there any reason to pre-purchase the day passes? Do they ever sell out or are passes always available at the door? I would prefer to avoid ticket service fees whenever possible.
    I'm coming with a little guy - are there "kiddie step stools" available for use or should I plan on bringing my own to the convention center?
    The last question is more of a curiosity. I noticed the VIP tickets come with "raffle tickets", but I can't find a raffle described anywhere on the ReplayFX website. Can anyone who has attended previously explain this?
    Thanks!

1. Day passes are always available. It will be an awesome accomplishment if we bust the max occupancy of the Convention Center.

2. It's best to bring your own step stool.

3. There are raffles every day at the information desk. Some are daily and some are for the whole show. The prize-mistress (who is next to me) says there are some great prizes this year.

#328 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Looking like pinburgh will be using the "PAPA Scoring" app, it recently got an update on iOS for pinburgh. Not sure if there's an android version or if the web interface will still be in play for android users.

It's probably being updated for the Intergalactic Championships.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider outlaw_pete.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfx-2017-pinburgh?tu=outlaw_pete and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.