Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 598 posts
  • 152 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dmbjunky
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160801_070207_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191422_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191305_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191237_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191217_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191156_(resized).jpg
    20160731_171845_(resized).jpg
    20160730_171131_(resized).jpg
    20160731_162240_(resized).jpg
    20160730_171009_(resized).jpg
    20160729_222651_(resized).jpg
    20160730_134109_(resized).jpg
    20160729_103345_(resized).jpg
    20160728_183743_(resized).jpg
    20160728_183246_(resized).jpg
    20160728_100648_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#384 7 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

guys - planning on coming today but wanted to confirm that the full suite of pins are open on free play. I keep on hearing people say that it's a limited set but that would be changing. Is today a good day for those who just want to play (not play in the tourney)?
    Also - didn't see GHOSTBUSTERS. Tell me there is GB to play...LE?

tourney is still going on all day today

http://pinburgh.com/2016/live/

#464 7 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I don't know why everyone doesn't stampede to this show.

In short, because it is super expensive to attend. I would like to go, but when you have to pick and choose the events to attend based on vacation budget and time off form work then more expensive the trip the harder it is to justify.

Trip for wife and I would be over $1500 easy and a large part of that would be to get entry into a show we would likely not do anything at besides play pinball, combined with a large portion of the entry being to make a large prize purse (I understand it, but hard to justify a donation to one of the same top 10 players each year.)

It is nice to combine pinball trips as a bolt on with regular vacation as Pittsburgh is not really a place to visit aside from the pinball aspect.

#466 7 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

They have prizing from A-D division so there are no donations

They give away over 50k to the top 40 in A.
    They give away less than 50k to the winners in all other divisions combined.

The vast majority of people are donators. I understand it. They want to be a premier event and funnel the expensive entry fee to a large prize pool. Just one of the factors that have kept me from going to the show.

I may hit it next year or the year after but reality is that it is a once in a great while show for me based on the cost/commitment vs what you get for value elsewhere. I prefer to go to PAPA and hope to return again for the next event. I am sure I will check out Pinnburgh eventually.

#474 7 years ago

no need to bag on me guys. Eric wondered why people are not going bonkers to get to the show. I just shared my reasons.

Not every show is for everybody every year. I am sure I will check it off the bucket list at some point, but given the format, cost, and prize structure it is not high on my current list.

This year we checked off TPF and are doing Dory Hill as they both offer more bang for my personal buck.

#510 7 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

You should really come and experience it just once I think if you talk to the majority of people they will agree it is money well spent.

so what is the most effeicent way to do Pinnburgh.

Looking for serious advice from those with experience.
    What hotel to stay at?
    Will I need a car rental if I fly in (limited PTO so driving burns 2 more days)?
    When do tickets go on sale (I know it sells out every year)

Are there pre-activities that I should plan for? I think I saw something about a warm up event on Wed?

#512 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

we went to Kennywood

what is kennywood?

#554 7 years ago

ok, what are dates for 2017?

Wife has to put in PTO a crazy amount of time in advance, so dates ASAP would be appreciated.

#556 7 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Dates for 2017 haven't been confirmed with the convention center yet.

doe you have an Estimate of when you hope to confirm them? The more notice to plan, the better the chances of us being able to put in the time off and attend.

side note: when is PAPA this year?

#558 7 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

PAPA 20 is April 5th through 9th, 2017.

thanks! Hoping this does not conflict with MGC again... fingers crossed.

Quoted from ninjadoug:

We have to negotiate with the convention center on some issues before we can confirm the dates.

do you think you will know in the next month? 3 months? thanks

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfx-2016?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.