Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Robotoes
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 3.55.59 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3831 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2536 (resized).png
    IMG_5258 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5170 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4952 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4916 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4884 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4854 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4784 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4576 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4544 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinzap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#140 6 years ago

Noob question alert... what time does play typically finish on Saturday? For each various division on average based on previous years?

#148 6 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Yes. We will go through the waitlisted people that are present first.

Thanks Doug... I'm waitlisted as #109 or so on the list if counting correctly. Flying in from MN, so I'm hopeful that past experiences hold true. Otherwise, I'll get a heaping dose of ReplayFX and Pittsburgh for sure.

In any case, my question for you is this... the website talks about preregistration online is required. Is this only for the ones that aren't waitlisted? How do we "check in" or preregistration if we're on the waitlist, as my flight doesn't arrive til midnight or so Wed night. I'm hoping it's a simple process of checking in at a desk or something Thurs morning to let you know I'm on-site. But with 800 entrants, I can imagine it's a bit of a zoo Thurs morning so any advance advice you can offer would be appreciated.

#155 6 years ago
    Quoted from greenhorn1:

I'll be staying at the Omni wednesday night and the westin the rest of the weekend.

Ha... you must have found the same "Internet deals" that I found. Same plan for me!! Although I'm flying in, so no car to worry about parking.

#160 6 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

We will have a detailed breakdown of what you'll need to do soon. We will offer a pre-check in at a location on Wednesday or check in Thursday AM.

Thanks Doug. I'm assuming as long as I check in before play starts, that my place in line will be held. Meaning that if I don't get in, nobody behind me on the waitlist will get my spot either. I'll be at you desk or checkin location as soon as you open Thursday!! If I can do it online Wed night just let me know.

#169 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I think it would be good if pinburgh sent out a blast to all people on the waitlist with this info and ALSO requesting if they no longer want to be waitlisted to drop the spot to help other travelers plan. I think those on the waitlist would appreciate it.

Great idea. I also wonder if robin would consider putting up a Sticky post on the Forum home page for the next 3 days letting people know that July 21st is the last day to cancel their Pinburgh registration with a refund. Wording could be copied from Post #164 above.

edit: I sent Robin a PM with this request.

#226 6 years ago

Thought I read somewhere that the match play setup at Pinburgh makes for 3 great days of playing no matter how badly you stink (yeah, I'm talking about myself again).

So, first day is to set qualifying division (or forced up a division based on restrictions), then second day is to set the ranking within that division. On third day, the top 40 qualifiers in each division playoff and the others play in a consolation tourney.

Ok, I'm doing this from memory because it's too late to look it up again... someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

#244 6 years ago

Forgive me Hilton, as I've only been on this site a year, but am wondering if you own any other style of pants?

Looking forward to meeting you and a few others. I'm still pretty far down the waitlist (in the 80's) but am hoping that previous years hold true and there are plenty of open spots. If not, I'm going to be doing a lot of sightseeing in Pittsburg seeing that I have flights and hotel booked and everything. Oh well, you only live once, right? If I for some reason don't make it in, I'll at least get a chance to play with you at Mad-Rollin in Sept.

#249 6 years ago

I just listened to the latest Pinball Profile podcast from Jeff Teolis. Interview with Elizabeth Cromwell of PAPA... and while she was very noncommittal about the waitlist (as would be expected because there is no way of knowing who will show up and who won't), she didn't paint as rosy of a picture as what I had read elsewhere on the Internet about previous years. Sounds like one year (didn't catch exactly which one) they only had 4 spots open up to the waitlist. I got a sick feeling about my travel plans all of a sudden...

#289 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Jack Danger just shared that he is out on the tournament due to another commitment (mentioned on his stream) so good news for someone on the waitlist.

Well, I've moved steadily up the waitlist each day. Started around 125 or so and currently at 59 and will be much happier if that number is in the 30-40 or less range by next Wednesday. Fingers crossed!!

#457 6 years ago

Stopped by your booth Joe and machines looked awesome. Can't please everyone, I'm sure. Seems like Medieval Magic isn't the only place to find trolls.

#476 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

I'm not trying to change their minds and I didn't say it was unfair. I don't mind competition, that aspect doesn't bother me. I'm just calling them sad pathetic cowards.

While I won't use the same harsh words as you, I will definitely say I agree with your sentiments 100%. I tried my best yesterday and missed C by 3 points and am clearly a D player. I ranked in the 7700th approx on IFPA and have only done 4-5 local events prior to this (my first pinburgh). I came because it gives me a chance to play so many pins for 2 days guaranteed that I'd never be able to play at home. My first round this morning I came across some people who were either obvious sandbaggers or perhaps just had an "off" day yesterday. Ill give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

I'd do it all again and will definitely sign up for next year as this is an awesome event. Best ever!!

#493 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Looks like I'm in the camp that may be in a tiebreaker.
    Scored a 34 in D division. We shall see!

Great job Erik. I needed an 8 in the final round to end up with a 34, which was what I also believed would get into the playoffs. I dug too deep of a hole in my first round this morning and couldn't climb out. It's true what they say that every point counts (not only in the running standing total, but also in each and every game).

Good luck tomorrow!

#497 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'm on no fear!! 8 of us. Top two scores get in tomorrow. I'm player three of game 2.

Oops, sorry for the premature congratulations. I took a quick look at the scores and for some reason didn't even see how many were tied for 39th.

#499 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

You doomed me!!! Haha. No worries. Played a bad no fear game like I always do.

Let me buy you a consolation beer tomorrow if you're around watching the finals.

1 month later
    #828 6 years ago

Well, for those of us that didn't cash and have no chance of ever cashing, I'm more interested in when they will release the 2018 bank configurations so I can start preparing.

#830 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Here's a hint: pretty much the same games as this year. So start boning up!

Thanks for the hint... you sure do know how to ruin a surprise!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinzap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfx-2017-pinburgh?tu=Pinzap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.