Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Robotoes
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 3.55.59 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3831 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2536 (resized).png
    IMG_5258 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5170 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4952 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4916 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4884 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4854 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4784 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4576 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4544 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertt1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 6 years ago

Looking to do as well or better than last year. Not choking in the first round of C finals on a machine I own would also be nice.

1 week later
    #26 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I wasn't a huge fan of last years pinburgh shirt. I love this shot Shane Russel posted on Facebook of a 2017 shirt. Hopefully this is the official one for this year.

That shirt looks awesome!

2 weeks later
    #203 6 years ago

Bank 12, the bank that got me into my division finals.

Jackbot
    Gator
    High Speed
    Cheetah

HS was our last game for my group and I needed 2nd and got it. I had a reasonable score. The next day, that HS is on the stage and I saw the A players "not like this" some amazing scores on that machine. Lots of fun to watch that.

#246 6 years ago

I was slightly panicked when the subject line in my email preview said "You are receiving this because you are on the waitlist..." Just a heads up that something goofy happened with that. Confirmed my spot on the list, but was a little concerned for a minute.

#255 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

is it warm or cool in the hall?
    shorts or pants sort of weather? or mankini?

Shorts. It rained one of the days last year and I wouldn't want that humidity with pants on. Inside it wasn't humid, but you felt it going outside. Of course AZ casual dress code is shorts and flip flops 12 months a year, so I have my preferences.

#387 6 years ago

What are the options for buying beer for the hotel room? Last year we walked to several places I would have expected to sell, but I guess PA has some rules about it.

#395 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Jesus...you guys are concerned about beer in Pittsburgh??? It's the only city that I saw the rolling beer/bike/bar thingy that keeps riding around town while people get slaughtered. It was friggin' hysterical. Jump on that, grab a few brewskis, and get a little exercise while you're at it.

Granted this isn't the most high class example, yes, the AZ players do have a concern. We are coming from the land of drive thru liquor stores to a place where Circke K doesn't sell brews! The horror, the horror!

IMG_4398 (resized).PNGIMG_4398 (resized).PNG

1 week later
    #669 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I DESTROYED this one in round 9 and it helped me secure my bye with a 10 point round. Yeah it's a stupid game but pretty easy to deal with. Left flipper just sent it up toward the orbit and right I sent it to the right of the pops. Lots of ski passing. Got 2.5 billion on this one. First time I played it! Kinda sums up pinburgh you gotta learn and adapt super quick on stuff you are unfamiliar with.
    Super dopey game but I liked the sound and music. Looked like something a company about to go out of business would put out with all their leftover parts - probably exactly what it was! (I think Gottlieb actually closed for a month around this time)

What's a ski pass?

#683 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

When you simply extend the flipper and allow a ball with enough momentum to jump over the gap and land in controllable fashion on the other flipper or inlane. Not sure if I got the term right.
    Something you'll do a lot if you see a game has very shallow flippers.

Cool. I do that a lot on GB.

#719 6 years ago

I took pictures last year and this year. Early SS is where I need to work on things a lot, but from C finals to low B this year is an improvement of sorts.

#767 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

17 points for 38th now that is silly... Answer play better...

I was jokingly shooting for 39th, because that place got ~15 points last year and that's what I need to crack the top 1k. I'll take my almost 7 points from Pinburgh and try to find the rest somewhere else sooner than later. Short term goals and all.

Congrats to Colin. Very fun finals to watch for sure. I still wish they had 2 large screens above the stage that were showing both semis games getting played. That gallery is pretty large and as awesome as the monitors are they get hard to see once you are a few rows back. I'm bringing binos next year so I can sit while playing certain banks and still check in on scores from afar.

#774 6 years ago

It was something like 10-12 minutes for the first 800 spots to be taken. I wonder with 1k spots next year if it will be the same. Either way, I plan to be fast on the trigger when things open up.

#779 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

That's was I was told as well. But maybe they will just add a group to each bank?

Hopefully just to the outer banks. The inner banks aren't too bad right now, but they are reasonably full. Adding another group to each bank would make it too packed on the inside IMO.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertt1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfx-2017-pinburgh?tu=desertt1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.