2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Robotoes
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 138 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 3.55.59 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3831 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2536 (resized).png
    IMG_5258 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5170 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4952 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4916 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4884 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4854 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4784 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4576 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4544 (resized).jpg

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 18.
    #251 2 years ago

First time attendee with some (hopefully) simple questions.

If I'm not doing any tournaments, is there any reason to pre-purchase the day passes? Do they ever sell out or are passes always available at the door? I would prefer to avoid ticket service fees whenever possible.

I'm coming with a little guy - are there "kiddie step stools" available for use or should I plan on bringing my own to the convention center?

The last question is more of a curiosity. I noticed the VIP tickets come with "raffle tickets", but I can't find a raffle described anywhere on the ReplayFX website. Can anyone who has attended previously explain this?

Thanks!

#252 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

I just listened to the latest Pinball Profile podcast from Jeff Teolis. Interview with Elizabeth Cromwell of PAPA... and while she was very noncommittal about the waitlist (as would be expected because there is no way of knowing who will show up and who won't), she didn't paint as rosy of a picture as what I had read elsewhere on the Internet about previous years. Sounds like one year (didn't catch exactly which one) they only had 4 spots open up to the waitlist. I got a sick feeling about my travel plans all of a sudden...

Hang in there. Last year they took everybody who showed up and were still 16 people short of 700. Might things be different this year? Who knows!

#253 2 years ago

is it warm or cool in the hall?

shorts or pants sort of weather? or mankini?

#254 2 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Party tank and jorts for me.

#255 2 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Shorts. It rained one of the days last year and I wouldn't want that humidity with pants on. Inside it wasn't humid, but you felt it going outside. Of course AZ casual dress code is shorts and flip flops 12 months a year, so I have my preferences.

#256 2 years ago

We talkin dress code?!!

#257 2 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

We talkin dress code?!!

Here is what I'm planning to wear

Terry1 (resized).jpg

#258 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

I will pay big bucks to. See that!

#259 2 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

If I am doing the math right of how it works, it basically makes it a 1 day event if you dont qualify for your restriction, correct?
    In other words, if I dont qualify for C outright after Day 1, then that means I did so crappy that I would be too low in the forced restriction to even make the top 60? in that division of 200 by the end of Friday?
    Just trying to understand how this works. Looks like it puts all the eggs in D1 if you are restricted?

No one is out until the playoff cutoff. That's what cool about the event.

#260 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

I just listened to the latest Pinball Profile podcast from Jeff Teolis. Interview with Elizabeth Cromwell of PAPA... and while she was very noncommittal about the waitlist (as would be expected because there is no way of knowing who will show up and who won't), she didn't paint as rosy of a picture as what I had read elsewhere on the Internet about previous years. Sounds like one year (didn't catch exactly which one) they only had 4 spots open up to the waitlist. I got a sick feeling about my travel plans all of a sudden...

That was also when we were at 200 players. It is way more likely 200 will show up versus 700.

#261 2 years ago
    Quoted from stl22:

First time attendee with some (hopefully) simple questions.
    If I'm not doing any tournaments, is there any reason to pre-purchase the day passes? Do they ever sell out or are passes always available at the door? I would prefer to avoid ticket service fees whenever possible.
    I'm coming with a little guy - are there "kiddie step stools" available for use or should I plan on bringing my own to the convention center?
    The last question is more of a curiosity. I noticed the VIP tickets come with "raffle tickets", but I can't find a raffle described anywhere on the ReplayFX website. Can anyone who has attended previously explain this?
    Thanks!

1. Day passes are always available. It will be an awesome accomplishment if we bust the max occupancy of the Convention Center.

2. It's best to bring your own step stool.

3. There are raffles every day at the information desk. Some are daily and some are for the whole show. The prize-mistress (who is next to me) says there are some great prizes this year.

#262 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Too much!

#263 2 years ago

Did you wax?

#264 2 years ago

And lose traction?!

#265 2 years ago
    Quoted from Outlaw_Pete:

1. Day passes are always available. It will be an awesome accomplishment if we bust the max occupancy of the Convention Center.
    2. It's best to bring your own step stool.
    3. There are raffles every day at the information desk. Some are daily and some are for the whole show. The prize-mistress (who is next to me) says there are some great prizes this year.

Great, thanks for the quick response!

#266 2 years ago

I hope those spooky documentary folks are doing the banger jay doc Next

#267 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

I hope those spooky documentary folks are doing the banger jay doc Next

I'm ready

#268 2 years ago

First time coming. I'll be there just for saturday. How is the free play area?

#269 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Over 800 full size pinball and arcade games + over 2,000 console games.

#270 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

By saturday most of the pinburgh games are available - just the ones saved for Finals are not available - so there's a HUGE number of pins to play all day Saturday!

#271 2 years ago

More info for my fellow waitlisted friends: "All spots in the tournament that open due to no-shows will be filled in order of the waitlist. If you are on the waitlist and are hoping to fill a no-show spot, please let someone at the Pinburgh desk know that is your intent PRIOR to 9:30am on Thursday morning. Also, please note that the Pinburgh desk is different from the merchandise / information desk and is located inside ReplayFX, in the Pinburgh area inside Hall B. At exactly 9:31am, we will proceed down the list of players who are on the waitlist AND WHO HAVE NOTIFIED US IN PERSON PRIOR TO 9:30am THEY ARE AVAILABLE AND WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE in order to fill the remaining openings in the tournament. At 9:35am, we will post a list of players who are on the waitlist and who also notified us they were present that have officially been accepted into the tournament."

9:30 to 9:35 are going to be the longest 5 minutes of my life.

#272 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Free play area is decent on Saturday, but in my opinion the best titles that everyone wants to play are still roped off from the public. I really, really, wish that at least one of each of those machines were available for us to play. The past two years that I have gone on Saturday I have ended up having to play games that I either already own, have already owned, or have played dozens of times, and that's no fun for me so end up only staying for about 6 hrs. It's really a shame because I would like to stay for an entire day but it gets old fast for me. With that being said Sunday is great because everything is available for play for the most part.

#273 2 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Free play area is decent on Saturday, but in my opinion the best titles that everyone wants to play are still roped off from the public. I really, really, wish that at least one of each of those machines were available for us to play. The past two years that I have gone on Saturday I have ended up having to play games that I either already own, have already owned, or have played dozens of times, and that's no fun for me so end up only staying for about 6 hrs. It's really a shame because I would like to stay for an entire day but it gets old fast for me. With that being said Sunday is great because everything is available for play for the most part.

You've owned EVERY game PAPA puts at ReplayFX except for the brand new titles? Must be nice. Or you're just picky and don't like "old" games?

#274 2 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

I disagree. I had plenty of fun playing in small groups, just for fun (on Saturday) last year in the free play areas. was there from 10am-midnight.

#275 2 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Actually, I recall the hall being a bit chilly, especially in the morning.
    I'll have a hoodie with me in the AM. Still shorts weather tho.

#276 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hopefully we get paired up more than once. Or at least meet up for dollar games at some point!

Both are a near certainty. We've been on a collision course for a while now. Just hoping it isn't on GOT.

#277 2 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I was chilly in a t-shirt. I'd bring long sleeves.

Quoted from epthegeek:

By saturday most of the pinburgh games are available

This. The pins in the tournament bank are awesomer. After the final round ends on Friday, all of those games are open to the public except the 40ish? used in finals. Plan for a late night Friday...it'll be your first shot at those games, and most of the tournament players will be sick of playing by then.

Quoted from sohchx:

The past two years that I have gone on Saturday I have ended up having to play games that I either already own, have already owned, or have played dozens of times, and that's no fun for me so end up only staying for about 6 hrs. It's really a shame because I would like to stay for an entire day but it gets old fast for me. With that being said Sunday is great because everything is available for play for the most part.

This is wrong. Nearly all tournament games are available for all once round 10 has finished (Friday night). At least, that's how it was the last two years.

#278 2 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

You've owned EVERY game PAPA puts at ReplayFX except for the brand new titles? Must be nice. Or you're just picky and don't like "old" games?

No lol I wish. It's just that I have been to at least 4 pin shows a year, every year since the early 2000's so I have allot of games under my belt and have been in the hobby for just as long. I love old games also, some older than I am. Flying Turns from 1964 by Midway is my absolute favorite EM, Flipper pool, gold strike, Jacks open, etc.

#279 2 years ago

Has the vendor list been made public yet?? I wanna come home with some goodies!!

#280 2 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Has the vendor list been made public yet?? I wanna come home with some goodies!!

Yes, it's been up on Replay's site for a while now.

http://replayfx.org/attractions/?target=marketplace

#281 2 years ago

http://www.riverdeemassage.com/index.html

on site massage? nice..

Also, have excel of machine list. Happy to share, kicking around pinball discord if you do that otherwise PM

#282 2 years ago

Jack Danger just shared that he is out on the tournament due to another commitment (mentioned on his stream) so good news for someone on the waitlist.

#283 2 years ago

ryanwanger To help with the dress code I think we need free comet shirts with orders over $200.

#284 2 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

ryanwanger To help with the dress code I think we need free comet shirts with orders over $200.

Id have a few shirts by now lol

#285 2 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

There are only 48 games used in all of the Pinburgh finals and we will have well over 550 pins there. There will be at least 500 pins available on Saturday. Pinburgh finals are usually all wrapped up around 6-7 PM so all of those games are then released as well.

Which titles are you interested in playing that weren't available last year?

#286 2 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

There are only 48 games used in all of the Pinburgh finals and we will have well over 550 pins there. There will be at least 500 pins available on Saturday. Pinburgh finals are usually all wrapped up around 6-7 PM so all of those games are then released as well.

Probably Doodle Bug.

#287 2 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Pinburgh finals are usually all wrapped up around 6-7 PM so all of those games are then released as well.

Ahhhhh so that explains it!! I didn't stay long enough apparently. The last two shows I was gone by 5 to beat traffic as I have a 4hr drive each way. I'm just going to get a room for a night in 2018. I was interested in playing...

TOTAN
    AFM
    CSi
    HH
    SkateBall
    FG
    TSPP
    BDK
    FH
    TXS

And some of the more rare titles that you don't really see in the wild
    Sure Shot

#288 2 years ago

Gonna post a layout map this year? I still have a load in map I dug out of the garbage from last year on the wall in my office

image (resized).jpg

#289 2 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Jack Danger just shared that he is out on the tournament due to another commitment (mentioned on his stream) so good news for someone on the waitlist.

Well, I've moved steadily up the waitlist each day. Started around 125 or so and currently at 59 and will be much happier if that number is in the 30-40 or less range by next Wednesday. Fingers crossed!!

#290 2 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Ahhhhh so that explains it!! I didn't stay long enough apparently. The last two shows I was gone by 5 to beat traffic as I have a 4hr drive each way. I'm just going to get a room for a night in 2018. I was interested in playing...
    TOTAN
    AFM
    CSi
    HH
    SkateBall
    FG
    TSPP
    BDK
    FH
    TXS
    And some of the more rare titles that you don't really see in the wild
    Sure Shot

Thanks for the feedback.

Of those, there were multiple of AFM (3), CSI (2), FGY (2), TSPP (2), and FH (3) on the floor.

It's interesting because that is actually a comment I got a few times last year. I was looking for game X and you ddin't have it. Most of the time they just didn't find it

If we have time it might not be a bad idea to throw together a game map this year...

#291 2 years ago

Siri, find me AFM...

Ok... walk west 50ft..

#292 2 years ago

There was also a TX-Sector in the non-tournament area all weekend long.

#293 2 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

I'm most excited about playing Road Show, Twilight zone, champion pub and family guy

#294 2 years ago

i'm most interested in playing Hercules, Loch Ness Monster, Predator, and Aaron Spelling. otherwise i'm rioting.

#296 2 years ago
    Quoted from drewski28:

Any word if the new Stern Star Wars game will be there? Is the list on the ReplayFX website 100% accurate or will other games show up?

Will also have a pro in our suite.. see the meet and greet info or hit me up any time Friday- Sat

#297 2 years ago

Duplicate post... : (

See everyone next week !!!

#298 2 years ago

LAST CALL for invisiglass order for free delivery to ReplayFX... Need orders and payment by Sunday 7/23... TY

We are taking pre-orders for INVISIGLASS for delivery to ReplayFX - free delivery, boxed up for safe travels home. Must be pre-paid, I will not be bringing any extra - just what's already pre-sold. Discounts for bulk orders over 3 sheets, 5 sheets, etc...
    Email Joe at PinballSTAR.com.

#299 2 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

i'm most interested in playing Hercules, Loch Ness Monster, Predator, and Aaron Spelling. otherwise i'm rioting.

Predator, WOW! I hear that game is coming along nicely... Just few little "kinks" to work out and it's ready to ship... Oh, wait... Never mind...

#300 2 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

I can only go Friday morning. Will free play machines be really limited?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.00
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 800.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 67.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    MicksPinball
    $ 233.10
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 33.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 86.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 18.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside