Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 598 posts
  • 152 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dmbjunky
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160801_070207_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191422_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191305_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191237_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191217_(resized).jpg
    20160731_191156_(resized).jpg
    20160731_171845_(resized).jpg
    20160730_171131_(resized).jpg
    20160731_162240_(resized).jpg
    20160730_171009_(resized).jpg
    20160729_222651_(resized).jpg
    20160730_134109_(resized).jpg
    20160729_103345_(resized).jpg
    20160728_183743_(resized).jpg
    20160728_183246_(resized).jpg
    20160728_100648_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from sleethering:

Glad I read this thread... Westin reserved with the group rate via phone! It was really nice being able to chill in the room between Pinburgh rounds last time. Can't wait for the next one!

You walked all the way back between rounds? That was a hike and a half. heh.

8 months later
    #232 7 years ago

A big portion of the pinballs are off limits to regular show attendees until the end of pinburg rounds on friday night. So if you go on thursday, you'll only have the non-pinburg pins to play. This is by no means a small number however. There are still more pins that are not involved in pinburg than most shows have total.

#237 7 years ago
    Quoted from zaterminator:

How often will the main tournament/waiting list be updated in the next few weeks? I'm on the outside looking in at the moment but hoping to slide into the field with cancellations. Thanks.

If you're going to the show the whole weekend anyway - show up before the tournament starts thursday morning and see if you can get on some kind of an in-person wait list. I would expect that some people who didn't cancel still won't show and there would be spots to squeak in to, if you're there and ready to go.

Just my thought, I have no idea if this would actually work.

1 week later
    #264 7 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

There was talk after last years Pinburgh about the concrete floors taking their toll on everyone over the long tourney. Was any solution ever found to this? I know some people brought mats to stand on.

It really wasn't as bad as I expected. Just sit down somewhere between rounds or bring stuff and sit during rounds - anti-fatigue mat, folding stool, etc.

#270 7 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

But don't move those chairs in the hall or you will be in trouble.

Just the red chairs. NOBODY TOUCH THE RED CHAIRS.

/man I wish I was going this year.

#289 7 years ago

We ate at the Meatball place twice. Great stuff. I thought it was called Sienna Mercato though -- but apparently it's both(?) according to the googles.

http://www.siennapgh.com/mercato/

#321 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

From the show floor layout posted on Facebook, it appears the show is twice as large this year......floor space wise.

Yeah, using both sides of that building this year. Just wish they posted a larger version so you could read all the details.

#324 7 years ago
    Quoted from Beyndtstng:

I have read conflicting sources and I just want to confirm. Do any of the pinball machines require money to play? If so, what would the best guess on the percentage? This is my first festival, quite green....

Nope. There were a small number of games that were not on free play last year, either because they couldn't be set that way or some oversight, but it's a free-play show. There are roaming techs that are supposed to credit up the games without a free-play setting

#346 7 years ago
    Quoted from PNorth:

I don't know if anyone else would be interested, but I'd love to see a time-lapse video of the set up for ReplayFX. There's probably a good documentary's worth of material!
    The logistics for moving everything and setting everything up must be an undertaking beyond most people's comprehension.

It was mentioned on the twitch stream yesterday that they did have a time lapse shot set up.

#463 7 years ago

Just got back from ReplayFX. I don't know why everyone doesn't stampede to this show. It's effing huge. Pinburgh is a total blast because of the match-play format. There's boatloads of other pins/videos/etc to play. I sure hope they're doing well enough that they keep having this show. Can't wait to go next year!

#469 7 years ago

Pinburgh is a damn fine 2 solid days of entertainment and rubbing elbows with pinballers from all over the world for $100, whether you get anything back out of it or not. Absolutely awesome tournament/time.

Even if you don't care to do the tournament, there were 200+ pins available all weekend, and most of the Pinburgh banks are available after 10 pm Friday. Which gives you all day Saturday and Sunday till 5 (because they don't leave).

So if you're worried about budget, just come for Saturday/Sunday to check it out and play games.

#482 7 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

My suggestion is to make one of those human sized snow globe setups and play pin in that
    I forgot to try the backwards afm... That looked cool

Jay already has one of those. I think that got added to the roster 2 olympics back. He only brought some of the smaller more portable items to the show this year ... Maybe next year the story will be different

The attack from the back thing is PAPAs own Olympic style creation.

#496 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Ok esplain this one to me. What is a Blizzard City Slicker?

An evil contraption Jay made that turns red balls into tons of red dust.

Specifically, it's a plexiglass box that goes on top of the game glass and a fan which circulates a big pile of red foam balls around in it, in the way of the view of the player. Running at the long hours the show runs, it turns out the machine slowly wore away the foam balls into lint. Whoopsiemess.

This contraption was sitting on a City Slicker game at the show. Hence the name.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#524 7 years ago

So what are the dates for next year, eh?

2 weeks later
    #596 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I just read they are going to have driverless ubers by the end of the month in Pittsburgh. Too bad they didn't have that for Pinburgh. I am kind of worried for the loss of jobs for Taxi drivers.

They had regular uber, and several other options. It's not like the lack of magical wizard cars was a loss.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfx-2016?tu=epthegeek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.