Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Robotoes
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 3.55.59 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3831 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2536 (resized).png
    IMG_5258 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5170 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4952 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4916 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4884 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4854 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4784 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4576 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4544 (resized).jpg

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 18.
    #851 6 years ago

Just received notification of mine, now if I can figure out how to access it lol...

#852 6 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

can someone post a link to the ewallet sign in page? Thanks.

https://replayfoundation.globalewallet.com

also got my funds.

#853 6 years ago

I get a message of this now. "Provide company verification document like certificate of registration etc. Company name and owner name on the document must match with the details on the eWallet." Says incomplete and you can't access gain full access to your funds without it. I am just a person not a company and don't really want to provide any personal information without knowing where it is going any ideas of how to access the funds once you have them?

Quoted from pins4life33:

Just received notification of mine, now if I can figure out how to access it lol...

#854 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

I get a message of this now. "Provide company verification document like certificate of registration etc. Company name and owner name on the document must match with the details on the eWallet." Says incomplete and you can't access gain full access to your funds without it. I am just a person not a company and don't really want to provide any personal information without knowing where it is going any ideas of how to access the funds once you have them?

Try the live chat.

For Bank Account link i had to upload a voided check.

Are you trying to withdraw via getting sent a check or you can't make it that far?

#855 6 years ago
    Quoted from Myles32:

Didn't get mine yet ( hope later today )

You told them to send it to me. I even handed them your signed letter of approval.

Remember?

#856 6 years ago

I don't even have that option

Quoted from ezeltmann:

Try the live chat.
    For Bank Account link i had to upload a voided check.
    Are you trying to withdraw via getting sent a check or you can't make it that far?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#857 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

I don't even have that option

Download the W-8BEN form(Internal Revenue Service) form sign and upload. You should be good. Strange that they let me do that virtually, but I don't see that option for you.

#858 6 years ago

The issue of not being able to change the password for the eWallet site needs to be addressed. If someone hacks my email, they gain access to my account. Please respond.

Other than that, got my notification today that money is in my account.

#859 6 years ago

I did the W-8BEN form already I believe. Sorry but this process is confusing.

Quoted from puck:

Download the W-8BEN form(Internal Revenue Service) form sign and upload. You should be good. Strange that they let me do that virtually, but I don't see that option for you.

#860 6 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Funds received!

Same here. Now I'm trying to decide if I should leave $ in there for registration for Pinburgh 2018...

#861 6 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

The issue of not being able to change the password for the eWallet site needs to be addressed. If someone hacks my email, they gain access to my account. Please respond.
    Other than that, got my notification today that money is in my account.

You can change your account password in the settings menu from the site.

#862 6 years ago

Why was this thread closed on TILTforums when factual information was being made public for all concerned? I know of many players having problems with E-Wallet that have yet to speak about them publicly.

http://tiltforums.com/t/ewallet-max-withdrawal/3189

#863 6 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Why was this thread closed on TILTforums when factual information was being made public for all concerned?

Over-moderation. I guess they'd rather a hundred people each contact the Replay Foundation with the same issue/question than have it answered once in public for everyone to see. Anything to avoid possible criticism of the PAPA gang, some of whose sensibilities are a bit too delicate to be in charge of collecting & doling out six figures of prize money per year.

Apologies to Josh Sharpe for dragging his name into this, but that dude knows how to handle complaints. Always replies calmly with logic & humor. Missed his calling in public relations.

#864 6 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Why was this thread closed on TILTforums when factual information was being made public for all concerned? I know of many players having problems with E-Wallet that have yet to speak about them publicly.
    http://tiltforums.com/t/ewallet-max-withdrawal/3189

I think it was closed because of the personal attack on someone.

#865 6 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

I think it was closed because of the personal attack on someone.

Nah....

#866 6 years ago

The site decided to go wild on me... after it had been fine with my previous info. I then had to give even more PII to a 3rd party so they could fix it. The good news is the chat agent was very helpful and got me through the site issues quickly... even verifying my documents without the 3-4 days of waiting.

The bad news is the site is stupid when it comes to names and I don't like giving out photocopies of my IDs over the internet to companies I want nothing to do with.

And charging to setup ACH?? I've seen enough. When the funds finally clear I hope to kick this entire thing to the curb.

With the attitudes shown, I've already decided I'm going to travel to TPF next year instead of making my trips to Pittsburgh.

#867 6 years ago

Lol. Let's see...

Mocking the organizers of the event for the timing of payouts when they're still within the event's written stated time frame for payouts? Check.

Calling people fools? Check.

Generally complaining about anything/everything, even as something as small & insignificant as a $1 fee charged by the online 3rd party to link to your bank account? Check.

I'm not saying that you didn't have issues with the eWallet site or its process, but you lack the ability to raise valid issues without denigrating others.

#868 6 years ago

hey - I had to pay $1.50 to get a blank check to scan in (who has checks?) PLUS the whopping dollar for ACH AND a buck for linking my bank account! That's 2 whole double cheeseburgers and a round of pinball I'm missing out on!!!

Seriously though - I just want to throw out that I got a text that my funds were available. By the time I logged in it was already automagically routing to my bank account with no issues cause I did the above by reading the directions I got at the event. People love to get loud and pissy when things aren't working, but worked exactly as advertised for me. Here's hoping I win money again next year so I can experience the pain and tyranny of losing another dollar.

#869 6 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

something as small & insignificant as a $1 fee charged by the online 3rd party to link to your bank account

A buck ain't much when you win $15k, right?

Seriously though, even though the amount is insignificant, it's a bad sign when in 2017 a company charges you to connect to your bank account. It's indicative of a desire to fleece you every step of the way. The kind of situation where I'm actually going to read the EULA instead of just clicking OK, because who knows what you just agreed to.

#870 6 years ago

They shoudl just take the fees for everyone out of the 1st place winnings. Seems to be the IFPA plan so why not follow suit and have 1st place cover the fees for everyone else.

#871 6 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

Lol. Let's see...
    Mocking the organizers of the event for the timing of payouts when they're still within the event's written stated time frame for payouts? Check.
    Calling people fools? Check.
    Generally complaining about anything/everything, even as something as small & insignificant as a $1 fee charged by the online 3rd party to link to your bank account? Check.
    I'm not saying that you didn't have issues with the eWallet site or its process, but you lack the ability to raise valid issues without denigrating others.

In that thread the organizers were not brought up.

Two, timeframes were not brought up.

Three,user vengeance dismissed problems raised as if they were just "you" because they themselves never had a problem - That is what the fool comment was in response to.

IMG_3831 (resized).PNGIMG_3831 (resized).PNG

So who was attacked first??

And the $1 fee to setup ACH is stupid. As is the need for a voided check. Who has any other site they use by choice that drags you through the mud so much to use? It was a messy, slow process with an unfriendly, clunky, over bearing website. I shouldn't have to spend hours on a process doing things against your own standards to collect what was supposed to be a reward.

#872 6 years ago

This is directed at no one in particular:

Try and think of a world where PAPA and Pinburgh never existed; and you should hopefully find a happy place in your current world, to offset being annoyed at the (less than ideal) process.

ninjadoug is a great representative of PAPA!

Looking on the bright side.

I also lived through the times of no pinball in NYC after the Broadway arcade closed.

#873 6 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

And the $1 fee to setup ACH is stupid. As is the need for a voided check. Who has any other site they use by choice that drags you through the mud so much to use? It was a messy, slow process with an unfriendly, clunky, over bearing website. I shouldn't have to spend hours on a process doing things against your own standards to collect what was supposed to be a reward.

Hours?! C'mon dude, just admit you really like complaining on the internet.

I'm assuming you've moved at some point in your life, and had to go through a change of address. It's like $1.19 to get that taken care of.

#874 6 years ago
    Quoted from Robotoes:

Hours?! C'mon dude, just admit you really like complaining on the internet.
    I'm assuming you've moved at some point in your life, and had to go through a change of address. It's like $1.19 to get that taken care of.

It did take hours. Had to do the initial signup... which included looking into this company that was now requiring my PII and social security number. Completed all that setup and then explored the site.

Then after seeing funds were posted, upon revisiting, the site locked me into a page where it claimed my name was wrong. When it's in that state, you can't actually do anything else... the rest of the menus disappear, the page removes most of the visual elements, etc. it tells you to update the fields and hit update. So you do that... and nothing happens. So now you start trouble shooting. What doesn't it like about my name? Try different combinations... where is the rest of the webpage??? Why doesn't the page really look any different after clicking update? Log out, log in again... is it my browser?

The only other alternative given is to hand over even more PII (photocopies of your ID) and wait 3-4 business days and wants you to send to places you can't verify where it goes.

So I changed my name so the website would stop complaining- and succeeded. But then it said my paperwork was incomplete and I had to fill out a w-9. But I had already done that. But again, the website was in "stripped down" mode and would not let you see what you had done before, etc.

So I tried to fill out the w-9 again... but now it has my simplified name on it and I can't edit that field. So do I ignore it? Do I start over and try to change my name back again?? Does it matter, will someone actually file the IRS stuff? Who knows?

At this point it's very frustrating - the site is just blocking me left and right. And all this is just over a Jr. in my legal name!

So I found a chat link for support... and it took them about 40mins to look into the problem and verify the correct course of action... which they changed my name back to JR again and confirmed the name update invalidated the previous w-9. So they say, change your name back. And then the page would not let me pass again and didn't work. Same problem. So they concluded they required me to make copies of my ID and upload them (not happy) and they would override it on their side. Which according to their site would take several business days (and support chat was not to be used to try to shortcut that).

But as I said before, the good news was the agent was able to validate the information on the fly and get things approved. So in about an hour they were able to fix it so I could fully login again and see the full website (remember it worked after I set it up ok... just stopped when I returned 40+ days later).

So then I had to look at the disbursement options... then go through the bank setup options... which again meant locating paper checks to paper validate something that shouldn't need paper validation. Then confirm that these fees were accurate for us... as replay said before there was an error in the webpage about what fees we were responsible for. Then the site said it would take several business days to verify the bank info. Then I could return, setup a transfer, and then wait several days again.

Contrast this with any other bank transfer system which requires four pieces of information that can be manually entered and posted the next day.

So yes, I did have to spend hours on this process for no fault of my own because of the poorly implemented site that requires legal names, but can't handle legal names without manual overrides with physical copies.

I still don't know why it worked back in august but stopped after the funds were posted.

But yeah... it's just I wanted to complain on the internet.... *rolleyes*

This is the kind of BS that makes minor things bigger. When people are dismissive and judging when they don't even have the facts.

#875 6 years ago

Thanks. This is exactly the kind of info that anyone who's a Jr. or uses two forms of their legal name might need to know when navigating the eWallet process. If no one complains, the Replay Foundation doesn't know what their users are dealing with. Maybe this helps Replay improve the process going forward.

TL;DR: squeaky wheel gets the grease.

#876 6 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

In that thread the organizers were not brought up.
    Two, timeframes were not brought up.

You have a very selective memory. I'll just leave the images below as a refresher.
    When you mock an event, you mock the organizers. And posting a disparaging comment/meme doesn't constitute "wondering."

Similar to how I handle conflict issues/complaints with my team at work, with others, with my kids: I always encourage people to consider how they could have done something differently to handle it better. A mere suggestion for you...
    - Bring up that you're having difficulties with Replay's chosen partner eWallet. You're addressing the issues and complaints on the process directly with eWallet (because it's eWallet's issue -- not Replay's), but wanted Replay to know about it in case a lot of other people are having similar issues.
    - Don't mock the event (or something) that you enjoy.

pasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png

#877 6 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

You have a very selective memory. I'll just leave the images below as a refresher.

Dude... DIFFERENT THREADS! The thread that was closed this week as soon as something critical was said - http://tiltforums.com/t/ewallet-max-withdrawal/3189/15

Quoted from Snailman:

When you mock an event, you mock the organizers

No, you challenge their WORK. If you can't be objective about things, fielding feedback about things you've been involved with may be difficult.

Quoted from Snailman:

- Bring up that you're having difficulties with Replay's chosen partner eWallet. You're addressing the issues and complaints on the process directly with eWallet (because it's eWallet's issue -- not Replay's), but wanted Replay to know about it in case a lot of other people are having similar issues.

Let's give you a refresher... That's the tone the first thread started with, and then Elizabeth (and bowen) came in guns blazing because someone had the nerve to question their choice.

And then organizers were snarky because people couldn't find their fine print on the changes (which.. even had to be addressed with a blog post this month)
    And then organizers were upset because 'within 60 days' in their mind was give us every bit of 60 days before asking.. and responding with play threats to delay payments further (real classy)

And responses to feedback regarding trouble were handled the exact same way some people chose to respond here... by attacking the messenger vs considering maybe... just maybe... there could be things they weren't exposed to themselves.

Then people make false accusations (bowen's comment to me) which is left in place, while responses are deleted and the thread locked.

Then in the new thread, same thing... mention struggles with the site and people attack you as a complainer. I shouldn't have to document the entire drama to establish the credibility of the complaint. But instead the defenders are quick to leap to attack the messenger. And then a new thread gets shutdown

And I DID send my event feedback directly to Mark and Doug (because some of it was competition related) On Aug 2 at 9:52pm. (no response btw.. not that my mail necessarily necessitated one.. but no acknowledgement either).

Any gap fillers you require Snailman?

Or just maybe... people believe someone is being sincere before rushing to attack what they believe to be exaggerations?

#878 6 years ago

People coming to Pinside to argue about a thread that closed in ANOTHER forum?!

This is a first! Usually it's pinside exiles going elsewhere to bitch about pinside. I like it, it's a novel twist.

#879 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People coming to Pinside to argue about a thread that closed in ANOTHER forum?!
    This is a first! Usually it's pinside exiles going elsewhere to bitch about pinside. I like it, it's a novel twist.

They gots BEEF! Pin-Beef....

#880 6 years ago

Utilizing the eWallet for payout wasn't mentioned till after Pinburgh?

If that was the case they should of offered check or eWallet as options this year.

1 week later
    #881 6 years ago

the reports of payment issues are greatly exaggerated

Thanks PAPA!
    Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 3.55.59 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-04 at 3.55.59 PM (resized).png

#882 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

the reports of payment issues are greatly exaggerated
    Thanks PAPA!

based on one individual getting their winnings?

clearly some people had issues, its silly to just say it is perfect because it worked for you.

if people have issues, the feedback is needed to make things better in the future. I think that is the key.

To gloss over issues wont solve them in the future. I would think they would like to hear the feedback (in a non shitty way) to help improve on it (such as the JR. in a name)

#883 6 years ago

Thanks for the bump, @puck. Totally forgot to log in and withdraw my funds. One more step in the chore. I'm probably done playing in tourneys with this payout method.

#884 6 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

based on one individual getting their winnings?
    clearly some people had issues, its silly to just say it is perfect because it worked for you.
    if people have issues, the feedback is needed to make things better in the future. I think that is the key.
    To gloss over issues wont solve them in the future. I would think they would like to hear the feedback (in a non shitty way) to help improve on it (such as the JR. in a name)

Feedback is always a good thing, you are correct, I am sure they would love to hear it.

Not glossing over issues, perhaps I was wrong for being positive on Pinside. My bad. I am Canadian. Can't help it. Did I say sorry. Sorry.

#885 6 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Thanks for the bump, puck. Totally forgot to log in and withdraw my funds. One more step in the chore. I'm probably done playing in tourneys with this payout method.

++ chore is the perfect word to describe the process

#886 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Feedback is always a good thing, you are correct, I am sure they would love to hear it.
    Not glossing over issues, perhaps I was wrong for being positive on Pinside. My bad. I am Canadian. Can't help it. Did I say sorry. Sorry.

I wonder how much the Canadian dollar vs the us dollar changed in the time frame? maybe it benefited you for taking longer, i have no idea but that could be a bonus haha

#887 6 years ago

I have a US dollar account so I never exchange the money due to all of the exchange fluctuations between our countries, it actually hurts us as the dollar was 5 cents lower when Pinburgh happened, so the US dollar exchanged to Can is less. Just another thing to blame the guys at PAPA for lol... The process wasnt great this year but I get why they did it when you run a show of this magnitude you have to try to ease the administration in anyway you can. Hopefully they will work out the bugs and it will work better next year.

Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I wonder how much the Canadian dollar vs the us dollar changed in the time frame? maybe it benefited you for taking longer, i have no idea but that could be a bonus haha

#888 6 years ago

check received from E-wallet.
    Hardly feels like winnings, months after the event.
    Colin probly feels differently, lol

#889 6 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

check received from E-wallet.
    Hardly feels like winnings, months after the event.

nothing beats an instant pile of CA$H!

#890 6 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Man... I had to make three SEPARATE withdrawals across three agonizingly long days.
    #pinburghchampproblems

#891 6 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

Man... I had to make three SEPARATE withdrawals across three agonizingly long days.
    #pinburghchampproblems

I'm on withdrawal #11 out of 7500. It's really entertaining doing this $1 at a time

#892 6 years ago

You getting charged a bank fee on each withdrawal or transfer?

#893 6 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

You getting charged a bank fee on each withdrawal or transfer?

$1 per withdrawal. Boo hoo.

#894 6 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

$1 per withdrawal

It's not JUST a dollar!

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfx-2017-pinburgh/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.