Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Robotoes
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 3.55.59 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3831 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2536 (resized).png
    IMG_5258 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5170 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4952 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4916 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4884 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4854 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4784 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4576 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4544 (resized).jpg
    There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.
    #301 6 years ago
    Quoted from pghpinfan:

I can only go Friday morning. Will free play machines be really limited?

Not at all! I worked the event as a pinball technician last year. Yes, there are approximately 300 games used in Pinburgh itself, but there are still a couple HUNDRED pinball machines in the free play area even on Friday morning. And these aren't just "leftovers" either. More than plenty of A titles if that's your thing. Additionally, several vendors will have new Sterns and Jersey Jack games available for play testing (in the hope that you purchase from them). So be sure to check them out as well. Persons in the free play area are not slighted at all. In fact, I would argue that those in Pinburgh probably get to experience far FEWER games of pinball over the weekend than the general public, owing to the tempo of a competition.

#302 6 years ago

So I've always wondered, why has Replay never been featured at the top of the main page here on Pinside like all of the other shows that happen during the year?? In my opinion it more than deserves a spot up there too. People need to see and be reminded that its coming. Not everyone is going to just stumble upon this thread. I just want the show to get bigger and better every year just as it has been.

#303 6 years ago

I wish ReplayFX would take over Expo as "The" show. I know it's not likely because; history -- but it's a great show, with great staff, with TONS of space.

#304 6 years ago

Anyone selling glass at the show (standard not invisi)?

#305 6 years ago

It would be nice to have a pins for sale section.

#306 6 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

The bit about teamsters having to be the ones to move everything kind of puts a cramp on that kind of thing.

Probably another part of the reason it can't take over as a main show. Can't do something like a flea market like some others do, can't have people brining games easily.

#307 6 years ago
    Quoted from pghpinfan:

I can only go Friday morning. Will free play machines be really limited?

There will be over 200 Pins available for play on Friday AM from the PAPA collection as well as whatever vendors and other collectors bring.

#308 6 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

There will be collectors and vendors that will have some pins for sale at the show. I'm not coordinating it, so I don't know the numbers on that.

#309 6 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

So I've always wondered, why has Replay never been featured at the top of the main page here on Pinside like all of the other shows that happen during the year?? In my opinion it more than deserves a spot up there too. People need to see and be reminded that its coming. Not everyone is going to just stumble upon this thread. I just want the show to get bigger and better every year just as it has been.

I don't know the answer to this. Is that a paid advertisement?

#310 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

The bit about teamsters having to be the ones to move everything kind of puts a cramp on that kind of thing.
    Probably another part of the reason it can't take over as a main show. Can't do something like a flea market like some others do, can't have people brining games easily.

We have them on staff for the entirety of the show so moving things is never an issue.

One of our policies for non-vendors is the games have to stay until the end of the show. It keeps the selection good for people that show up later during the show and makes sure that everyone gets their money's worth.

#311 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I wish ReplayFX would take over Expo as "The" show. I know it's not likely because; history -- but it's a great show, with great staff, with TONS of space.

Location also?

#312 6 years ago

Guys,
    can you help me understand the scoring...

Looking at last years first day, picking a group at random:

Player ID Seed Result
    Mike 626 147 8 - 4
    Linus 590 196 6 - 6
    Curtis 309 489 7 - 5
    Nick 190 660 3 - 9

So from that Mike won the session I take it.

How does a score like 8-4 get made up? what score do you get for each position after a game? This makes up the 8 of the 8-4 and I guess the 4 is the points that Mike didn't win?

Cheers,
    Neil.

Thanks,

#313 6 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Guys,
    can you help me understand the scoring...
    Looking at last years first day, picking a group at random:
    Player ID Seed Result
    Mike 626 147 8 - 4
    Linus 590 196 6 - 6
    Curtis 309 489 7 - 5
    Nick 190 660 3 - 9
    So from that Mike won the session I take it.
    How does a score like 8-4 get made up? what score do you get for each position after a game? This makes up the 8 of the 8-4 and I guess the 4 is the points that Mike didn't win?
    Cheers,
    Neil.
    Thanks,

Scoring is 3,2,1,0. Whatever points you don't get you lose. So 8-4 could be any number of results. Total of 12 possible points you can win. Win all 4 games, you will be 12-0 for that session.

#314 6 years ago

Also, just for reference when talking to other players in the tournament: no one describes their record for a round as "7-5" or whatever... they just say the wins. "I got 7 last round." Each round is always 12 points, and everyone has always played the same number of rounds at any given moment, so only the win count is relevant info.

Have fun, you're gonna love it

#315 6 years ago

ok cool thanks.

#316 6 years ago

One thing about scoring is if you get stuck in a 3 player group. It is not a rare thing. Has happened to me twice. The scoring in a three player group is 2,1,0 and then the total is multiplied by 1.5. So you likely end up with a half point. A pesky half point that you will carry with you throughout the tourney. Of course, that half point could end up helping you at the end, but I always felt like it hurt rather than helped. Just something to be aware of.

#317 6 years ago

Quoted from sohchx:
    "So I've always wondered, why has Replay never been featured at the top of the main page here on Pinside like all of the other shows that happen during the year?? In my opinion it more than deserves a spot up there too. People need to see and be reminded that its coming...."

Those are paid ads. Pintastic New England pays to be there, at least.
    .................David Marston

#318 6 years ago

Still hoping that an early check in close to the convention center still happens. The last two years there's been one at the Westin, but so far this year only the pin-golf tournament has been announced as an early check in spot. It's not walking distance from the convention center area.

#319 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Still hoping that an early check in close to the convention center still happens. The last two years there's been one at the Westin, but so far this year only the pin-golf tournament has been announced as an early check in spot. It's not walking distance from the convention center area.

2nd request for early check in at the Westin. Couldn't be more convenient!

#320 6 years ago

If anyone is interested in a wicked (pun intended) wizards of oz glass translite or regular and can meet at show I'm reducing to special price. 250/100

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-glass-translite-and-normal-translite-new

Need glass too so if you have new lmk.

#321 6 years ago
    Quoted from rrosenhouse:

2nd request for early check in at the Westin. Couldn't be more convenient!

3rd request. and i'll add !PLEASE!

#322 6 years ago

And I'll add "Pretty Please!!"

Ron...

Quoted from ezeltmann:

3rd request. and i'll add !PLEASE!

#323 6 years ago

Sorry getting into the this thread so late so this may have been covered.

I was wondering if someone can shed some light on parking. I'm staying at the Westin and driving up Wednesday and will need me vehicle Wednesday night, but will be parked after that the duration of Replay. Any suggestions on cheapest approach to parking near the hotel would be appreciated. Thanks.

#324 6 years ago

+1 for reg at westin!

#325 6 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Sorry getting into the this thread so late so this may have been covered.
    I was wondering if someone can shed some light on parking. I'm staying at the Westin and driving up Wednesday and will need me vehicle Wednesday night, but will be parked after that the duration of Replay. Any suggestions on cheapest approach to parking near the hotel would be appreciated. Thanks.

I haven't parked here, but I've heard good things:
    https://goo.gl/maps/wuyHFaTp4Ln

#326 6 years ago

That's where we've parked. It's attached to the Greyhound station, but it doesn't feel sketchy, seems safe. Easy walk to the convention center and all nearby hotels, including the Westin. $13/day weekdays, $5/day weekends.

If you park there for 3 or more days, you're supposed to fill out a "long term parking" form: http://apps.pittsburghpa.gov/ppa/EXTENDED_STAY_FORM.pdf

#327 6 years ago

Looking like pinburgh will be using the "PAPA Scoring" app, it recently got an update on iOS for pinburgh. Not sure if there's an android version or if the web interface will still be in play for android users.

#328 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Looking like pinburgh will be using the "PAPA Scoring" app, it recently got an update on iOS for pinburgh. Not sure if there's an android version or if the web interface will still be in play for android users.

It's probably being updated for the Intergalactic Championships.

#329 6 years ago
    Quoted from Outlaw_Pete:

It's probably being updated for the Intergalactic Championships.

Has a 'pinburgh 2017' event you can select now, along with the intergalactic.

#331 6 years ago

That one is a replayfx general app, with all kinds of show info. Not specifically pinburgh.

#332 6 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Quoted from sohchx:
    "So I've always wondered, why has Replay never been featured at the top of the main page here on Pinside like all of the other shows that happen during the year?? In my opinion it more than deserves a spot up there too. People need to see and be reminded that its coming...."
    Those are paid ads. Pintastic New England pays to be there, at least.
    .................David Marston

Thank you, I was unaware that, that was a paid option.

#333 6 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

+1 for reg at westin!

We’re trying to set something up at the Omni for Wednesday, but we still have to work out details on that. For now, the only two locations to pick up passes are the PPL clubhouse and the convention center Thursday morning.

#334 6 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

We’re trying to set something up at the Omni for Wednesday

That would be fantastic!

#335 6 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

We’re trying to set something up at the Omni for Wednesday, but we still have to work out details on that. For now, the only two locations to pick up passes are the PPL clubhouse and the convention center Thursday morning.

Just curious: is the Omni walking distance from the Westin?

#336 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#337 6 years ago

Will replayfx still do early check-in for regular passes at the Westin this year as well or is it the same as Pinburgh?

#338 6 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Quoted from PNorth:

That would be fantastic!

I kinda figured the Westin was out as they kind of screwed the show this year (mentioned on a different forum) -- I'm 100% ok with the walk over to the Omni though, so hopefully that will pan out.

Also: The mammoth Load in task starts today! Excite!

#339 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Yes, it's a few blocks walk away(about 10 mins). Best part is that you walk by a convenient store and can stock up on cold beverages on the way to the show.

If anyone doesn't mind sleeping on an air mattress at the OMNI, I have space in my room still. (Thurs-Sun) Shoot me a PM.

#340 6 years ago

We were at the Omni last year and enjoyed it, though since I was still recovering from surgery the walk back from the Convention Center after being there from open to way late was.... lengthy. The hallways were stiflingly hot, but the rooms were relatively gigantic and plenty cool.

Tag along with someone staying at the Omni and grab a Starbucks or something in the lobby. The ground floor in that old hotel is worth seeing. I mean, Lawrence Welk's original bubble machine, c'mon! My grandma would have been so hyped. wunnaful, wunnaful champagne bubbleswunnaful, wunnaful champagne bubbles

#341 6 years ago

Hoping to hear about the Omni. Its where Im staying and would make things easy.

Would love to know before Wednesday, so I can park the car for a few days and not worry about finding somewhere else to check in

#342 6 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Hoping to hear about the Omni. Its where Im staying and would make things easy.
    Would love to know before Wednesday, so I can park the car for a few days and not worry about finding somewhere else to check in

We'll be at the Omni as well. Looking forward to seeing you there!

#343 6 years ago

the omni is great. I'm staying there this year, stayed there last year. great bagle place kinda inside it but not. parking is across its road. underground parking lot. its a short walk, nothing bad.

#344 6 years ago

I made some dollar game starter kits for Pinburgh and will have them for sale. Price is $10 and contain 4 magnets and a dollar. Each serial number is being used in a raffle in which 2 separate winners will get their Pinburgh entry fee paid back($120) I made 50 of them to promote our podcast. If interested hit me up at the show.

IMG_5359 (resized).PNGIMG_5359 (resized).PNG

#345 6 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I made some dollar game starter kits for Pinburgh and will have them for sale. Price is $10 and contain 4 magnets and a dollar. Each serial number is being used in a raffle in which 2 separate winners will get their Pinburgh entry fee paid back($120) I made 50 of them to promote our podcast. If interested hit me up at the show.

How does one find you?

#346 6 years ago

Getting pretty stoked for the Show! First time at replayfx. Maybe next year I will play in the tourny

JJ

#347 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

How does one find you?

I believe he plans to talk the entire time, so just wander around listening for his voice. That's my plan anyway!

#348 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

How does one find you?

He's bald and pissed off looking... Wait, so am I! Damnit.

#349 6 years ago

Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere, but does anyone know the broadcasting/streaming schedule for Pinburgh? Will it just be finals?

Super hyped to be there this year!

#350 6 years ago

Was only done for the Saturday 'A' quarter finals, semi's and finals last year, can't see that changing.

Quoted from mattnb:

Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere, but does anyone know the broadcasting/streaming schedule for Pinburgh? Will it just be finals?
    Super hyped to be there this year!

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfx-2017-pinburgh/page/7?hl=beyndtstng and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.