Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Robotoes
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 3.55.59 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3831 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2536 (resized).png
    IMG_5258 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5170 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4952 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4916 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4884 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4854 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4784 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4576 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4544 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LOTR_breath.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#316 6 years ago

One thing about scoring is if you get stuck in a 3 player group. It is not a rare thing. Has happened to me twice. The scoring in a three player group is 2,1,0 and then the total is multiplied by 1.5. So you likely end up with a half point. A pesky half point that you will carry with you throughout the tourney. Of course, that half point could end up helping you at the end, but I always felt like it hurt rather than helped. Just something to be aware of.

#364 6 years ago
    Quoted from Beerpressure:

This will be my first year attending, I have a couple questions. Are you allowed to leave and reenter? I want to eat a better dinner than hotdogs and nachos.
    I read they serve alcohol there. Is it a bar or just a beer tent type thing?
    Thank you.

Skip the TenPenney on the corner(over priced and very blah). Just down the street is a Taco bar and a Meatball place that are both good. Even the burger place inside the Westin is very good. If you are in a big hurry and want something very close to the venue, there is a Jimmy Johns just between the Convention center and the Westin.
    Oh yeah, the place with the killer steak sandwiches the Nate and Josh don't want anyone to find out about is called Gaucho Parilla Argentina and is about 7 blocks away.

#365 6 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

I believe he plans to talk the entire time, so just wander around listening for his voice. That's my plan anyway!

Um, like..... I don't know. It's not like the dollar starter is a ........... I don't know. OK, here's the thing. The dollar starter thing is a great way to.... I mean, like, I don't know. Just ask Tommy instead!

#370 6 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

And just like that Chris Warren disappears from the IFPA database ...

Oh snap! Well, I won't be at Pinburgh so maybe you will forget by the time I see you again.

#429 6 years ago

All the podcasts were doing "pick the winner" of Pinburgh who has never won it. I'm going with Karl DeAngelo. Second pick would be Eric Stone.

#437 6 years ago
    Quoted from speederice:

Welp couldn't make the waitlist cut. Came about 10 names short. It would be my luck that the first year Pinburgh fills up to capacity is my first Pinburgh. Good luck to everyone playing!

See, I just don't understand that, since there's 796 players listed as starting. I guess no shows who actually checked in the night before?

#546 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I noticed the group assignments were different this year going into round 10 from last year. Just wondering if this was a mistake or the rules were not up to date. Previous year had 1-2-3-4 in group 10 and this year it was 1-32-33-64.
    Had a lot of fun. Made A Division for the first time. Looking forward to 2018.

I heard about this and heard some players were not very happy about it.

#551 6 years ago

Derby Day is incredible! I have that same Jackie Chan translite on my pinball room wall!

1 month later
    #879 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People coming to Pinside to argue about a thread that closed in ANOTHER forum?!
    This is a first! Usually it's pinside exiles going elsewhere to bitch about pinside. I like it, it's a novel twist.

They gots BEEF! Pin-Beef....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LOTR_breath.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfx-2017-pinburgh?tu=LOTR_breath and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.