Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Robotoes
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 3.55.59 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3831 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2536 (resized).png
    IMG_5258 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5170 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4952 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4916 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4884 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4854 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4784 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4576 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4544 (resized).jpg
    There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.
    #451 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Just looked. Every game in that booth is off.

Their techs went to dinner is what I heard.

#452 6 years ago

Any chance they're coming back maybe? I would def go but two of those games are the main reason....

#453 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

So I just heard the jjp games were turned off? Wtf? Kind of a dick move. As a potential buyer of DI I was really excited to try it. People have to work during the day so hoping to hit the night shift. Too bad. No longer going.

Vendors are required to be open 8 hours. We were open 8-8, which is 12 hours. We had no dinner. We need to eat and sleep too. The show is open til what 1 am but we are not able to stand on our feet for what you are suggesting would be 4 straight 17 hour days. Seriously ? Dick move ? Wow that's harsh. We have 23 games in our booth we moved here, a week out of our lives, so you're welcome ! : )

#454 6 years ago

Thanks for whta you do Joe!

#455 6 years ago

I am leaving tomorrow morning for Pittsburgh and I'm so hyped I can't sleep.

#456 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks for whta you do Joe!

Ty Hilton I feel bad but it's not physically possible to be open 17 hours a day eat and sleep. We aren't in free play and most other vendors were closed up at 5. We'll stay open a little later fri and sat but I have staff I have to think about too. There's 800 games there it's not like there's nothing to do lol.. being nasty isn't nice. We do alot for folks. See everyone tomorrow we'll be there at 8am ! : )

#457 6 years ago

Stopped by your booth Joe and machines looked awesome. Can't please everyone, I'm sure. Seems like Medieval Magic isn't the only place to find trolls.

#458 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

So I just heard the jjp games were turned off? Wtf? Kind of a dick move. As a potential buyer of DI I was really excited to try it. People have to work during the day so hoping to hit the night shift. Too bad. No longer going.

Live in Pittsburgh and not going to ReplayFX? Insanity. Your loss.

#459 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Vendors are required to be open 8 hours. We were open 8-8, which is 12 hours. We had no dinner. We need to eat and sleep too. The show is open til what 1 am but we are not able to stand on our feet for what you are suggesting would be 4 straight 17 hour days. Seriously ? Dick move ? Wow that's harsh. We have 23 games in our booth we moved here, a week out of our lives, so you're welcome ! : )

Didn't know these games were vendor provided. Thought they were on the floor like everything else. I ended up going and playing a ton of other titles. Still worth it. Hopefully going forward there are some jjp on the floor and not just tied to vendor. Could be a pipedream though.

#460 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Didn't know these games were vendor provided. Thought they were on the floor like everything else. I ended up going and playing a ton of other titles. Still worth it. Hopefully going forward there are some jjp on the floor and not just tied to vendor. Could be a pipedream though.

We are / will there 12-13 hours each day. Hopefully you can come during those hours. Even pull me aside when you do and I'll make personally sure you get a personal tour of the game from me if you'd like. The lines aren't bad at all as there is so much stuff to do at ReplayFX even with a lot of people there they are always spread out. We'll be there tonight Fri and Sat to provide later hours for attendees after work hours than last night which was mostly just tournament players. Additionally for those with mid week work concerns we will be there another 12-14 hours Sat and 8 hours Sun. Hopefully with all that it'll fit your schedule and once you see how much we bring for everyone to enjoy you'll understand the effort behind it. TY

#461 6 years ago

Hey I know this question has been asked a million times. What's the best parking solutions? We're just looking for one day

#462 6 years ago

PinballSTAR, Look forward to watching your video. Will it be on a YouTube channel at all do you think?

#463 6 years ago

I guess C restriction didnt mean anything

Somehow I qualified in A. HAve to say this appears and insirmountable mountain to climb in the structure, but should be another super fun day of pinball. Maybe they can come up with an algorithm for future years to better divide based on relative spread after five rounds.
    A division spread is from 50 to 33 w 247 people
    B division spread is from 32.5 to 30 w 197 people
    C division spread is from 29 to 27 w 190 people

Seems to me like it is time for a fifth division,the A-/b+ division. Even from qualifying at 40th in A down to the bottom is a spread from 39 to 33. I can see why so many strategically sandbag in rounds 4 and 5 on day one after going through it. Just a thought while going through the experience.
    Initial thought is that top 100 should be A. That gives a spread of 50 to 36 and only 3 point difference from qualifying 40th (39) to 100th(36). Sitting down with the data and running some stats would come up with an eloquent and logocal way to make these divisions in a manner that makes for more total fun/ competition I think. I say that since the most fun competitive rounds are when you have four even matched players and a relatively level chance of playing well against each other across a bank with opportunity to see each others strength and weakness on the various era games.

TLDR! Maybe think about adjusting A to have a more reasonable spread for future years.

these thoughts may shift after Day 2 but always fun to put them out as a thinking point in real time.

GOod luck today everyone and hope you all have a great time! Be excellent to each other!

Edit to add: Jeffrey D, find me today if you read this. FOrgot to get you something after the last round yesterday.

#464 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Somehow I qualified in A. HAve to say this appears and insirmountable mountain to climb in the structure, but should be another super fun day of pinball. Maybe they can come up with an algorithm for future years to better divide based on relative spread after five rounds.
    Seems to me like it is time for a fifth division,the A-/b+ division. Even from qualifying at 40th in A down to the bottom is a spread from 39 to 33. I can see why so many strategically sandbag in rounds 4 and 5 on day one after going through it. Just a thought while going through the experience.
    Initial thought is that top 100 should be A. That gives a spread of 50 to 36 and only 3 point difference from qualifying 40th (39) to 100th(36). Sitting down with the data and running some stats would come up with an eloquent and logocal way to make these divisions in a manner that makes for more total fun/ competition I think. I say that since the most fun competitive rounds are when you have four even matched players and a relatively level chance of playing well against each other across a bank with opportunity to see each others strength and weakness on the various era games.
    TLDR! Maybe think about adjusting A to have a more reasonable spread for future years.
    these thoughts may shift after Day 2 but always fun to put them out as a thinking point in real time.
    GOod luck today everyone and hope you all have a great time! Be excellent to each other!

Definitely some strong players dropping divisions to qualify better later. Seems cowardly tbh.

Good luck to everyone, see you all there.

#465 6 years ago
    Quoted from tbutler6:

PinballSTAR, Look forward to watching your video. Will it be on a YouTube channel at all do you think?

it's on our facebook page

#466 6 years ago

Well after starting strong, some of the better players swiftly knocked me back down. Combine that with some horrible play by me in rounds 4 and 5 I'm sitting in D. Gonna keep giving it my all. So amazing how many really good players are here. Absolutely no gimmie wins. Can't wait to get going again today!!

#467 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey I know this question has been asked a million times. What's the best parking solutions? We're just looking for one day

Id just park right in the conventions deck.

#468 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Edit to add: Jeffrey D, find me today if you read this. FOrgot to get you something after the last round yesterday.

I finished yesterday with 32 points, half a point from A. Not bad for a D player last year.

#469 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

The last thing we need is another division. 4 is enough.

The real issue is the dozens and dozens of people trying to beef their way into B. So many people did it that the cut line is lower for A this year by one point this year than it was last year. Proving the old adage that its mathematically impossible for EVERYONE to beef.

So 50 more people are in A this year. I'm looking forward to playing them today.

#470 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

I finished yesterday with 32 points, half a point from A. Not bad for a D player last year.

Nice job!!

#471 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The last thing we need is another division. 4 is enough.
    The real issue is the dozens and dozens of people trying to beef their way into B. So many people did it that the cut line is lower for A this year by one point this year than it was last year. Proving the old adage that its mathematically impossible for EVERYONE to beef.
    So 50 more people are in A this year. I'm looking forward to playing them today.

Man, this concept is so infuriating to me. Just fucking quit if you are so scared of other good players that you would throw matches trying to game the system for easier competition. I have absolutely no respect for any embarrassing, worthless wastes of flesh taking that approach. What pathetic cowards.

#472 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I'll try and stop by one of your banks today

#473 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Man, this concept is so infuriating to me. Just fucking quit if you are so scared of other good players that you would throw matches trying to game the system for easier competition. I have absolutely no respect for any embarrassing, worthless wastes of flesh taking that approach. What pathetic cowards.

And nor will they care about your ranting if they're taking this approach...clearly they already have an exploitative attitude, you think they're going to give 2 craps if other players have kneecapped themselves out of money by being "ethical", and then whinge about it 'not being fair'? This is the entire reason division restrictions are in place. If they're going after a b-div high finish for the money as opposed to mid-a finish, then they're going to get exactly one chance for success in that, and should be forced into A afterwards. This is also why I don't agree that IFPA ranking is a reliable indicator of actual skill. I think after this year, I'm going to have my profile suppressed...I just don't care all that much about the SCS moving foward. I went to Nationals, I tanked..no big deal, but not worth spending the money to travel back when the games are set up so hard they're not even fun to play anymore. I'll keep my IFPA fee, and my travel money, for better uses.....like...hopefully going to Pinburgh in the next few years.

#474 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

We are / will there 12-13 hours each day. Hopefully you can come during those hours. Even pull me aside when you do and I'll make personally sure you get a personal tour of the game from me if you'd like. The lines aren't bad at all as there is so much stuff to do at ReplayFX even with a lot of people there they are always spread out. We'll be there tonight Fri and Sat to provide later hours for attendees after work hours than last night which was mostly just tournament players. Additionally for those with mid week work concerns we will be there another 12-14 hours Sat and 8 hours Sun. Hopefully with all that it'll fit your schedule and once you see how much we bring for everyone to enjoy you'll understand the effort behind it. TY

Joe do you have to shut down the games when you leave at this show? Could just leave them up and unsupervised

JJ

#475 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

And nor will they care about your ranting if they're taking this approach...clearly they already have an exploitative attitude, you think they're going to give 2 craps if other players have kneecapped themselves out of money by being "ethical",

I'm not trying to change their minds and I didn't say it was unfair. I don't mind competition, that aspect doesn't bother me. I'm just calling them sad pathetic cowards.

#476 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

I'm not trying to change their minds and I didn't say it was unfair. I don't mind competition, that aspect doesn't bother me. I'm just calling them sad pathetic cowards.

While I won't use the same harsh words as you, I will definitely say I agree with your sentiments 100%. I tried my best yesterday and missed C by 3 points and am clearly a D player. I ranked in the 7700th approx on IFPA and have only done 4-5 local events prior to this (my first pinburgh). I came because it gives me a chance to play so many pins for 2 days guaranteed that I'd never be able to play at home. My first round this morning I came across some people who were either obvious sandbaggers or perhaps just had an "off" day yesterday. Ill give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

I'd do it all again and will definitely sign up for next year as this is an awesome event. Best ever!!

#477 6 years ago

I want to also say thanks to Joe from PinballSTAR. This guy is very polite and was more than happy to chat about Dialed In as well as other general pinball chit-chat. They have two DI SEs set up, i was thrilled to have a chance to play a few games.

#478 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

While I won't use the same harsh words as you, I will definitely say I agree with your sentiments 100%. I tried my best yesterday and missed C by 3 points and am clearly a D player. I ranked in the 7700th approx on IFPA and have only done 4-5 local events prior to this (my first pinburgh). I came because it gives me a chance to play so many pins for 2 days guaranteed that I'd never be able to play at home. My first round this morning I came across some people who were either obvious sandbaggers or perhaps just had an "off" day yesterday. Ill give them the benefit of the doubt for now.
    I'd do it all again and will definitely sign up for next year as this is an awesome event. Best ever!!

People definitely have off days. Been playing competitively regularly for at least 2 years now, I was in the 800s in IFPA. I qualified around 50th in D yesterday. It happens for sure, but so does the sandbagging.

#479 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Thanks for bringing those pins for us to play. I volunteered as a free play tech and was there Thursday night until about 11. I can't speak for the Replay staff but I personally would've watched your booth while you guys took a break or even after hours. Maybe mention it to the coordinators to see if next year you can coordinate with the free play techs to include your games in their rotation when you're on break. Thanks again!

#480 6 years ago

Anyone know why the pinburgh live standings page is down?

#481 6 years ago
    Quoted from Beerpressure:

Anyone know why the pinburgh live standings page is down?

It's working well for me.

#482 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

It's working well for me.

Can you link it? I go to the pinburgh page and click "click here for latest standing" and it's dead

#483 6 years ago
    Quoted from behrmr:

Thanks for bringing those pins for us to play. I volunteered as a free play tech and was there Thursday night until about 11. I can't speak for the Replay staff but I personally would've watched your booth while you guys took a break or even after hours. Maybe mention it to the coordinators to see if next year you can coordinate with the free play techs to include your games in their rotation when you're on break. Thanks again!

Awesome come see me so at least we have eyes on them in case something breaks - We are thrilled to be able to leave the games on for everyone !!! We were going to stay later tonight of course but staying til 1 would be impossible from 8am...

#484 6 years ago

Can you link it? I go to the pinburgh page and click "click heres for live standing" and it's dead

http://pinburgh.com/2017/live/

#485 6 years ago

Can you link it? I go to the pinburgh page and click "click here for latest standing" and it's dead

Don't use that link. Use the links at the bottom underneath the most recent session.

#486 6 years ago

I got 32 and just missed A. Little disappointed but hopefully do well today and make B playoffs at least.

#487 6 years ago

Having a blast! Is it just me or are there quite a few less games available to play outside the tournament bank?

#488 6 years ago

The wife is asking about restaurant's within walking distance of the show. Nothing fancy, just something for a quick 30 minute sit down. Thanks guys!!!

#489 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

People definitely have off days. Been playing competitively regularly for at least 2 years now, I was in the 800s in IFPA. I qualified around 50th in D yesterday. It happens for sure, but so does the sandbagging.

Dude..... your sandbagging skills are off... you said you could surely sandbag your way into b... so upsetting... ha ha

#490 6 years ago

Anyone know when the pinball machines they're using for the tournament will be available for free play? I thought it was going to be tomorrow around noon but on the website it says pinburgh is taking place from 9 a.m to 10 p.m tomorrow, so, is it just Sunday that they are going to be available to play?

#491 6 years ago
    Quoted from Camplify:

Anyone know when the pinball machines they're using for the tournament will be available for free play? I thought it was going to be tomorrow around noon but on the website it says pinburgh is taking place from 9 a.m to 10 p.m tomorrow, so, is it just Sunday that they are going to be available to play?

Lots of games open up tonight I believe. Definitely by tomorrow. You will be wise to attend. Except don't play stern Rolling Stones or blackwater. Those games suck.

#492 6 years ago

Looks like I'm in the camp that may be in a tiebreaker.

Scored a 34 in D division. We shall see!

#493 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Looks like I'm in the camp that may be in a tiebreaker.
    Scored a 34 in D division. We shall see!

Great job Erik. I needed an 8 in the final round to end up with a 34, which was what I also believed would get into the playoffs. I dug too deep of a hole in my first round this morning and couldn't climb out. It's true what they say that every point counts (not only in the running standing total, but also in each and every game).

Good luck tomorrow!

#494 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Great job Erik. I needed an 8 in the final round to end up with a 34, which was what I also believed would get into the playoffs. I dug too deep of a hole in my first round this morning and couldn't climb out. It's true what they say that every point counts (not only in the running standing total, but also in each and every game).
    Good luck tomorrow!

I'm on no fear!! 8 of us. Top two scores get in tomorrow. I'm player three of game 2.

#495 6 years ago

Finished 10th in B. First round bye for the playoffs I believe. Way better than I thought I'd do!

#496 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Finished 10th in B. First round bye for the playoffs I believe. Way better than I thought I'd do!

Dude that's incredible. Well done.

#497 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'm on no fear!! 8 of us. Top two scores get in tomorrow. I'm player three of game 2.

Oops, sorry for the premature congratulations. I took a quick look at the scores and for some reason didn't even see how many were tied for 39th.

#498 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Oops, sorry for the premature congratulations. I took a quick look at the scores and for some reason didn't even see how many were tied for 39th.

You doomed me!!! Haha. No worries. Played a bad no fear game like I always do.

#499 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

You doomed me!!! Haha. No worries. Played a bad no fear game like I always do.

Let me buy you a consolation beer tomorrow if you're around watching the finals.

#500 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Let me buy you a consolation beer tomorrow if you're around watching the finals.

I'll be around destroying people in intergalactic. Come find me. Or text. 859 eight one six 2783

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfx-2017-pinburgh/page/10?hl=tbutler6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.