Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Robotoes
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 3.55.59 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3831 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2536 (resized).png
    IMG_5258 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5170 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4952 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4916 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4884 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4854 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4784 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4576 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4544 (resized).jpg
    There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 18.
    #151 6 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Perhaps you should check Pintips, lol
    Its a one strat game.

That strat was pretty unfriendly at pintastic with the spinner shot sending the ball STDM...lol

You never know what you are gonna get.

In an aside...for all your pinball Strats!

strat (resized).jpgstrat (resized).jpg

#152 6 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

When do you guys start setting up the convention center for the event? How many people do you have moving all the machines?
    Seems like a huge undertaking. Thanks for all the hard work and preparation for putting on this great show. Much appreciated.

Check out PinballProfile episode 17 with Mark Steinmann. He talks about the logistics of ReplayFX, and some of the changes they were planning for this year.

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/ep-17-mark-steinman-papa-director-of-operations_97211

#153 6 years ago

Any suggestions on the best place to park? I'll be staying at the Omni wednesday night and the westin the rest of the weekend. Last year I parked in the garage at the greyhound bus station which worked fine just seemed kind of expensive for the weekend. Just need somewhere relatively near the hotels to dump the car for the weekend, not planning on moving it.

#154 6 years ago
    Quoted from greenhorn1:

Any suggestions on the best place to park? I'll be staying at the Omni wednesday night and the westin the rest of the weekend. Last year I parked in the garage at the greyhound bus station which worked fine just seemed kind of expensive for the weekend. Just need somewhere relatively near the hotels to dump the car for the weekend, not planning on moving it.

237 12th st.

Can't remember how much it costs, but must be cheaper than the hotel.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#155 6 years ago
    Quoted from greenhorn1:

I'll be staying at the Omni wednesday night and the westin the rest of the weekend.

Ha... you must have found the same "Internet deals" that I found. Same plan for me!! Although I'm flying in, so no car to worry about parking.

#156 6 years ago

If anyone has an Indy 500 they want to bring for my GB prem (mint/fully loaded), PM me. Cash combo. Also if anyone is interested in GB straight cash and pickup, PM me.

Ad is on the marketplace. Buyer backed out due to lack of funds so still avail.

#157 6 years ago
    Quoted from greenhorn1:

The bus station (you mentioned) is the cheapest around. Its only 13/day during the week and 5/day on the weekend. Unless it's free, hard to beat that.

#158 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Thanks Doug... I'm waitlisted as #109 or so on the list if counting correctly. Flying in from MN, so I'm hopeful that past experiences hold true. Otherwise, I'll get a heaping dose of ReplayFX and Pittsburgh for sure.
    In any case, my question for you is this... the website talks about preregistration online is required. Is this only for the ones that aren't waitlisted? How do we "check in" or preregistration if we're on the waitlist, as my flight doesn't arrive til midnight or so Wed night. I'm hoping it's a simple process of checking in at a desk or something Thurs morning to let you know I'm on-site. But with 800 entrants, I can imagine it's a bit of a zoo Thurs morning so any advance advice you can offer would be appreciated.

We will have a detailed breakdown of what you'll need to do soon. We will offer a pre-check in at a location on Wednesday or check in Thursday AM.

#159 6 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

When do you guys start setting up the convention center for the event? How many people do you have moving all the machines?
    Seems like a huge undertaking. Thanks for all the hard work and preparation for putting on this great show. Much appreciated.

In many ways, setup for the event setup started a few days after PAPA 20. Show setup involves well over 200 people.

The actual machines themselves will be getting setup starting on the Monday before the show.

#160 6 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

We will have a detailed breakdown of what you'll need to do soon. We will offer a pre-check in at a location on Wednesday or check in Thursday AM.

Thanks Doug. I'm assuming as long as I check in before play starts, that my place in line will be held. Meaning that if I don't get in, nobody behind me on the waitlist will get my spot either. I'll be at you desk or checkin location as soon as you open Thursday!! If I can do it online Wed night just let me know.

#161 6 years ago

If anyone is looking for a cheap room. I just booked one in the Green Tree area. It was the 3.5 star hotel with good reviews for $60/nt. I used hotwire’s hot rate deals. I got the crowne plaza. Bed choice was also available (1 or 2 beds). So I cancelled my Omni reservation which was $633 for 4 nights. The room in Green Tree was a bit under $300 for 4 nights. Google says it’s an 8min drive to the Convention Center. Uber would probably be $10. Just looking so save some people a few bucks.

#162 6 years ago
    Quoted from mizary:

If anyone is looking for a cheap room. I just booked one in the Green Tree area. It was the 3.5 star hotel with good reviews for $60/nt. I used hotwire’s hot rate deals........Just looking so save some people a few bucks.

Thanks for the tip.

#163 6 years ago

Are you telling me about a cheap hotel or that there is a room available at the Omni?

FYI, Green Tree to downtown is not an 8min drive during Friday Morning rush hour. You have to go through a tunnel and over a bridge, and that ride will be more than $10.

I went AirB&B, $80, a mile away from the conference center.

#164 6 years ago

Official Pinburgh check in / wait list policy:

http://papa.org/2017/07/17/refunds-no-shows-the-pinburgh-waitlist/

The last day for refunds of any kind, either Pinburgh or ReplayFX, is July 21st. No refunds or ReplayFX general admission ticket transfers will be issued after this point for any reason. If you cannot attend and need to request a refund, you can do so by contacting [email protected] by July 21st.

The Pinburgh pinball tournament, which is taking place inside of ReplayFX, has 800 tournament openings. All 800 spots are currently filled, and there are 250 people on the waitlist. With so many people having signed up for this tournament, it is common to have some competitors forget to cancel and also not show up on Thursday morning when the tournament begins. To fill these empty spots, the following procedure will be followed:

1. All Pinburgh tournament players will be considered “checked in” to Pinburgh when they pick up their ReplayFX wristbands at either the convention center will call booth on Thursday morning, or one of the other locations that will be confirmed and announced over the coming few days. All players must check-in prior to 9:30am Thursday morning. Any player who has not checked in by 9:30am exactly on Thursday morning will be considered an absent player, and their spot in the tournament will be forfeited to someone on the waitlist.
    2. All players who currently do not have a spot reserved in the Pinburgh tournament but who are hoping to fill one of the empty no-show spots must sign up for the waitlist by 9:30am on Thursday, July 27th. These players must also be physically present at ReplayFX Thursday morning and notify the Pinburgh desk in Hall B of the following: 1. that they are on the official waitlist, and 2. that they are present and willing to participate in Pinburgh.
    3. At exactly 9:31am, the amount of no-show players will be calculated, and the empty no-show spots will be filled in the order of the waitlist.
    4. Any players filling a no-show spot will then be asked to purchase their official Pinburgh reservation and report to their Round 1 group before the tournament begins.

#165 6 years ago

Thanks Doug- currently sixth on the website waitlist!!!!

Looking forward to a fantastic event!

Neil.

#166 6 years ago

Strike that fourth!

#167 6 years ago

Wish I was Closer!

#168 6 years ago

I think it would be good if pinburgh sent out a blast to all people on the waitlist with this info and ALSO requesting if they no longer want to be waitlisted to drop the spot to help other travelers plan. I think those on the waitlist would appreciate it.

#169 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I think it would be good if pinburgh sent out a blast to all people on the waitlist with this info and ALSO requesting if they no longer want to be waitlisted to drop the spot to help other travelers plan. I think those on the waitlist would appreciate it.

Great idea. I also wonder if robin would consider putting up a Sticky post on the Forum home page for the next 3 days letting people know that July 21st is the last day to cancel their Pinburgh registration with a refund. Wording could be copied from Post #164 above.

edit: I sent Robin a PM with this request.

#170 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I believe that email is going out to all in Pinburgh (waitlist or active) today.

#171 6 years ago

8th on the wait list. Time to book flights I think.

#172 6 years ago
    Quoted from brett2280:

8th on the wait list. Time to book flights I think.

Beyond a doubt.

#173 6 years ago

Every year there are dozens of no shows, so yes it would be really nice if people would cancel (even if they miss the refund date) to goose the waitlist.

#174 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Every year there are dozens of no shows, so yes it would be really nice if people would cancel (even if they miss the refund date) to goose the waitlist.

Last years intended target was 700 wasn't it? Last years scoring page says there were only 684 active players, even after all the in-person fill ins.

#175 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Last years intended target was 700 wasn't it? Last years scoring page says there were only 684 active players, even after all the in-person fill ins.

Correct. The problem is if people had canceled instead of simply not shown up, more people would have gone. Every year people get cowed by the mighty waitlist, stay home, and there are plenty of vacant spots when the games begin.

#176 6 years ago

How does one go about cancelling their spot on the waitlist? A friend of mine is on there and won't be making the trip.

#177 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

How does one go about cancelling their spot on the waitlist? A friend of mine is on there and won't be making the trip.

see below

#178 6 years ago

If you cannot attend and need to request a refund, you can do so by contacting [email protected] by July 21st.

#179 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

If you cannot attend and need to request a refund, you can do so by contacting [email protected] by July 21st.

Yeah, if you're already paid - that's the place to go. Hilton was wondering if people could get off the waitlist if they're not going so that others who might be considering it can see how close to the top they actually are. Not sure the show folks have a system for removing yourself from that, or the time to wrangle it with the run up to the show.

#180 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah, if you're already paid - that's the place to go. Hilton was wondering if people could get off the waitlist if they're not going so that others who might be considering it can see how close to the top they actually are. Not sure the show folks have a system for removing yourself from that, or the time to wrangle it with the run up to the show.

Contact them via the replayfx website. I took myself off the waitlist last year this way.

#181 6 years ago

Was just wondering do any vendors there in the past sell parts ie posts, rubbers, switches etc? Going if the current vendor list I think the answer might be no. But just thought I would ask. Would love to come home with a suitcase full of parts. Ty

#182 6 years ago
    Quoted from brett2280:

Was just wondering do any vendors there in the past sell parts ie posts, rubbers, switches etc? Going if the current vendor list I think the answer might be no. But just thought I would ask. Would love to come home with a suitcase full of parts. Ty

Rob Anthony was there last year with his usual stuff, and will be again this year. Not sure if they've had any other pinball vendors that would bring parts sign up.

#183 6 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

3. At exactly 9:31am, the amount of no-show players will be calculated, and the empty no-show spots will be filled in the order of the waitlist.

So if player #252 on the waitlist shows up and checks in with the Hall B staff at 8:30 AM, and player #1 on the waitlist shows up and checks in at 9:25 AM, #1 will still get the first available spot when the no-shows are calculated at 9:31 AM because spots are filled based on the order of the waitlist, right? Just want to confirm that it doesn't matter which player gets to the desk first in the morning before I start packing my camping gear to stake out Hall B overnight on Wednesday. I still want to check-in early to try to avoid the registration mob.

#184 6 years ago
    Quoted from speederice:

So if player #252 on the waitlist shows up and checks in with the Hall B staff at 8:30 AM, and player #1 on the waitlist shows up and checks in at 9:25 AM, #1 will still get the first available spot when the no-shows are calculated at 9:31 AM because spots are filled based on the order of the waitlist, right? Just want to confirm that it doesn't matter which player gets to the desk first in the morning before I start packing my camping gear to stake out Hall B overnight on Wednesday. I still want to check-in early to try to avoid the registration mob.

"...will be filled in the order of the waitlist." -- Placement on the waitlist matters.

Seems a little more organized/official this year than last year, not that placement would have mattered last year as there weren't enough people to fill back up anyway. Yet to be seen if enough people make the trip anyway this year.

#185 6 years ago

Now fourth - I booked the flights a while ago! Can't wait! Looking forward to meeting you all!

#186 6 years ago
    Quoted from speederice:

You are correct. We will go down the order of the waitlist.

#187 6 years ago

ill be there anyway..whether i make it in or not.. im like #148 on the waitinglist currently.. i cross my fingers if i get in or not.. chances are low thou

#189 6 years ago

game list/banks was just posted on PAPA facebook. not very high res but here it is

20228442_10154722521841867_3502157118022306019_n (resized).jpg20228442_10154722521841867_3502157118022306019_n (resized).jpg

#190 6 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

game list/banks was just posted on PAPA facebook. not very high res but here it is

Same as last year! WTF?

#191 6 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Same as last year! WTF?

They had a dialed in last year?

#192 6 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Same as last year! WTF?

Most banks are unchanged. Pinburgh relies on running on time, so most of the banks that have been created are created to keep the Pinburgh train on time and use games that we have that we consider reliable.

At this size of an event, changing all of the banks every year would be an even more monumental task.

#193 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

They had a dialed in last year?

Everything above bank 60 is a whole new bank this year. Some others have changed slightly.

#194 6 years ago

Star Wars huh?

I've had that game freak out on me/crash in three different multiballs. Personally don't think it's tournament ready but I guess we'll see.

#195 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Star Wars huh?
    I've had that game freak out on me/crash in three different multiballs. Personally don't think it's tournament ready but I guess we'll see.

I had one of the Meteors at PAPA lock up on me the other day.

The great thing about Pinburgh is if a game doesn't make it the length of the tournament, we just swap in another one. You're playing for wins and not for score so a different game doesn't impact the tournament.

#196 6 years ago

Just saw hobbit is also in it the groups playing that bank will be playing for a long time.

#197 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Just saw hobbit is also in it the groups playing that bank will be playing for a long time.

maybe...

#198 6 years ago

I want to see hobbit with lighting flippers that would be awesome.

#199 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I want to see hobbit with lighting flippers that would be awesome.

They pulled 2 beast mechs and turned them in to gobble holes

#200 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

They pulled 2 beast mechs and turned them in to gobble holes

That sounds awesome I want gobble hole multiball.

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfx-2017-pinburgh/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.