Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Robotoes
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 3.55.59 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3831 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2536 (resized).png
    IMG_5258 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5170 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4952 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4916 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4884 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4854 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4784 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4576 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4544 (resized).jpg
    There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 18.
    #1 6 years ago

How is there no ReplayFX thread yet? Wacky! It's less than a month away!

Pinburgh at 800 players, the open entry Intergalactic Pinball Championship, tons of other pins to play, a mountain of arcade/console/board games and other family entertainment stuff to boot. ReplayFX has been a great time both years so far and I can't wait for the end of July!

To paraphrase last year's thread starter:

ReplayFX will take place July 27-30, 2017 at the David L Lawrence Convention Center. They are doing everything they can to introduce pinball to a new audience, and they hope you will join them in the effort.

More information can be found at their website: http://www.ReplayFX.org

#2 6 years ago

I'm going - was really impressed with it last year.

#3 6 years ago

I'll be there for the whole event. It's incredible. No other show that I've been to compares to this one.

#4 6 years ago

I've been there the first two years and will be back again next month. Looking forward to the Intergalaga tournament,

#5 6 years ago

First year going and cannot wait!

#7 6 years ago

I've been to the last two as a player in the kongoff championship. Unfortunately it's no longer there, so I can't go this year. Definitely worth checking out though for anybody that's never gone.

#8 6 years ago

Looking to do as well or better than last year. Not choking in the first round of C finals on a machine I own would also be nice.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Looking to do as well or better than last year. Not choking in the first round of C finals on a machine I own would also be nice.

I'm just hoping to not get too wrecked since I have to play in C this year after doing decent in D last year. It's not like I've gotten much better since then!

#10 6 years ago

This is my first Pinburgh!! Can't wait!! Really looking forward to putting lots of online names with faces.

#11 6 years ago

Waiting to hear what improvements they made from last years feedback. A fun event for the whole family.

#13 6 years ago

Less than month away! Woohoo! Bring on the competition!

#14 6 years ago

Looking forward to this since last year.
    Amazing show and tourney.

#15 6 years ago

First timer heading out as well. Looks awesome!

#16 6 years ago

I wasn't a huge fan of last years pinburgh shirt. I love this shot Shane Russel posted on Facebook of a 2017 shirt. Hopefully this is the official one for this year.

IMG_2517 (resized).JPGIMG_2517 (resized).JPG

#17 6 years ago

I'll be there.....great tournament...wear comfortable shoes.

#18 6 years ago

PinballSTAR Amusements will be there with our large booth filled with tons of stuff for folks to play / buy - A lot of stuff set up to play / sell off floor and a good number of games NIB to take home. Planning on bringing the following subject to change due to availability / inventory at that time :

*JJP :
    Wizard of Oz (set up and NIB)
    Hobbit (set up and NIB)
    Dialed In (set up)

*Planetary Pinball / Chicago Gaming :
    Medieval Madness Remake (set up)
    Attack From Mars Remake (set up)

*VP Cabs (Virtual Pinball) :
    Wizard (set up)
    Vertigo - Arcade and Virtual Pinball (set up)
    Vortex - Tabletop Vertigo (set up)

*Spooky Pinball :
    Rob Zombie Spookshow International (NIB)

*Chicago Gaming :
    Arcade Legends 3 (set up)
    Coffee Table Foosball (NIB)

We might plan to do another children's hospital charity raffle - anyone up for them again ? We donated 3 WOZ's to hospitals last year as a result ! One for each show we did in 2016...

Remember to support the distributors who support the shows and do things in the hobby and not just sell you games ! : )

We are having a 4th of July inventory reduction sale at this time to make room and $ for all the new 2017 games - email Joe at [email protected] for details / pricing !

Joe Newhart
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    570-357-0042

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

I'll be there.....great tournament...wear comfortable shoes.

I will avoid partying and driving with you Don - you were a very bad influence on me at Expo... : )

#20 6 years ago

We are also taking pre-orders for INVISIGLASS for delivery to ReplayFX - free delivery, boxed up for safe travels home. Must be pre-paid, I will not be bringing any extra - just what's already pre-sold. Discounts for bulk orders over 5 sheets.

Email Joe at PinballSTAR.com.

#21 6 years ago

This year you get to wear harnesses when playing on the stage

#22 6 years ago

wife and I will be attending. Excited for it! Our first time!

#23 6 years ago

Missed the first two because of work obligations.

Not missing this year!! WOO!

#24 6 years ago

I almost forgot about it. I didn't see it on the events page.

#25 6 years ago

In case you're all wondering, I'm a maybe

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I wasn't a huge fan of last years pinburgh shirt. I love this shot Shane Russel posted on Facebook of a 2017 shirt. Hopefully this is the official one for this year.

That shirt looks awesome!

#27 6 years ago

Just booked my room!

#28 6 years ago

Sad I can't attend this year. I had a blast last year, but my wife has not fully recovered from her stroke in December, and I can't see leaving town for three days until she is more independent. Hopefully still going to Expo in October, but nothing this Summer, unfortunately. Don, Erik, Hilton... all you guys have fun. Wish I could be there. Cheers!

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Sad I can't attend this year. I had a blast last year, but my wife has not fully recovered from her stroke in December, and I can't see leaving town for three days until she is more independent. Hopefully still going to Expo in October, but nothing this Summer, unfortunately. Don, Erik, Hilton... all you guys have fun. Wish I could be there. Cheers!

Best wishes to your wife's recovery

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from ViolinSteve:

hope recovery continues well! You guys are in my thoughts and sending positive vibes!

#31 6 years ago

This was our first pinball show last year. Sadly it spoiled us because every show we have been to had lines to play most of the machines. Now we are ruined, thanks replay fx

Looking forward to the 2017 version!

#32 6 years ago

I'll be there. Made the playoffs last year and came in 5th!

( .... in D division ... )

#33 6 years ago

I will be there. Last year I made A division but ended up playing very poorly on the final day. I need to take some advice from Steve Ritchie and play better.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

I came in dead last in the charity tournament last year. I'm looking to repeat that performance this year.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

I came in dead last in the charity tournament last year. I'm looking to repeat that performance this year.

Being in dead last is getting harder and harder. It takes some kind of magic.
    I end up there a lot lately.

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I will be there. Last year I made A division but ended up playing very poorly on the final day. I need to take some advice from Steve Ritchie and play better.

good advice.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

I managed to squeak by you and take 4th, so I have to play in C this year. Hoping to not get killed.

#38 6 years ago

plane tickets booked - we're on our way Houston!!

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

looks like free gold watch hoodie!

#40 6 years ago

Two more weeks! Woo hoo! I'm stoked there is a new Southern Tier brewery in town! Can't find that in CA.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vinosky:

Two more weeks! Woo hoo!

Three more weeks (unless you're getting there a week early)

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Best wishes to your wife's recovery

Quoted from Whysnow:

hope recovery continues well! You guys are in my thoughts and sending positive vibes!

Thanks guys!!! It's progressing well, but still quite a way to go. Thankfully, I have 3 machines I can play without having to leave the house. Looking forward to ReplayFX2018, though.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Thanks guys!!! It's progressing well, but still quite a way to go. Thankfully, I have 3 machines I can play without having to leave the house. Looking forward to ReplayFX2018, though.

Get well soon Kelly! You will be in our prayers and sorely missed brother!

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Three more weeks (unless you're getting there a week early)

Haha damn got too excited!

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I will avoid partying and driving with you Don - you were a very bad influence on me at Expo... : )

You aint seen nuffin' yet. See you there!

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I managed to squeak by you and take 4th, so I have to play in C this year. Hoping to not get killed.

oh wow, did i play against you? i was the guy who drained on Firepower, only like 1000 points away from advancing, who yelled "FUCK" at the top of his lungs, only to turn around and see a little girl sitting directly behind him. i got a stern warning from the official for that! i didn't need it, though, i felt like a piece of shit regardless. i have basically spent the last year working on stopping loud outbursts like that, haha.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

oh wow, did i play against you? i was the guy who drained on Firepower, only like 1000 points away from advancing, who yelled "FUCK" at the top of his lungs, only to turn around and see a little girl sitting directly behind him. i got a stern warning from the official for that! i didn't need it, though, i felt like a piece of shit regardless. i have basically spent the last year working on stopping loud outbursts like that, haha.

Don't know what your actual name is, so I'm not sure. I was the 6'4" ginger with the spooky pinball shirt. We might not have been in the same semi group.

The girl would have been Eugene's (3rd place) daughter Bella. She's a darn good player too.

#48 6 years ago

sweet! can't wait for this thing to begin. i'm gonna tie some pillows to the bottom of my feet this time though.

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Gotta work on yelling other things instead

"SUGAR SHACK!!"

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Gotta work on yelling other things instead
    "SUGAR SHACK!!"

Crud monkey!!

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfx-2017-pinburgh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.