Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Robotoes
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 3.55.59 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3831 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2536 (resized).png
    IMG_5258 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5170 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4952 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4916 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4884 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4854 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4784 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4576 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4544 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Meegis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 6 years ago

Missed the first two because of work obligations.

Not missing this year!! WOO!

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

oh wow, did i play against you? i was the guy who drained on Firepower, only like 1000 points away from advancing, who yelled "FUCK" at the top of his lungs, only to turn around and see a little girl sitting directly behind him. i got a stern warning from the official for that! i didn't need it, though, i felt like a piece of shit regardless. i have basically spent the last year working on stopping loud outbursts like that, haha.

Gotta work on yelling other things instead

"SUGAR SHACK!!"

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from justanottergirl:

I'm still undecided on going this year - I'm still waitlisted for Pinburgh, and while I've heard that almost anyone who showed up got in last year, it sounds like things might be tighter this year. Does anyone know anything about that? And if I don't get in to the tournament, will I still be entertained for four days?

Im sure you could find a couple days of entertainment, and then plan a small road trip on the way back if you arent in the rest of the days...

#93 6 years ago

So I was wondering how sign-in happens?

I was told by competitors from prior years you can sign in the night before (Wed. 26th) to avoid the morning crowds; but I can't seem to find the proper info on the Pinburgh website.

Anybody here who can shed light on this? It would be greatly appreciated.

Also, who else is staying at the Omni? I know a handful of my fellow Canadians are.

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from justanottergirl:

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I'm pretty far down on the waitlist, but I also already have the time off and a cheap place to stay, so I will probably at least come for the first couple of days and hope I get in.

DO IT

1 week later
    #248 6 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

I was slightly panicked when the subject line in my email preview said "You are receiving this because you are on the waitlist..." Just a heads up that something goofy happened with that. Confirmed my spot on the list, but was a little concerned for a minute.

Quoted from InfiniteLives:

yeah me too! i went to the site to make sure i was on the list haha. crisis averted

I got a little pucker butt when I got the preview on my screen popup.

Glad to see Im on there, but I imagine all 800 players just went "WTF!?!" simultaneously.

#284 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

ryanwanger To help with the dress code I think we need free comet shirts with orders over $200.

Id have a few shirts by now lol

#341 6 years ago

Hoping to hear about the Omni. Its where Im staying and would make things easy.

Would love to know before Wednesday, so I can park the car for a few days and not worry about finding somewhere else to check in

#398 6 years ago

All checked in. Man that line sucked. Glad i was early

#417 6 years ago

So I pre registered yesterday, got my wristbands, but nothing to indicate that I am in pinburgh.... Is this normal? Anyone?

I had my printed ticket with me.

Hope I'm not missing something.

#420 6 years ago

I guess I'm heading over earlier than expected just to make sure. :s

#424 6 years ago

I have a lanyard.... But I'm an intergalactic spy

Shhhh.... Don't tell

#426 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Get a badge from gexchange

I will be dOing this as well

#464 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I guess C restriction didnt mean anything
    Somehow I qualified in A. HAve to say this appears and insirmountable mountain to climb in the structure, but should be another super fun day of pinball. Maybe they can come up with an algorithm for future years to better divide based on relative spread after five rounds.
    A division spread is from 50 to 33 w 247 people
    B division spread is from 32.5 to 30 w 197 people
    C division spread is from 29 to 27 w 190 people
    Seems to me like it is time for a fifth division,the A-/b+ division. Even from qualifying at 40th in A down to the bottom is a spread from 39 to 33. I can see why so many strategically sandbag in rounds 4 and 5 on day one after going through it. Just a thought while going through the experience.
    Initial thought is that top 100 should be A. That gives a spread of 50 to 36 and only 3 point difference from qualifying 40th (39) to 100th(36). Sitting down with the data and running some stats would come up with an eloquent and logocal way to make these divisions in a manner that makes for more total fun/ competition I think. I say that since the most fun competitive rounds are when you have four even matched players and a relatively level chance of playing well against each other across a bank with opportunity to see each others strength and weakness on the various era games.
    TLDR! Maybe think about adjusting A to have a more reasonable spread for future years.
    these thoughts may shift after Day 2 but always fun to put them out as a thinking point in real time.
    GOod luck today everyone and hope you all have a great time! Be excellent to each other!

Definitely some strong players dropping divisions to qualify better later. Seems cowardly tbh.

Good luck to everyone, see you all there.

#502 6 years ago

Missed b division playoffs by a few points. Had some shit games and calls in my final rounds, but managed to snag a perfect round this morning. Happy to get a medallion.

This was my first big tournament and it all went well, just a frustrating finish.

#511 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I think I was in your last group with you. It was a good time. I failed to qualify in B,but that was expected as I had no business being in B to begin with.

Set 1? With broken Lotr and angry taf?

#526 6 years ago

Ill be wandering in and out of the show today in a ninja turtles shirt.

I will have my pinside badge around my neck as well. Thanks JJ!! Gexchange

#530 6 years ago
    Quoted from Beerpressure:

Are the pinburgh 2017 t-shirts for sale? I want one

All sold out yesterday

A few other designs still available though

#543 6 years ago

Anyone need a last minute wristband for today? I won't be going and am happy to Han off. Im at the omni but leaving soonish

#568 6 years ago

I say we collude now....

Who wants to sit in the basement with me and take D for a run in 2018?

I keep demanding a DD division, but that leaves me in the cleavage.

#570 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Top 50 are. Yeah I was shocked too.

I dont know if top 50 were either.... I had a top 50 player in my 2nd round of Division B on Friday.

#573 6 years ago

Just checked, and seems he was Top 50 last year. Dropped further down this year, so not restricted to A.

My bad. (somebody was saying he was top 50 when I drew him on my match list)

#602 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

What the heck? A high level discussion of pinball technique on Pinside? Cool...

Dont be fooled.... Soon there will be some bitching about something.

#606 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How does ghosting affect bounce passing?

Its actually the hairline clear chipping in the center drain that messes with gameplay. if it cant drain in a perfect hole, its not worth playing.

#622 6 years ago

At least they call me "Mr."

graph (resized).jpggraph (resized).jpg

#631 6 years ago

So here's a random question...

Who owns the games at Replay FX? I mean, the tournament games are all PAPA games, but what about all the pins/arcades/other that was out on the show floor?

Im asking because one game intrigued my wife quite much, and I would love to speak to the owner about it.

#633 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Some of the games had For Sale signs on them, but most of them are owned by PAPA I believe. Some are from vendors.

I saw some from the vendors, but they were easily distinguished. I would assume the one Im thinking of is a PAPA game. Is there someone I can contact or how does that all work?

#689 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

meh... they left the inlane/outlane post in
    Should have seen that stupid RBION. No plunger, had to autolaunch with flippers which caused the ball to barely start inner orbit then drain to right outlane. Had to attempt to nudge on the rollback to even play a ball. oh yeah... lightning flippers added also and right flipper so spongy you couldn't do much.
    Thing was a joke of a game.
    I think sometimes they think they are making a game tougher but instead it plays so bad it is not worth being in the event.

I also played that RBION in tourney.... Ugh.

1 month later
    #855 6 years ago
    Quoted from Myles32:

Didn't get mine yet ( hope later today )

You told them to send it to me. I even handed them your signed letter of approval.

Remember?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Meegis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfx-2017-pinburgh?tu=Meegis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.