4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 598 posts
  • 152 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dmbjunky
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 93 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160801_070207_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191422_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191305_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191237_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191217_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191156_(resized).jpg
    20160731_171845_(resized).jpg
    20160730_171131_(resized).jpg
    20160731_162240_(resized).jpg
    20160730_171009_(resized).jpg
    20160729_222651_(resized).jpg
    20160730_134109_(resized).jpg
    20160729_103345_(resized).jpg
    20160728_183743_(resized).jpg
    20160728_183246_(resized).jpg
    20160728_100648_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ninjadoug.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#202 3 years ago

We've added another pinball tournament to ReplayFX! Open to everyone!

Intergalactic Pinball Championship

OVERVIEW:
    In lieu of a consolation tournament for Pinburgh, ReplayFX will now include a second WPPR-eligible pinball tournament open to all players. This tournament has been structured in a way to give anyone who desires more competitive pinball during the ReplayFX weekend a chance to continue playing, and also as a way to solicit donations for a group of charities hand-picked by the Replay Foundation staff. The tournament format will be Limited Best Game.

In exchange for a $10 donation toward one of the charities listed below, each player will receive 10 tickets, with each ticket representing one game on a qualifying machine. Players may not purchase additional tickets, which makes this tournament “limited” when compared to other Best Game or “Herb”-style pinball tournaments. The available qualifying bank will consist of 12 pinball machines drawn from all eras.

Qualifying scoring will follow standard PAPA World Championship procedures:
    1st place on a qualifying machine will equal 100 points, 2nd will equal 90 points, 3rd will equal 85 points, 4th will equal 84 points, and so on. The sum of points from the player’s best scores on 4 games will be used to rank players throughout the qualifying portion of the tournament. Only a player’s best score on each machine will be counted.

This is an IFPA endorsed tournament; anyone is eligible to play.

SCHEDULE:

Saturday
    10:00am – Open qualifying and registration.
    10:00am – 5:00pm – Qualifying open.
    5:00pm – 9:00pm – Qualifying closed. Go watch Pinburgh finals.
    9:00pm – 1:30am – Qualifying re-opens.
    1:30am – Qualifying ends.

Sunday
    9:00 – 9:30am – Check-In for Finals
    9:30am – Finals Begin
    COST:
    $10 donation to any of the following charities at registration: Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, RAINN, Replay Foundation, Western Pennsylvania Humane Society, or Wounded Warrior Project.

FINALS:
    At the end of qualifying Sunday, the top 40 players will qualify for finals. Any players tied on the qualifying bubble will qualify for finals.

Finals will be conducted as a 3 strike knockout tournament. Players will be grouped in 3 or 4 player groups and play one randomly assigned game. Players will record the results and return the scoresheet to the registration desk. The players who finish 3rd and 4th (or 2nd and 3rd in 3 player groups) will receive strikes.

After all results are recorded groups will be drawn again. Players will be grouped with other players with a similar number of strikes. Once a player has received 3 strikes they are eliminated from the event.

Play continues until there is only 1 player remaining. That player will be crowned the Intergalactic Pinball Champion.

PRIZES:
    All prizes consist of ReplayFX store credit. All credit won must be redeemed before the end of the show Sunday at 5pm.

1st: $150 +Trophy
    2nd: $100 +medal
    3rd: $70 +medal
    4th: $50 +medal
    5th-10th: $30
    11th-20th: $25
    21st-30th: $20
    Any ties in final standings will be decided by initial qualifying seed.

#203 3 years ago

Coming to ReplayFX and would like to volunteer for the Space Army?

Join the Space Army!

We need your help! The universe is in great peril, and the ReplayFX Space Army is seeking a wide range of volunteers to help our alliance do battle against the forces of organized alien crime. ReplayFX currently has several positions available for humanoid, arachnid, and jelly-blob life forms. If you are interested in joining the Space Army and fighting for the freedom and protection of Humanoids, Arachnids, and Jelly-blobs throughout the galaxies, we encourage you to fill out the application below.

If your application is accepted, our Brigade Commanders will instruct you on your specific duties in detail prior to lavishing you with priceless galactic artifacts such as a t-shirt, a full weekend pass into our festival, special access to the games, a behind-the-scenes look at the operation, and more!

Six 4-Hour Shifts (24 hours)

Super Special Space Army Badge & Lanyard
    One T-shirt Designating You as a Space Army Member
    One Full Weekend Pass
    Fifteen Extra Raffle Tickets
    Access to the VIP Party

Four 4-Hour Shifts (16 hours)

One Free One-Day pass
    Ten Extra Raffle Tickets
    Access to the VIP Party
    Two 4-Hour Shifts (8 Hours)

Five Extra Raffle Tickets
    50% Off One Daily Pass

One 4-Hour Shift (4 Hours)

20% Off One Daily pass

If you would like to volunteer to help fill out the form here: http://replayfx.org/space-army/

#205 3 years ago

There is no official Pinside meetup that I am aware of, but if someone would like to organize one, we could find some space to host it.

#206 3 years ago

Cornhole Competition!

Can you throw a bean bag at a hole? If so, you could win $500 in prize money!

ReplayFX will feature a bean bag toss competition, also known as cornhole, between two-player teams facing off in a standard head-to-head bracket. Players will alternate turns and throw bags at the opposing boards, which will be placed twenty-seven feet apart at their closest points. Any bean bag that stays on the opposing board will count as one point. Any bean bag that goes through the center hole in the opposing board will count as three points. The first team to score twenty-one points, winning by two or more, will advance in the bracket. The competition is free to enter, and the first-place team will win $500! Second-place will take home $100.

The ReplayFX cornhole competition will take place Sunday, July 31. Team sign-ups will occur between 9am and 9:30am. A brief explanation of the rules will take place at the conclusion of team sign-ups, after which the competition will begin and continue until champions have been crowned. Both members of a team must be present to sign-up, and all competitors must use the bean bags provided by ReplayFX. Multiple courts will be made available, and teams will be randomly assigned to a court when it is their turn to play.

The cornhole boards and associated bean bags will be made available to the general public from Thursday to Saturday.

#208 3 years ago

Daily Art and Audio Challenge at ReplayFX!

Art & Audio Challenge – Every day.

Can you name that sound?

Can you identify that video game screen shot, arcade sideart, or pinball backglass?

The Art & Audio Challenge will pit players against one another in a series of ten-question rounds. Each question will consist of a moderator displaying a piece of video game or pinball artwork, an audio clip, or both. For each question, the first competitor to press the buzzer will have five seconds, and one guess, to identify the referenced game. Players who correctly identify the game will receive a point. Players who guess incorrectly will lose a point.

The Art & Audio Challenge will be free to play and will award prizes to winners in each round.

#211 3 years ago

Kong-Off is returning to ReplayFX.

The Donkey Kong World Championships will bring together the world’s greatest Donkey Kong players to compete for high scores, a minimum of $4,000 in prize money, and the Kong Off Championship belt!

The Kong Off is managed by Richie “The King of Arcades” Knucklez and will offer festival attendees the opportunity to watch four days of world record-setting attempts. The current world record stands at 1,206,800. Will anyone at ReplayFX be able to climb higher?

1 week later
    #219 3 years ago

NeonFM Challenge:

Can you keep time to music? If so, you have a chance to win money at NeonFM, an exciting new game by Unit-e that will be on display at ReplayFX!

NeonFM is an electrified rhythm and action game that asks players to press buttons in time to a variety of music. The more buttons you press, and the better time you keep, the better chance you will have of taking home some cash in this free-to-enter competition!

The NeonFM challenge will be held on Saturday, July 30, at 2pm and will offer a prize pool of $500. First place will receive $300. Second place will receive $150, and third place will receive $50. Full details will be disclosed at the event, so start practicing!

Find out more about NeonFM here: https://neonfm.com/

#221 3 years ago

The list of music acts this year is great:
    Universal Beat Union
    Triforce Quartet
    Bit Brigade
    Swampwalk
    Mega Beardo
    and of course Flashback... maybe with special guest vocalist Richie Knucklez on a song or two

#223 3 years ago

There wasn't an official one, but this is probably a good place to post for one.

#226 3 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

How would one go about selling machines, and is renting a booth required to do so? I ask because the only places inside the venue that I saw them for sale were at booths. Unless I just didn't notice for sale signs on the machines??

No booth is required.

To bring a game just fill out this form: http://replayfx.org/bring-a-game/

I'll be bringing my MET MoPLE and a Transformers LE to sell.

#227 3 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Is the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra going to be doing a corresponding game-theme'd show like last year?

Unfortunately, they will not be this year.

Last year's was an unplanned coincidence.

But there is this Night Run thing going on right across the river from ReplayFX on 7/30: https://www.nightnationrun.com/pittsburgh-2016/

#239 3 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

So once you put it on the floor you are allowed to offer it up for sale?

If you would like to sell it, yes.

From the webpage:

What if I sell my game while it’s there, can I turn it off?
    The Arcade is intended as a place where games are brought to share with others. ReplayFX staff reserves the right to keep all games in the Arcade powered on for the duration of the event unless a technical issue has arisen, in which case we will follow those procedures.

#240 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaterminator:

I am most likely going to come up with some guys who are in the field. I was just curious if there would be updates between now and show kickoff to know exactly where the counts stood.

All players in the Pinburgh field have to be checked in by 9:30 AM on Thursday. Once that is complete we will open up any remaining spots to waitlisters who are on hand to take the spots.

#241 3 years ago
    Quoted from davebart5:

Thanks guys! The trip is flexible for us, but I think I only have one day to take it in before my lady will be anxious to see what the next phase of the trip has in store. Don't get me wrong, she's gonna have a blast, she plays in a league with me every week, and supports my pinball addiction, but I know she was trying to stick and move on this trip.
    Sounds like there will be plenty of games to play no matter when we go, but what about vendors, should I just wait until Friday? I had a hunch some vendors will just be getting into town to setup on Thursday, and Friday everyone will be in full swing. I'm hoping to pick up some cool things for my game room.

Some vendors may not besetting up until Friday, so you may miss a few.

#242 3 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I'm a tourney player. But even if I was not, there's no way I could take in ReplayFX in one day. If your time is flexible, I would dedicate at least 2 full days for Replay. Also, and this is just a hunch, I would think less vendors would be set up and ready to go on Thursday AM than any other time. The PAPA games are all there from the beginning.

That is one unique thing about ReplayFX. The Replay collection has over 800 pinball and video games in the collection in addition to over 2000 console games so even if no one else brings any games, we have you covered

#247 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaterminator:

Just to clarify, I assume this means the website listings, as they are now, will not change between now and 9:30 day of show? TIA

That is incorrect. The list of players and the waitlist will be continuously updated as needed until 24 hours before the show.

#251 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballwiz45b:

Will there be a Bride of Pinbot 2.0 available for play at the event?

At this time, no. Replay does not own a Bride 2.0 and I'm not aware of anyone bringing one.

#253 3 years ago

Try your hand at the Replay World Championship (yes, it's arcade games and not pinball)

The Replay World Championship is a 3-day classic arcade tournament with a guaranteed prize pool of over $4,000. The winner of the tournament will be anointed the World Champion of Classic Arcade Games by the Replay Foundation until the tournament takes place again the following year.

Every attendee of ReplayFX will be permitted to play three games in the Replay World Championship for free. Following these three attempts, a single $25 entry fee will earn players 40 additional attempts with which to achieve their highest possible scores across 8 different classic arcade titles. The 43 total attempts may be divided by players in whatever fashion they feel offers them the best strategic opportunity to qualify for the final rounds. Players will not be permitted to purchase additional qualifying attempts at any time.

Only the highest score on each tournament machine will be counted toward a player’s overall qualifying score. This means if a player attempts the same machine 4 times over the course of the 3-day qualifying period, only the highest score out of those 4 attempts will be counted. Only a player’s best 5 performances on the 8 available arcade titles will count toward his or her qualifying total. This defines the highest possible qualifying score as 500 points. This detail also means a player can strategically choose to avoid 3 or fewer of the arcade titles entirely during the qualifying period and still advance to the final rounds.

During the final rounds on Saturday evening, the top 24 qualifiers will compete in a head-to-head bracket, with the top 8 seeds receiving a first-round bye. Games will be played either as single-game elimination or best-two-games-out-of-three depending on which machine is chosen. The games may or may not be different from those used during qualifying, and the higher seed will not be permitted to choose the same game in more than one round.

Players and press should note that this is not a high score contest. Players will be asked to compete on the games in person, as they stand, with no custom button configurations, private joysticks, or personalized equipment. All players will compete on the same machines. While some world records may be broken, the ultimate goal is not to set high scores in an idyllic setting, but rather to crown a World Champion in a raucous, tournament atmosphere.

#255 3 years ago

How about some guest speakers:

Friday, July 29
    3:15pm: Dave Marston – Pinnsylvania

David Marston has given presentations and conducted panels at Pinball Expo and Pintastic New England, including “Pinball on Record”, “The History of Pinball Fandom”, “The Data Collectors: Pinball’s True Historians”, “Pinballs for Italy”, “How Can We Find Good Pinball Games On Location and Reward the Operators?”, and more. Dave also writes for PinGame Journal and has written for other pinball publications in the past.

In Dave’s own words: “From border to border, Pennsylvania is loaded with good pinball games available to the public. You just have to be prepared for a roadtrip. This is intended to be an interactive session where we review twenty years of leads I have gathered about good pinball spots throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.”

#260 3 years ago
    Quoted from ercvacation:

Is there a for sale thread?

There isn't currently, but feel free to post for sale games here.

I'm going to be bringing a METLE and TFLE to the show for sale.

#275 3 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

There was talk after last years Pinburgh about the concrete floors taking their toll on everyone over the long tourney. Was any solution ever found to this? I know some people brought mats to stand on.

The cost for carpeting was exceptionally high. But as an alternative, there is a nice lounge section in the middle of the Pinburgh area and we have a lot more seating available around the area.

#277 3 years ago
    Quoted from bcrage88:

Sent an email to Bowen to get a refund one of the entries I paid for but have not heard back on this should I send it to someone else to process this? I know you guys are busy there just want to open up another spot for someone on waitlist let me know if I need to send this to another email address.

Bowen doesn't do ticket sales

Send a email to support@showclix.com with the details of your order. They will process it.

#278 3 years ago

Lyman doesn't do many seminars, but we have him!

Friday, July 29
    4:30pm: A Pinball Discussion with Lyman Sheats & Greg Dunlap

Greg Dunlap is a former pinball programmer, author, and Senior Drupal Architect at Lullabot. Greg will be discussing his own history within the gaming industry followed by a brief interview / Question & Answer session with longtime pinball programmer Lyman Sheats.

Lyman Sheats has programmed or contributed to numerous pinball machines over his 20+ year career in the gaming industry. Some of the more notable games to which Lyman has contributed include, but are not limited to: The Who’s Tommy, Spider-Man, Revenge From Mars, Metallica, Monster Bash, Attack From Mars, AC/DC, Batman, Tron Legacy, Guns N’ Roses, & Medieval Madness. Lyman is also a highly-decorated competitive pinball player, having won the PAPA World Pinball Championships in 1993, 2004 & 2006 in addition to several other major competitive tournaments.

#291 3 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

I am super excited to be going with my whole family to Replay FX, If anyone has any suggestions for really good restaurants near Replay FX. I would love to check them out.

When you arrive, go to the information booth and there will be a card with all the restaurants within walking distance of the Convention Center. Pittsburgh is loaded with some great restaurants!

#309 3 years ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

Speaking of hand sanitizer, will there be small sanitizer stations/bottles at the event or should I bring my own?

We do not have any portable ones. I'll add that to the suggestion list though.

#310 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

What's the noise on pre-event activities on Wednesday?
    The pingolf thing sounded cool last year, but was just way too crowded. Other events or parties happening?

The PPL is running a Pingolf again:

https://www.facebook.com/events/153001678450582/

#311 3 years ago
    Quoted from bam10:

Are Sony or Microsoft going to have a presence there?

They are not on this list of vendors this year.

#326 3 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Nope. There were a small number of games that were not on free play last year, either because they couldn't be set that way or some oversight, but it's a free-play show. There are roaming techs that are supposed to credit up the games without a free-play setting

And if you see a game not on free play, please grab any member of staff and we will get it fixed for you ASAP.

#327 3 years ago

All the Pinburgh banks revealed!

Pinburgh_Reveal_(resized).jpg

#329 3 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

So it looks like I will only be able to make Thursday this year as opposed to Saturday last year. What can I expect while there, Will there be less games, booths, etc setup since it will be opening day? Or will it be just as if I were there on Fri-Sat-Sun?

The nice thing about ReplayFX is we provide 99% of the games there. What that means is everything we bring and provide will be there.

The Pinburgh games will be reserved for the tournament so they will be unavailable.

I don't personally deal with vendors but I know vendor setup is Wednesday night.

Because it's Thursday it tends to be less crowded so you should be able to try out everything there!

#338 3 years ago

Here's the image of the entire show. Over 4.5 acres of gaming

13737728_1052045171543747_4034301013970519681_o_(resized).jpg

#339 3 years ago
    Quoted from Beyndtstng:

I thought the hobbit was at this show....

Just because a game isn't on the Pinburgh list doesn't mean it won't be at the show. At last count we will have over 500 pinball machines at the show.

#359 3 years ago

That's up to the convention center, but last year I saw plenty of people roaming around with back packs.

#376 3 years ago

If you want the volume turned up on a specific pin, ask one of our techs. They'd be happy to do it for you!

#499 3 years ago
    Quoted from vidgameseller:

Surprisingly, more places than you would think!!!
    However, Im really surprised with all the post here that there really is not much talk about the games that Jay had dragged out with him. Being a person that is invited to go to Pinball Olympics, im shocked that there has not been post about how nuts some of the games he comes up with are.

Big thanks to the crew that brought those in! They were a blast to play.

#535 3 years ago
    Quoted from ahanson:

Just a suggestion to try and add more Wed night rooms to the block. Flying in Wed is pretty common and while it wasn't too tough to get Thurs-Sunday, Wed seemed to sell out faster than Pinburgh entries. It might be limited based on the other stuff that's going on but if possible it'd be nice to try and grab a few more.

The Westin couldn't give us any more rooms, but we'll have a little more leverage next year.

#536 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Food is the convention center.. from what I understand Replay has little influence there. It was worse last year, at least this year they added some carts and had some more options.. but we still buy them out and the only one 'after hours' cart is murder. The selection gets worse as they sell out of stuff. Hopefully with a track record.. the convention food vendor would step up to capitalize on the demand. Certainly way more demand there.

This. We don't get any of the proceeeds from food or beverage and have to use the contracted vendor for the convention center. Situation was improved over last year, and we can force them to step it up even more next year.

#555 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

ok, what are dates for 2017?
    Wife has to put in PTO a crazy amount of time in advance, so dates ASAP would be appreciated.

Dates for 2017 haven't been confirmed with the convention center yet.

#557 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

doe you have an Estimate of when you hope to confirm them? The more notice to plan, the better the chances of us being able to put in the time off and attend.
    side note: when is PAPA this year?

PAPA 20 is April 5th through 9th, 2017.

We have to negotiate with the convention center on some issues before we can confirm the dates.

#559 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

do you think you will know in the next month? 3 months? thanks

The goal is to announce the dates as soon as possible.

#568 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Ninjadoug - How can I found out who owned a particular arcade game. There was a Crazy Climber arcade there that I would like to find out if the owner is interested in selling. Feel free to PM me. Thanks!

The vast majority of games there are owned by the Replay Foundation and not for sale. Crazy Climber included

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    € 4.20
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 209.99
    $ 7.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 12.50
    $ 79.00
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 51.45
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.95
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 64.00
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ninjadoug.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside