Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 598 posts
  • 152 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dmbjunky
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160801_070207_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191422_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191305_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191237_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191217_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191156_(resized).jpg
    20160731_171845_(resized).jpg
    20160730_171131_(resized).jpg
    20160731_162240_(resized).jpg
    20160730_171009_(resized).jpg
    20160729_222651_(resized).jpg
    20160730_134109_(resized).jpg
    20160729_103345_(resized).jpg
    20160728_183743_(resized).jpg
    20160728_183246_(resized).jpg
    20160728_100648_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 8 years ago

Awesome news!

#30 8 years ago

Room booked. See you all then!

9 months later
    #447 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Live standings are back up. Larry Scott in C made it through to the semis and proceeded to blow up Star Trek to the tune of 165 million. Go Larry!

Thanks, that was a fun game to play. Almost got to 9.9 ... stuffed up the finals but no biggie, trip was paid for 2 rounds ago lol

#468 7 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Just got back from ReplayFX. I don't know why everyone doesn't stampede to this show.

I heard Saturday attendance was nerfed by hillary's gig chewing up every parking spot in the area.. no parking + rain kept walkins and local visitors away. Buddy who had a booth reported much lower biz this sat vs last year.

Hilton, dunno wtf you're thinking... full show pass is only 100 bucks for 4 days. All tournament entry fees are separate. No play, no pay. Show admission by far is cheapest component compared to flight and hotel. You're totally digging deep for reasons to bitch about a show you didn't even attend

#470 7 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Even if you don't care to do the tournament, there were 200+ pins available all weekend, and most of the Pinburgh banks are available after 10 pm Friday. Which gives you all day Saturday and Sunday till 5 (because they don't leave).

Plus a few hundred arcade games, a few dozen vendors, hundreds of consoles, seminars and live viewing of A finals

Biggest thing: the games all work. They're restored, shopped or new. All flippers and bumpers are strong. Flippers all aligned properly. All games leveled and pitched correctly. Everything is dialed in - some of the early ss games played faster than the dmd games at other shows. Top quality throughout

#473 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

They give away over 50k to the top 40 in A.
    They give away less than 50k to the winners in all other divisions combined.

Pinburgh pays 40 deep across 4 divisions. 160 people win money, and the smallest prize still covers both show and tournament entry fees.

#485 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

no need to bag on me guys. Eric wondered why people are not going bonkers to get to the show. I just shared my reasons. Not every show is for everybody every year. I am sure I will check it off the bucket list at some point, but given the format, cost, and prize structure it is not high on my current list.

Nothing wrong with choosing one show over another. But, when you offer some reasons that don't jive with reality... we need to point that out. Replayfx is one of the best values you can get. $200 buys both show (which is HUGE) and tourney entry. That's just 10 PAPA A entries, or typical show+Herb tourney entry spend. Pinburgh guarantees you participation in 40 4-player matches. If you play well, you get to compete against the best players in pinball for the biggest prizes in pinball. If you're not up to that you still play against people from all over the world on incredibly maintained games, with a realistic chance to win at least your fees back. Saying pinburgh is a bad value is just odd.

#492 7 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

The sound of the ball hitting the ineffective center post with no rubber is like salt in the wound

I tinked an sdtm off the rubberless post on CSI that bounced to the top of the insert grid saved the ball but still lost that game...

#517 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

What hotel to stay at?
    Will I need a car rental if I fly in (limited PTO so driving burns 2 more days)?
    When do tickets go on sale (I know it sells out every year)

Any hotel nearby would work - the Westin is 145/night which isn't horrible. No car needed - you can walk to any food from McDonalds to Mortons, and there's 7-11s and CVSs around for random needs. You can fly in and take a shuttle bus to downtown from the airport. Watch replayfx site for ticket anouncements. The 'timed' buys are Pinburgh tourney entries and Westin rooms - general passes and other hotels don't sell out as quickly. And yes, definitely hit Kennywood if you can!

#528 7 years ago
    Quoted from LEE:

Thanks,
    I brought the only working game from the 50's, my Gottlieb Hi-Diver.
    Every time I walked by it people were playing it.

That game was nice! I played it a few times, needed the inspiration to fix up the one I got last year...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfx-2016?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.