Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Robotoes
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 3.55.59 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3831 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2536 (resized).png
    IMG_5258 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5170 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4952 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4916 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4884 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4854 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4784 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4576 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4544 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dno.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#134 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I prefer the step up and start playing method!
    But thankfully after a couple PAPAs and Pinburghs I'm starting to flirt with familiarity on most of them.

How about a sweet game of "Hoops"? lol
    Pintips got me pointed in the right direction last year for that game, but yes, most the time it is somewhat worthless, sometimes it probably can steer you wrong.
    If you want "something" to start with I would check it, and then decide if you really want to try what they say.

#138 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I found myself pining for the usual Premier ruleset of "mystery award gives multiball"

Perhaps you should check Pintips, lol
    Its a one strat game.

1 week later
    #190 6 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

game list/banks was just posted on PAPA facebook. not very high res but here it is

Same as last year! WTF?

#206 6 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Most banks are unchanged. Pinburgh relies on running on time, so most of the banks that have been created are created to keep the Pinburgh train on time and use games that we have that we consider reliable.

Just a joke, I realize the papa inventory isn't going to change every year. And you don't even play half of the banks.
    Just noticed some familiar sets, and familiar games. Some friends, some foe.
    Can't wait!!!

#225 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

If I am doing the math right of how it works, it basically makes it a 1 day event if you dont qualify for your restriction, correct?
    In other words, if I dont qualify for C outright after Day 1, then that means I did so crappy that I would be too low in the forced restriction to even make the top 60? in that division of 200 by the end of Friday?

I've gotten forced into A div, last year and previously. It definitely doesn't mean you are out, just because you got forced in.
    You just have to have a kick ass day 2, a few years back, I got forced in and ended up 4th seed.
    Nobody is really mathematically out until round 8 or so, and at that point you know you pretty much earned it.

#275 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

is it warm or cool in the hall?
    shorts or pants sort of weather? or mankini?

Actually, I recall the hall being a bit chilly, especially in the morning.
    I'll have a hoodie with me in the AM. Still shorts weather tho.

3 weeks later
    #794 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Has anyone received an email in regard to how to collect winnings?

nothing here...

#799 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

eWallet email just showed up. Thanks!

mine too, but after I finished the signup, the prize funds aren't there yet. Guess Replay still needs to deposit the funds.
    I was hoping it was already there.

#804 6 years ago

Anyone have any money in their Ewallet acct. yet??

1 week later
    #825 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Does anyone know the timeframe for when money will be added to our e-wallet account?

Per the rules, they still have about 30 more days to not pay, and it would seem to me they will use it all.
    This is the biggest drag about this tournament. You pay 6 months in advance, then have to wait 2 months to get winnings.
    Not sure why being a non-profit now makes this the way things are, but that is the reasoning they give when asked.

#833 6 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Being a non-profit doesn't help, we just can't hand out envelopes with money in them anymore as we are accountable for it all. There are also a lot more than just the Pinburgh payouts to handle at Replay. The 60 days for payment has been in place for the last 3 years and is actually written into the Pinburgh event data so there shouldn't be any surprises there.

I'm not surprised at all, and fully aware it is presented that way in the rules. Hence my post started with "per the rules"
    I have submitted W-2 and waited for a check in the past, but got excited when I saw the E-wallet account setup, entered all my personal info, and now still wait...
    It's just different from any other tournament, and one of the ONLY negative aspects of Pinburgh/PAPA to me.

Quoted from ninjadoug:

Intergalactic is taking a little bit longer. The IFPA tie breaking logic is giving me fits right now. It is slightly more difficult to submit the results for the 2nd largest tournament in the world than it is for a local weekly.

I've been in this Hell before! I have had a player finishing list that wouldn't work (plyer position is higher, lower, bla bla)
    I started over, but copy/pasted the EXACT same list, and had it work.
    I think the problem is if you forget the delimiter (comma) then go back and add it, if F's the list up.
    I go through, and after entering a bunch of names, run the process? button, and see if it works.
    If it is, then copy that much of the list, and keep adding names.

#835 6 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

I'm not upset at your post if that's how it came across, just trying to provide some additional clarification.

All good! We're all just chatting

1 month later
    #888 6 years ago

check received from E-wallet.
    Hardly feels like winnings, months after the event.
    Colin probly feels differently, lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dno.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfx-2017-pinburgh?tu=dno and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.