Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Robotoes
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 3.55.59 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3831 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2536 (resized).png
    IMG_5258 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5170 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4952 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4916 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4884 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4854 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4784 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4576 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4544 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider InfiniteLives.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

First year going and cannot wait!

1 week later
    #119 6 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

so i'm on the last 30odd on the waitlist and I'm risking it coming all the way from London

hell yeah best wishes! hope it works out

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I wanted to be able to go back and check all the matches I had and see what my win/loss record was against players ranked higher than me in the IFPA was. Anyone know a way to do that?

might be able to sort thru this:

http://pinburgh.com/2016/live/

1 week later
    #189 6 years ago

game list/banks was just posted on PAPA facebook. not very high res but here it is

20228442_10154722521841867_3502157118022306019_n (resized).jpg20228442_10154722521841867_3502157118022306019_n (resized).jpg

#247 6 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

I was slightly panicked when the subject line in my email preview said "You are receiving this because you are on the waitlist..." Just a heads up that something goofy happened with that. Confirmed my spot on the list, but was a little concerned for a minute.

yeah me too! i went to the site to make sure i was on the list haha. crisis averted

#384 6 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

And just like that Chris Warren disappears from the IFPA database ...

is that why the websites been down? to weed out the rats?

#597 6 years ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

The drop catch thing I need the most help with is what the hell to do with the ball when I actually manage to drop catch it. It's this unnatural quarter-second of having a ball stationary on a downward slope that befuddles my brain. The whole point of using it is to regain control but most of the time I flip it right back away out of control rather than helplessly watch it roll down the flipper and center drain. Advice?

I try to send it to the opposite orbit if I dont regain control from it and that gives you time for the next return to be prepared. (obviously depending on game layout tho)

#611 6 years ago

any update on who won the Intergalatic? I qualified but was flying back to Colorado during the finals. I knew that was a possibility when I booked my flight so no worries, but the site never updated the finals. Just curious who took that tourny.

on a side note, I felt so bad for the volunteers during that event. Was very chaotic and seemed to be very stressful for them. I made sure to thank them all when they que'd me up or recorded my scores, but if you are on here and volunteered, Thank You!!!

#614 6 years ago
    Quoted from Xdetroit:

Paul Jongma took first place. There is a matchplay event out there if you want to see all the results.
    It was fun to play to play in the finals. They had the finals on the stage so it felt prestigious to participate in it.

Thanks,
    here it is if anyone cares

https://matchplay.events/live/xzdb/matches?round_id=46306

#618 6 years ago

I just wanted to draw a smiley face

Squeaked into B, Went 60-60 at my first Pinburgh so at least I've never had a losing record there! 372-700-500 (resized).png372-700-500 (resized).png

#623 6 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

We added 4 more games to the tournament this year (16) and queuing by request and there was still more demand than the format could handle. I believe the IPC is the 2nd biggest pinball tournament in the world (behind Pinburgh). We will once again look for ways to improve the experience for the players.

I felt bad for the volunteer score keepers. They were out numbered haha

I think if you can get more scorekeepers (I know, asking a lot from volunteers) it would help run a bit faster. Even tho there are a ton of people all queuing up, I noticed that most of the time waiting to record your score took about 5 times longer than your actually game. Speeding up that process would help speed up the whole thing.

Thanks again to all those who helped!!

#643 6 years ago

Yeah it might have been better in the night shift. I started playing at 10 am and always queued back up after the game. got my 10th game in when the round of 16 was going on in the finals (cant remember the exact time), but it was right before the break for watching finals. The morning was chaos for a bit But like I said, I thanked each and every volunteer I interacted with, I know it can be a thankless job. Glad to hear to smoothed out in the night shift!

#667 6 years ago
    Quoted from earthvsmattGR:

The free play area of ReplayFX was amazing this year. The only downside is that I didn't see the bicyclepowered game sooner.

I was rockin' the bike game and Whysnow came and gave me a lil' extra resistance unbeknownst to me. haha super funny, I thought maybe it was setup to get harder over time or something at first, until I hear him laughing at me

#674 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did you guys see the Simon tri zone? I couldn't quite understand how it worked, but essentially you would hit a drop target, then the game would start a Simon game with the drop target insert lights. Then you'd have to remember the order and hit the drops in that order.

oh wow, no we didnt see that one.

we played sopranos a few times trying to start a multiball. Whysnow was successful, his wife and myself not so much

I think that setup would be great for parties! They should produce those if its feasible

#700 6 years ago

I just did the math. I typically think I am pretty good at SS and EM games but got ate alive on them at Pinburgh.

DMDs - 25/39 points (64%)
    SSs - 26/51 points (51%)
    EMs - 10/30 points (33%)

#718 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hi-Fi:

That was a good idea to take pictures. The website shows the total points per round but I don't remember how I did on each machine anymore.

yeah i took a pic of each score after the game and renamed the photo my player position, game name, round and outcome. also took a pic of the score sheet at the end of the round. some people had a little notebook with them that they recorded the same information.

#723 6 years ago
    Quoted from kguenther6:

Why do people's profile only show about 1/2 the number of points than this link? My points are about 1/2 of what it shows and I randomly clicked on a number of other people's profile and they are about 1/2 of the stated link as well.

after a year goes by the event value decays, each year, until the third year passes and it is gone off your record all together.

#751 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

oh, that BW100 played like trash. That one was genuinely a very bad playing game.
    Aside form that, I agree. I love this format! One of the best around and once I build out my final colleciton space I will run this same format in a smaller iteration. Just too much fun to be limited to once a year.

i won on it cause i know the skill shot haha. those flippers were junk tho, nearly impossible to get back up to the top. and on the top was only able to make the loop to the apron once. glad ive been lucky enough to play a nice example thanks to Lyons Classic Pinball

1 week later
    #798 6 years ago

any idea when intergalactic will show up on the ifpa?

1 week later
    #815 6 years ago

well, we have 5 days for intergalactic to get posted to meet the 30 day time frame requirement from the IFPA for submitting results.

#821 6 years ago
    Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

it's 60 days. it takes a long time to parse through all those jokers who only played a game or two and then left.

hmm, I once tried to help a local tournament submit results they were having trouble with and we got 1 to go thru but they 2nd was denied because it was over 30 days since it had happened. Maybe I am remembering the situation wrong, couldn't find the emails anymore, must have deleted that correspondence.

either way, yes, it is a lot of data to go thru but on the other hand 30 days is a lot of time to go thru it. I think being billed as the 2nd largest tournament it would be a higher priority to get it submitted. oh well. wppritis will continue

#837 6 years ago
    2 weeks later
    #842 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Anyone see any cash show up in ewallet?
    I have yet to see anything show up, not stressed just looking to make sure I didn’t f up the process.

I did not win any money but saw PAPA just posted this on their Facebook

http://papa.org/2017/09/22/changes-to-payout-methods/

maybe you haven't filled out all the forms or finished the registration process?

#845 6 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I set up an eWallet account and can log in to it just fine.
    I also attempted to fill out the paperwork here: http://replayfx.org/prize/
    However, the site says "You are not allowed to sign this agreement." No idea if I did something wrong. I read the entire site and fully understand the delay. I just want confirmation that they have what they need from me.

maybe use this form to get in touch

http://papa.org/about-papa/?target=contact-us

1 week later
    #882 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

the reports of payment issues are greatly exaggerated
    Thanks PAPA!

based on one individual getting their winnings?

clearly some people had issues, its silly to just say it is perfect because it worked for you.

if people have issues, the feedback is needed to make things better in the future. I think that is the key.

To gloss over issues wont solve them in the future. I would think they would like to hear the feedback (in a non shitty way) to help improve on it (such as the JR. in a name)

#886 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Feedback is always a good thing, you are correct, I am sure they would love to hear it.
    Not glossing over issues, perhaps I was wrong for being positive on Pinside. My bad. I am Canadian. Can't help it. Did I say sorry. Sorry.

I wonder how much the Canadian dollar vs the us dollar changed in the time frame? maybe it benefited you for taking longer, i have no idea but that could be a bonus haha

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider InfiniteLives.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfx-2017-pinburgh?tu=InfiniteLives and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.